OU opens as -7.5 favorite over Texas

Xcalibur

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

With Sam's shoulder hurting and his struggles vs Kansas, along with BJones questionable status, Collin not at 100%, and both Texas RBs banged up ...........it wouldn't surprise me to see the line move closer to Texas +9.5 by Saturday.  

The B12 Conference's only shot for a team in the CFP is BlowU, plus I'm sure ESPN would love to have a Kyler vs Tua matchup...... Might see a few more calls (or noncalls) go the way of crimson in the early game Saturday.  

BlowU has to win Big for any shot at CFP, so they will be looking to run up the score on Texas.....

We will play the best game of our season on Saturday imo, but so will OU. Whoever cracks under the pressure will lose this game. Turnovers will be key.

With Sam's shoulder hurting and his struggles vs Kansas, along with BJones questionable status, Collin not at 100%, and both Texas RBs banged up ...........it wouldn't surprise me to see the line move closer to Texas +9.5 by Saturday.  

The B12 Conference's only shot for a team in the CFP is BlowU, plus I'm sure ESPN would love to have a Kyler vs Tua matchup...... Might see a few more calls (or noncalls) go the way of crimson in the early game Saturday.  

BlowU has to win Big for any shot at CFP, so they will be looking to run up the score on Texas.....

We will play the best game of our season on Saturday imo, but so will OU. Whoever cracks under the pressure will lose this game. Turnovers will be key.

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Motivation should not be a problem.

There are national debates over ou vs osu that aren't mentioning this game at all.

OU players have already started mouthing off about "have fun playing kyler."

It's for the conference championship.

It's for ou not winning the conference, again, and potentiality going to the playoff.

It's for 10 wins.  

It's for every ou recruit who passed on TX bc they wanted to win championships, and every current recruit considering the same debate

It's to send that smug little bitch of a qb off to baseball never having won anything of importance in his college career.  A nice thank you for his little recruiting stunt in Austin.

It's for our seniors who have played through some of the worst years we've ever had, and been a part of turning it around.

We'll be ready. 

Late to the party but I'm ready to run through a fucking brick wall. Well said, sir. 

Edited by BigHorn'13

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Motivation should not be a problem.

There are national debates over ou vs osu that aren't mentioning this game at all.

OU players have already started mouthing off about "have fun playing kyler."

It's for the conference championship.

It's for ou not winning the conference, again, and potentiality going to the playoff.

It's for 10 wins.  

It's for every ou recruit who passed on TX bc they wanted to win championships, and every current recruit considering the same debate. 

It's to send that smug little bitch of a qb off to baseball never having won anything of importance in his college career.  A nice thank you for his little recruiting stunt in Austin.

It's for our seniors who have played through some of the worst years we've ever had, and been a part of turning it around.

We'll be ready. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5532843

this makes too much sense, so few will acknowledge it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I hope Hager takes out a Randy Jackson signed Katana at midfield after we win and cut those locks Mulan style.

Kyler will wake up in his crib the next morning with flowing golden locks under his covers.

Someone please Photoshop The Godfather horse head scene with the little Ewok in it.

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

You stated, in the OP "Have the odds makers learned nothing".

This intuits that you know more about what the spread should be than the odds makers or that they set the line incorrectly.

To which I responded that you don't know shit about how they set lines.

I don't claim to have specific insight other than how Vegas sets lines.

You could have googled how and made a discovery. You know, learned from the stupid shit you said. 

Instead you'd rather die on the hill that your post titled OU opens as 7.5 point favorite has nothing to do with betting. Rather because it wasn't placed in the betting sub is just a shit talking thread, when there are already 4 or 5 of those threads.

Now you are saying my insight is worthless and that knowledge on how Vegas sets lines is pedantic.

Go ahead, keep climbing that hill of regard and fighting to rally your stupidity to win something that isn't even up for grabs. 

40Idny0.png?1

5 hours ago, vox said:

Ima just leave this right here...

We weren't supposed to beat corn aggy either.

3 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I never realized until now that Derek Lewis was horse collared on that play. Shit. 

Also, when Lewis gets to about the 20, he sees himself about to be tackled ,on the "jumbotron", and covers the ball with both arms.

8 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I don’t think that rule existed back then.

I didn't. It was about 10 years before. Terrell Owens and the Super Bowl in Jacksonville is where it started getting that attention. 

Just saying, at the time it was an ordinary tackle and now it's an obvious risk of injury and a penalty. 

11 hours ago, I Plead Da Fif said:

Agreed. Will be really weird to have to beat them twice for a conference title, but it sure as hell will be fun doing it. 

Yep, but not as fun as it would be in the CB. CCG ought to have a clause in the contract that mandates the game is played at the CB if it's Texas and ou sucks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DreadHead said:

Will Kyler Murray be willing to sacrifice his body and baseball contract to win the game? OU sucks, let's bring the pain.

11 hours ago, Okie Lite in Zapata said:

He’s not going to take a hit for any reason. 

One big hit/sack and I think he folds. 

Too bad no DCs thought of that during OU's first 12 games!  

• Haha 1

They are giving OU over a touchdown in the same city on a neutral field that we beat them in in October?
How much money is Vegas expecting to get from Sooner fans? Apparently a lot.
In the same city?

NOPE.

October game was in a minor suburb of Arlington. This game will be in Arlington proper.
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

You stated, in the OP "Have the odds makers learned nothing".

This intuits that you know more about what the spread should be than the odds makers or that they set the line incorrectly.

To which I responded that you don't know shit about how they set lines.

I don't claim to have specific insight other than how Vegas sets lines.

You could have googled how and made a discovery. You know, learned from the stupid shit you said. 

Instead you'd rather die on the hill that your post titled OU opens as 7.5 point favorite has nothing to do with betting. Rather because it wasn't placed in the betting sub is just a shit talking thread, when there are already 4 or 5 of those threads.

Now you are saying my insight is worthless and that knowledge on how Vegas sets lines is pedantic.

Go ahead, keep climbing that hill of regard and fighting to rally your stupidity to win something that isn't even up for grabs. 

Take the loss, pussy.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

So now you believe yourself Sam Ehlinger and me to be an ousux QB?? Go back to the trailer that you came from or whatever place you migrated from you fucking toothless, zero facts knowing, fuck wit, Tshirt fan. You've no more attended the University of Texas or any Longhorn games than you have won jack shit betting. 

Lot of a teeth for a pussy.  I actually have two degrees from the University and am a regular on the betting board, where I have been posting plays all year and am up quite a bit overall.  Keep taking the loss, pussy.

• Fuck You 1

Herman is 12-1 ATS as an Underdog and 9-4 overall W/L record.  He is phenomenal at motivating his teams to play up (or, as Kansas showed, down) to his competition.  The fact that it is OU and the team hates that little pussy ass bitch Kyler should work out well for us.  Only concern I have is the conference wanting representation in the playoff.  

On 11/25/2018 at 4:08 PM, LTtxfan said:

nailed it, line opened at -7.5 and this morning 7.40am is -10

I got in at -8, though I am still not sure why the line moved up? At first I thought it would turn into a circle game due to Sam’s shoulder. Then I thought maybe the books have an edge of some type? But now I’m just not sure.

-8 is absolutely ridiculous, and believe me I am not that smart. But I saw the first game and how the final score was skewed by the last few minutes. Had Texas broke serve over that period of time, Texas easily wins by two scores. Yet here we are with OU not only the favorite, but one could argue a two score favorite? OU is known not to cover in these type of games. Almost never have. 

This one has me totally confused.

Now at -9? Man I don’t understand how this works at all. 

We have joked around here for years about the easy money, sure bet. But it was always  done tongue in cheek. But damned if this isn’t as close to easy money as I believe I have ever seen. 

3 hours ago, NowThis said:

nailed it, line opened at -7.5 and this morning 7.40am is -10

Fun  to be right 1 time in my life, Thanks for update..... Hope the oddsmakers are wrong this time.

Most repeat match-ups in CCG games end up as blowouts due to the immense pressure, so I'm sure gamblers see BlowU more likely to Win in a blowout scenario of +9.5 or greater.  

If Texas keeps it close through 3 qtrs, we might see a Glorious Longhorn Win

HOOK'EM  🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

Riley refusing to run tempo on offense.  Look at how his offense is draining the play clock.  The intent is obviously to rest his D a bit more and delay the point where they completely collapse.  Of course it's cost them in offensive effectiveness.  Looks like a wash to me so far.

Edited by sushihorn

4 hours ago, Deguello said:

10.5 at Betnow. 

Officials might have helped BlowU a bit...... But today BlowU was probably 10 pts better....... Too many Fucking Texas Penalties...... and Texas Offense underperformance in 2nd Half

OU SUCKS...... 🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nope.  More money kept coming on UT and line kept moving up.  Betundercover -9.5 w 66% money on UT.  Interesting. 

According to a Vegas guy on Friday, "sharp" money was coming pretty heavy on OU and the under at the off shore books. Not sure if maybe that was the influence

3 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

According to a Vegas guy on Friday, "sharp" money was coming pretty heavy on OU and the under at the off shore books. Not sure if maybe that was the influence

Yes. Sharp money on OU.  Public all over Texas.  Glad my hunch was right. Was going to pound texas