Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Ukraine is starting to attack Melitopol:

Even a limited offensive that pushes back Russian lines anywhere is a great PR event and morale builder/crusher, (depending on the side).
As a broad concept, I think anything that makes Putin look bad will quickly result in politically driven and hastily ill-planned decisions by the MoD w/lots more unnecessary Russian deaths
They may try to take Kangaroos over the Australian Alps like Hannibal Lecter did.
I see you have access to wiki. Most people think it was Ton-tons.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Does the idea seem impossible to you?

4 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant troops on the ground killing Russians and being killed by Russians.

Not advisors and trainers, but troops on the frontline.

Not unless Russia somehow pushes into a NATO country, and given that Russia is not even the best army in Ukraine, whatever limited forces they could muster to attack from Belarus or into the Baltic states would not survive past a day or two.

We are providing ammo, equipment, and targeting information, and that is enough.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not unless Russia somehow pushes into a NATO country, and given that Russia is not even the best army in Ukraine, whatever limited forces they could muster to attack from Belarus or into the Baltic states would not survive past a day or two.

We are providing ammo, equipment, and targeting information, and that is enough.

Just for giggles, does anyone know how many operational fighters and bombers that NATO could put in the air at one time?  I would not doubt that the US has been moving assets to bases nearer Ukraine.  And I guess if we have any carriers nearby that changes the equation markedly.  

Every time I see those assholes on Russian TV, announcing they are fighting all of NATO, I wish we could all agree not to use nukes and have those lying fuckers experience just one 24 hour day of NATO war for real’s.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Just for giggles, does anyone know how many operational fighters and bombers that NATO could put in the air at one time?  I would not doubt that the US has been moving assets to bases nearer Ukraine.  And I guess if we have any carriers nearby that changes the equation markedly.  

Every time I see those assholes on Russian TV, announcing they are fighting all of NATO, I wish we could all agree not to use nukes and have those lying fuckers experience just one 24 hour day of NATO war for real’s.

this is just the US (some are Africa based)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Air_Forces_in_Europe_–_Air_Forces_Africa#Operating_units_in_2023

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Nice. Well the Africa shit can hammer Wagner in the CAR and Mali. 

Its a nice thought.  If we fully declared Wagner a terrorist group I think they'd globally be fair game.  While we've declared them a criminal organization, it'd be nice if we went the full mile and designated them as a flag-less terrorist organization.  Then we could legally shit hammer them anywhere on the globe (including Ukraine, so long as no russian or civilians were anywhere near there).  But just seeing them get shit hammered everywhere else on the planet would be a good start.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Thought this was interesting and topic adjacent.
Life inside a T-64

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-soviet-designed-t64-tank-became-icon-of-ukrainian-resistance-2022-10?amp
This is a really great article I just found that gives far more information than I knew about how many tanks Ukraine had after 2014 - which varieties they had - and why they chose to have the ones in operation. It seems that Ukraine was the site of the former Soviet tank plants, so Ukraine had both the resources and expertise to upgrade a ton of T 64s.     It also seems that Ukraine’s T 64 tanks have some pretty decent upgraded optics, which is good to hear.
I found this nugget fascinating.
4FAAB9FF-A5BE-444C-85EA-C225E034B2A5.thumb.png.6a7a3c07f948fdef385806f15ed9671a.png

A 180 degree turret rotation in five seconds is mind-boggling to me.    If a Ukrainian T 64B and a much newer Soviet T-90 take notice of each other (barrel facing same way but parallel to each other) the Ukrainian tank can fire 5 to 9 seconds before the Russian can move his barrel into a firing position.   if the barrels were facing opposite ways, that gives the T-64B an 11 to 19 second acquisition and firing advantage.
My dad told me how one of the few advantages his Sherman had over better German tanks was that his barrel could traverse much quicker than the Germans in a closer firefight, and it saved him a few times. When dealing with a better tank with better armor you take whatever advantage you were given, and hope you weren’t seen first.
Anyway, tank nerd info is great. 
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Its a nice thought.  If we fully declared Wagner a terrorist group I think they'd globally be fair game.  While we've declared them a criminal organization, it'd be nice if we went the full mile and designated them as a flag-less terrorist organization.  Then we could legally shit hammer them anywhere on the globe (including Ukraine, so long as no russian or civilians were anywhere near there).  But just seeing them get shit hammered everywhere else on the planet would be a good start.  

And Wagner already fucked around and found out with less than 30 US Army Green Berets, Marines, and a couple of Air Force Combat Controllers, and it didn’t work out for Wagner.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Yep, our boys in Djibouti and Manda Bay have some serious fire power. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

We have over a thousand stealth fighters that have been operational for several years.  They have….. 11 stealth fighters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Margarita is so ugly. And yet, boobs. I want to bang her.

"Simonyan is always discouraging. That slick, untidy hair, always shaggy and untidy. This streaky, sweaty face. Those puffed out breasts, that cheap dress, that absolutely inferior colour, appropriate only for children's clothes, in a vulgar tightness of all rolls....the feeling from her is always that the day before she hung out in a budget club, then fell on the couch on a bender, and went to a state-level meeting in the morning without showering or redressing. Even as she tries to look ostensibly official. That ridiculous suit that categorically doesn't suit her, the poster green open microwave RT colour and....that playful combo...why??? What's the point???

http://kavkazplus.com/en/news.php?id=13565

DNHC- can you confirm that you only wanna bang her sweaty tits?  We worry about you.

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Jeebus man, that's like saying you wanted to bone Terry Schiavo 

13 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

In my high school Biology II class my lab group had to dissect a cat.  We named her Margarita.

11 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

http://kavkazplus.com/en/news.php?id=13565

DNHC- can you confirm that you only wanna bang her sweaty tits?  We worry about you.

Please don’t kink shame me, sirs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5