Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Why haven't those dipshits spent the last 30 years building pipelines to the east? 

Probably because Putin knew he couldn't blackmail China with energy like he thought he could Europe. Plus, you know Germany was encouraging that shit at every turn, for obvious reasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Probably because Putin knew he couldn't blackmail China with energy like he thought he could Europe. Plus, you know Germany was encouraging that shit at every turn, for obvious reasons. 

Careful. What Putin/Russia does to other countries besides Urkaine is a deletable offense apparently, because one of the mods will get his feelings hurt.

• Haha 1

It's probably not true, but I hope it is...

A Russian volunteer ordered $25,000 worth of sex toys instead of drones for Russian troops — InformNapalm. Ukrainian hackers from "Kyberopor" managed to hack the AliExpress account of Mykhailo Luchin and adjust the order for the funds collected by the volunteer. He is not able to cancel.

stg1t8sy6qra1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Why haven't those dipshits spent the last 30 years building pipelines to the east? 

Sometimes in these complicated geopolitical energy export cases you have to use Occam's Razor to sift through all the details to get to the truth....

It's because they are a bunch of dipshits.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Careful. What Putin/Russia does to other countries besides Urkaine is a deletable offense apparently, because one of the mods will get his feelings hurt.

You are 100% right.

I feel strongly that this thread is awesome and should stay on topic. When multiple people report a post for being off topic I feel I should remove them to keep the thread on topic.

And you know what?

Los Angeles Lakers on Twitter: "Max Christie Appreciation Tweet" / Twitter

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 minutes ago, blacklab said:

You are 100% right.

I feel strongly that this thread is awesome and should stay on topic. When multiple people report a post for being off topic I feel I should remove them to keep the thread on topic.

And you know what?

Okay. Let's be really fucking clear on the rules then. No posts about Georgia; none about Poland; nada on Belarus; nyet to Finland; and nothing on the Baltic republics. Also, fuck the US and the rest of the EU/NATO. Turkey? Eat shit.

Everybody hear that? blacklab will be consistent in his moderation and will delete all posts that reference to any and all of those countries. This is his promise and he really, really means it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Sometimes in these complicated geopolitical energy export cases you have to use Occam's Razor to sift through all the details to get to the truth....

It's because they are a bunch of dipshits.

@SydneyCarton had the right idea. Russia spent years trying to make themselves indispensable for Europe for political, not economic reasons. They wanted to blackmail and hold Europe hostage. China would just as soon freeze its citizens. 

Russia’s western energy policy vice Western neighbours dates back to the Cold War. It’s also a tacit admission that first, Russia views the West as more stable and prosperous (true) and second that Russia has conflicting attitudes about where it belongs (also true). They have basically bluffed themselves into pairing with China. 

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Okay. Let's be really fucking clear on the rules then. No posts about Georgia; none about Poland; nada on Belarus; nyet to Finland; and nothing on the Baltic republics. Also, fuck the US and the rest of the EU/NATO. Turkey? Eat shit.

Everybody hear that? blacklab will be consistent in his moderation and will delete all posts that reference to any and all of those countries. This is his promise and he really, really means it.

YARN | Well, I guess that's one way to go. | The Rock (1996) | Video clips  by quotes | b6fc1fda | 紗

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Viper said:

or maybe just keep the CR in the Cloak Room and don't make multipost tangents on Brexit to attack your CR enemies.

I didn't bring it up in the first place. Secondly, it is well-known and thoroughly documented that Russia has interfered with country-not-to-be-named, as well as other countries-not-to-be-named, domestic affairs. But since you bring up the topic, I guess I'll need to report your post for being off-topic. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

YARN | Well, I guess that's one way to go. | The Rock (1996) | Video clips  by quotes | b6fc1fda | 紗

Although Russia's widespread overt and covert actions against all of the West have been going on for at least a decade, @blacklab has made it clear that he wants to restrict the conversation in this thread to only be on the conflict in the Ukrainian theater. Otherwise, certain posters will get offended and will report them, necessitating the deletion of those subjects.

Nordstream: off-topic

Japanese oil imports: off-topic

Iranian drone imports: off-topic

Sanna Marin's hotness: off-topic

And I quote:

You are 100% right.

I feel strongly that this thread is awesome and should stay on topic. When multiple people report a post for being off topic I feel I should remove them to keep the thread on topic.

And you know what?

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Although Russia's widespread overt and covert actions against all of the West have been going on for at least a decade, @blacklab has made it clear that he wants to restrict the conversation in this thread to only be on the conflict in the Ukrainian theater. Otherwise, certain posters will get offended and will report them, necessitating the deletion of those subjects.

Nordstream: off-topic

Japanese oil imports: off-topic

And I quote:

YARN | Maybe you should stop talking for a while. Maybe take the next  couple of plays off. | Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004) | Video  gifs by quotes | 99e0dd79 | 紗

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, bolverk said:

woah woah woah....

at no point is her hotness off topic.  on any thread, at any time.   jeez man, this is surly.

if you dont like it, go make your own website.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

woah woah woah....

at no point is her hotness off topic.  on any thread, at any time.   jeez man, this is surly.

if you dont like it, go make your own website.

Tell that to blacklab. He stated he will delete any discussion that is not directly related to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you need to chill out over this, man. You're giving off some SpyStud vibes at the moment. And no one wants to be that guy. 

Yeah, I don't want to be SpyStud. That guy's a fucking creep. 

Take it up with blacklab. He's the one who decided to delete a brief 5-6 post sideline discussion of Russia's wider war on the West, including a certain island nation, because it hurt certain posters' feelings. We are in agreement that the war in Ukraine is a wider effort by Putin on western democracies, yes? Because that has consistently been a major point of discussion in this thread and is the primary rationale for our (the US) support for Ukraine.

blacklab laid down the law that we're not allowed to discuss how Russia has fucked with other countries' domestic affairs and will delete those posts. He emphatically stated:

• Fuck You 2

@956 Worldwide or anybody else familiar with the region - who do you think is the target audience of Russian state media at this point, when they go on their rants about Ukraine and try to make it literally biblical or are talking about sacrifice?  They know people in the West see these shows (Julia Davis has been sanctioned by Russia, and they've directly commented during these shows that they know the West will see them).  They know most young people are tuned into streaming or social media (if they want to see stuff about Ukraine) rather than watching this stuff.

Some of the stuff was probably meant for Western consumption (like the mention of nuking NATO members for supporting UKraine), but Julia Davis has said in the past it's mostly the olds/rurals who are still mostly watching TV the old-fashioned way, unless there is some major announcement that everybody knows about (Putin giving a speech, etc.).  Here we are on day 400 something of the 3-day war, and I'd imagine the olds/rurals would get tired of this at some point.  Yeah, there are highlight reels of Russian troops doing stuff in Ukraine (Davis shies away from showing the more violent stuff in her highlights, trying to stay away from things that could get her videos delisted or demonitized or whatever), but it's not much and if your kid is fighting for Russia in Ukraine, you're probably seeing videos of him that he's texted/messaged. It's usually just these people sitting around spouting off about new ways that Ukraine is horrible or what Russia is going to do, but not actual specifics.

Putin can't be the audience of one, because these are his people (Margarita reports directly to him, and a few others don't have many people between them and Putin's office, or they are Duma members) and they have to clear this stuff with his underlings, so it's not some rogue Duma member trying to get through to Putin.  Those of us who are men (and women) because we are in our 40s, probably remember the Politburo from our youth when it was still the Soviet Union, and if you look back, there are times where Soviet state media would put stuff out directly for the Politburo's consumption (kind of a message from the Premier), but today's Duma members are all very active on social media for the most part (or their interns are), and if Putin wanted to send them a message, he'd probably just have somebody personally deliver it.

It's interesting - I've followed Davis and a few others (Dmitri/War Translated), and I'm going to do a deep dive sometime on Soviet coverage of Afghanistan, but my impression is that they kept that a lot more of Afghanistan on the down low, but they can't do that in 2022-2023 with Ukraine because social media means stuff gets out.

Maybe it's a lot more simple and is just Russian state media trying to stay ahead of Russian social media in Ukraine, or trying to be so outlandish when it comes to Ukraine that it diminishes some of the social media stuff that leaks out (something bad out of Ukraine gets passed around on Russian social media, Russian state TV hosts start talking about rivers of fire in Ukraine, etc. and how the Motherland must be ready for sacrifice).

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dimyh said:

Looking ahead to a separate thread for @Brisketexan plan to invade Finland, I mean Marin, for all the lulz. We will see if he can outdo Putin's offensive and conquer more territory. My guess is that both will become two of the most sanctioned men on the planet. 

jack nicholson smile GIF

If we're going with that metaphor, Putin shouldn't have invaded Ukraine at all.  He should have used his considerable charm and sense of humor to seduce Ukraine into joining him for a threesome with Belarus.

This metaphor may be getting a bit strained, but work with me here.

• Haha 3

By the way, Julia Davis is white.  I had sent a clip to somebody and they were shocked.  I guess her profile pic makes her look different.

Speaking of Dmitri/WarTranslated earlier, this is one of the people being blamed by Russian security

And he's very famliar with Tatarsky and has been covering his actions in Ukraine:

A lot of people aren't really familiar with Tatarskiy.

Unfortunately, I know quite a bit about him since I've been following his channel for a while now. But a quick rundown of what he was doing during the war:

• - Participated in the Donbas war since 2014.
  • - A criminal, was in prison for bank robbery.
  • - A self-proclaimed "writer" (I haven't read anything).
  • - Since Feb 2022, been on and off in the Donbas, often traveling back to Russia.
  • - Definitely felt very comfortable in the war.
  • - Had a sizeable TG following, was posting "Evening Vladlen" summaries to his channel every night, in addition to opinions and suggestions.
  • - Close associate with a number of Rascists, including RSOTM admin (Wagner group). He was indeed very close with Wagner.
  • - In recent months, began hosting an irregular show on Solovyev's channel together with the creator of Rybar.
  • - Essentially, he was a minor superstar in the z-world, everyone knows him.

While his death may not trigger a physical response, it will have a massive effect on the Russians. It already does.

--------------------

Dude was a real shithead and pumped a lot of sunshine about the invasion of Ukraine, going back to 2014.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Remembered this post from "Vladlen" about a month ago.

Pictured is him at a gas station in Donbas, sipping coffee. He calls it a "war, luxury style".

This is the type of person, a bank robber, who only meant anything because of the war.

Without the war, a nobody, a convict.

While innocent Ukrainians are being shelled, for him, this is luxury.

Here's the full description of what he said: "The philosophy of "war, luxury style" implies that war is not a temporary event, but a way of life. You understand this especially in the Donbas, where you are now in danger everywhere. The concept of "luxury war" was developed by RSOTM-ACADEMY scientists [Wagner joke], if you are going to fight for more than one year, you need to:

• - Have close friends.
  • - Create the most comfortable working conditions for yourself.
  • - Do not drink and do not treat stress with alcohol.
  • - Be sure to relax and please yourself with some pleasant little things at the first opportunity.
  • - Become useful so that you are not sent to the very hell at the first opportunity. They say mobilization is coming soon, so remember the rules..."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@956 Worldwide or anybody else familiar with the region - who do you think is the target audience of Russian state media at this point, when they go on their rants about Ukraine and try to make it literally biblical or are talking about sacrifice? 

mostly the olds/rurals who are still mostly watching TV the old-fashioned way

I think you've probably answered you're own question with this. Recall who is sending their children to Ukraine. It's not the Muscovites or whatever the demonym is for people from St. Petersburg. They're the common clay of the Old East(?) and are likely easily swayed by biblical arguments. If hecan keep those people on board while sending their kids to the front while not sacrificing the kids from the two major metros, the propagandists are doing their jobs.

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I think you've probably answered you're own question with this. Recall who is sending their children to Ukraine. It's not the Muscovites or whatever the demonym is for people from St. Petersburg. They're the common clay of the Old East(?) and are likely easily swayed by biblical arguments. If hecan keep those people on board while sending their kids to the front while not sacrificing the kids from the two major metros, the propagandists are doing their jobs.

Guess it could be that, but it seems after 400+ days that the message would wear thin with those people.  I also kind of think that they get into "rivers of blood or fire" talk to get ahead of stuff the olds may see on social media or are told by their kids.  Everybody here in the West and a lot of the younger Russians on Russian social media know that some major counter-offensive(s) is coming, and they could be prepping the population for crazy shit.

If you're old/rural and most of what you see is coming out of Russian state TV, and then you get a video from somebody was was in Ukraine, it'd probably shock the hell out of you and make you wonder.  Then you flip it on state TV and they are talking about how this is all to defend the Motherland.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1