Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

This makes no sense to me. Of course the online correspondence of the commander of his top paramilitary unit reaches him. I'm not sure why you would think that wasn't the case.

Because Prigozhin would be dead.  He's directly trashed Russian leadership and the Russian military, and blamed them for deliberately killing Russians.  Putin sees what his underlings pass up to him - he doesn't use the internet himself (doesn't trust it).

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Mullet Free said:

This makes no sense to me. Of course the online correspondence of the commander of his top paramilitary unit reaches him. I'm not sure why you would think that wasn't the case.

Of course it doesn't make sense to you, GRUHorn. Lets say, people think it is the case, because every single intelligence report for the past 2 years on the subject lays out that Putin only gets good news from subordinates, because he shoots the messengers. Think...3 Day War. Ukrainians will welcome Russian soldiers with open arms, the 2014 annexation and results notwithstanding. He doesn't use the internet, he doesn't really use his own cell phone. He insists on paper reports. And he's made misstep after misstep after misstep.  Obviously he's well informed! That's why he tells you to push Crypto!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Of course it doesn't make sense to you, GRUHorn. Lets say, people think it is the case, because every single intelligence report for the past 2 years on the subject lays out that Putin only gets good news from subordinates, because he shoots the messengers. Think...3 Day War. Ukrainians will welcome Russian soldiers with open arms, the 2014 annexation and results notwithstanding. He doesn't use the internet, he doesn't really use his own cell phone. He insists on paper reports. And he's made misstep after misstep after misstep.  Obviously he's well informed! That's why he tells you to push Crypto!

You don't think Shoigu is going to inform Putin about Prigozin's rants?

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Storm Shadow is air-launched. Ben Wallace says they are already in Ukraine and so assuming they’ve figured out how to integrate them onto AFU MiGs. ATACMS would still be pretty fucking nice. 

IIRC the Brits said the holdup was that the integration was what they had to figure out before sending and then announcing so I'd assume they have figured it out.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, texastough said:

It sounds like a great idea to get Prigozhin out of the way, right up until VVP asks “tell me, Seryozh. Is what he’s saying true?” 

Strong 1930s vibes at this point where everyone figured out that even passing “good” news to Stalin just gets him thinking about you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

It sounds like a great idea to get Prigozhin out of the way, right up until VVP asks “tell me, Seryozh. Is what he’s saying true?” 

Strong 1930s vibes at this point where everyone figured out that even passing “good” news to Stalin just gets him thinking about you. 

Fair but I guarantee he has FSB and other intel reporting on the military (and on eachother and everyone else for that matter). I am skeptical that Putin is truly in the dark about this stuff.

2 hours ago, BamaATL said:

More on the storm shadow cruise missiles being in play, which apparently they are.    

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/britain-supplied-ukraine-with-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-cnn/

According to this, they are already in play.  Tech below:  Designed for precision strikes on stationary targets well behind enemy lines with a sophisticated warhead design.  

They gonna be allowed to strike targets inside Russia?

17 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

The Storm Shadow is air-launched. Ben Wallace says they are already in Ukraine and so assuming they’ve figured out how to integrate them onto AFU MiGs. ATACMS would still be pretty fucking nice. 

It is actually in the video that was posted. The Czech Republic modifies Mig-29s to launch them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

or just hit the locomotive and stop the train and block the tracks.

I've linked them before, but this YouTube channel of DCS Combat Sim folks have put out a LOAD of videos about the Ukraine War that were later proved out to be possible IRL! Including using Storm Shadow to hit the Kerch bridge. 

There's a whole-ass playlist of the Ukraine conflict and it's been surprisingly on-point predictions and analysis after literally flying the mission themselves

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Relevant because Turkey. Erdogan is in serious trouble. Also, one of the opposition candidates dropped out which increases the possibility that Kilicdaroglu could get 50% and avoid a runoff:

Reading wiki, it seems like Mr. Killidaraku is a cool guy.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

1 hour ago, texastough said:

Fair but I guarantee he has FSB and other intel reporting on the military (and on eachother and everyone else for that matter). I am skeptical that Putin is truly in the dark about this stuff.

I saw a report recently about Ukrainians attempting to give Russia their soldiers' dead bodies so they could be properly identified and buried. They told them they had thousands of them in specific locations and could use the Red Cross to help facilitate the transfer. The Russians (don't know at what level) declined because it was impossible to them that there would be that many dead. They said there were only dozens dead based on their records from those locations. 

It further speaks to how their system can create a rot that spreads quickly up and down the chain of command, which is then compounded by misinformation that they themselves start to believe. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BamaATL said:

More on the storm shadow cruise missiles being in play, which apparently they are.    

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/britain-supplied-ukraine-with-storm-shadow-cruise-missiles-cnn/

According to this, they are already in play.  Tech below:  Designed for precision strikes on stationary targets well behind enemy lines with a sophisticated warhead design.  

10 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^Yessss...Moore!

Interesting note in the CNN article:

A Western official told CNN that the UK has received assurances from the Ukrainian government that these missiles will be used only within Ukrainian sovereign territory and not inside Russia

I guess there might be a Ukrainian side of the bridge they can hit? It also removes the possibility of hitting most of the airfields mapped here:

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

I saw a report recently about Ukrainians attempting to give Russia their soldiers' dead bodies so they could be properly identified and buried. They told them they had thousands of them in specific locations and could use the Red Cross to help facilitate the transfer. The Russians (don't know at what level) declined because it was impossible to them that there would be that many dead. They said there were only dozens dead based on their records from those locations. 

It further speaks to how their system can create a rot that spreads quickly up and down the chain of command, which is then compounded by misinformation that they themselves start to believe. 

The other part of this is that a dead Russian soldier's family is suppose to receive a certain payout.  No body, no proof, no payout.  Ignorance is financial bliss.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Alternate response:

”A mouth is a mouth, especially in war.”

- Sun Tzu

Is this real? It’s not a gif… so it could be fake…..but this is the internet so….

Edited by Dnaguy

On 5/10/2023 at 9:46 AM, SydneyCarton said:

Japan may not be able to be in NATO, although I'm sure we could amend the charter somehow. At the same time, I'm sure NATO could unilaterally sign some form of wholesale treaty with Japan/Australia/South Korea that makes it basically the same thing. Might as well get to work on the problems in the Pacific as well, right?

Isn't that basically what SEATO was?

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, texastough said:

You're focusing on one specific thing. The other poster implied that of course Putin is extremely well informed. In all things. Because of course he must be, despite years or proof otherwise for all to see. This isn't the same as some underling power struggle and one whispering shit in Putin's ears. 

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

Interesting note in the CNN article:

A Western official told CNN that the UK has received assurances from the Ukrainian government that these missiles will be used only within Ukrainian sovereign territory and not inside Russia

I guess there might be a Ukrainian side of the bridge they can hit? It also removes the possibility of hitting most of the airfields mapped here:

Crimea is Ukraine. So yeah. 

• Hook 'Em 7