Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

I don't buy it, because Putin having a heart attack, would imply that he has a heart to even attack. I don't think that's the case.

It's also 12 hours old, without it being picked up anywhere else.  Plus, even though I am sure he does use doubles, I'd find it difficult to believe he sent a double on a state visit in his stead.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.  You KNOW the promises of massive penis enlargement are a scam, why do you keep biting on it?

Reminds me of a local sports talk radio ad around here that makes me laugh every time I hear it

"When it's not hard, it's real hard."  - Said by the urologist doing the ads, and it sounds very much like he is about to cry when he says it.  I'm not making light of anyone suffering that plight, but the delivery ain't great.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

^Why you shouldn't ride on top of IFVs.

It makes sense if you think the BMPs/BTRs are death traps, and if they had a habit of hitting mines (say Afghanistan in the 80s) or IEDs later on (Chechnya in the 90s) or if there just aren't enough vehicles to move infantry around.

In the age of drones, not so much.

33 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yea, that site looks like pure shit.  Lead stories are taylor swift and ariana grande shit

Those two things are extremely important to a lot of Americans.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 7:44 PM, BamaATL said:

They are M74 bomblets, which are the size of baseballs, and they each have fragmentation and incendiary materials in them.  What the frag is I don't know.  

Here's a fun clip, unless you are Russian, in which case its shit your pants nightmare sort of stuff.  You can see the baseballs, or bomblets release.  

fuck yeah GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Perry.Rick_.jpg

"Learned this technique at Fish Camp.  We were having a few brewskis and an older fella pulled me aside and said 'Rick, you're gonna need to learn this technique if you're gonna be a yell leader.  Those all whites are a privilege and if you're gonna wear 'em, you gotta do them proud.'  Sounded good to me so I learned to do that a lot over the next 4 years.  Best 4 years of my life!  Gig 'em!"

-Rick Perry, possibly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Von Clausewitz said:

Yeah Russia is now on the brink of controlling part of the train tracks to avdiivka. if I’m Ukraine I may be withdrawing from avdiivka and dumping mines everywhere.

putin getting thousands of his men killed so he has a symbolic talking point for his symbolic re-election campaign is so on brand. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, B00M said:

putin getting thousands of his men killed so he has a symbolic talking point for his symbolic re-election campaign is so on brand. 

It's fucking insane.  Last time he did this with Bakhmut, and it ended up completely destroying some Russian units (and arguably cost him Wagner, which was his most effective unit, even if it was a PMC) and it opened the door for Ukraine to push elsewhere.

Same thing with Avdiivka - I get that Russia maybe trying to prevent Ukraine from retaking Donetsk, but you have Ukrainians who are getting in position (and wiping out Russian close-air support helicopters with ATACMS) to take Melitopol, and what good are the train tracks in Avdiivka if Ukraine takes Melitopol and completely cuts the land route to Crimea? Because then all it takes is a few cruise missiles into the Kerch bridge, and no more heavy resupply of Crimea.

But it's Putin and he's shown himself to be nuts.  

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

What the hell would this look like? 

JERUSALEM, Oct 24 (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron proposed on Tuesday that an international coalition fighting against Islamic State in Iraq and Syria be widened to include the fight against the Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza.

Macron gave no detail on how the U.S.-led coalition of dozens of countries, of which Israel is not a member, could be involved.

Speaking alongside Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem, Macron stressed that France and Israel shared terrorism as their "common enemy".

https://www.reuters.com/world/frances-macron-says-he-stands-solidarity-with-israels-fight-against-terrorism-2023-10-24/

It would look like a mongolian clusterfuck inside a dumpster fire in the middle of a shitshow.

France's curious appetite for military adventurism at times is just f'n weird. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Did the Chinese shipping vessel drag its anchor or did it “lose” containers at an extremely coincidental time? Initial reporting was that it slowed down as it traveled over this pipeline/link. 

and do we respond by destroying Chinese infrastructure or do we just look the other way and guarantee more of this bullshit?

Edited by B00M

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's fucking insane.  Last time he did this with Bakhmut, and it ended up completely destroying some Russian units (and arguably cost him Wagner, which was his most effective unit, even if it was a PMC) and it opened the door for Ukraine to push elsewhere.

Same thing with Avdiivka - I get that Russia maybe trying to prevent Ukraine from retaking Donetsk, but you have Ukrainians who are getting in position (and wiping out Russian close-air support helicopters with ATACMS) to take Melitopol, and what good are the train tracks in Avdiivka if Ukraine takes Melitopol and completely cuts the land route to Crimea? Because then all it takes is a few cruise missiles into the Kerch bridge, and no more heavy resupply of Crimea.

But it's Putin and he's shown himself to be nuts.  

Where are you getting that Ukraine is getting in position to take Melitopol? Aren't there multiple lines of defense and towns like Tokmak between Melitopol and their current position?

• Fuck You 1

The Russians set up their rags on a field near Avdiivka. But they have already been destroyed.

Terikon is currently in a gray area. The occupiers control the approaches to it, but cannot gain a foothold. As soon as they try, they die.
But they put their flags there.

Not for long. The Shadow unit took them down with a drone.
Let them climb again. And they will die.
Also from drones.

^A little side note, this is mostly crushed metal and glass, so it's extremely, hazardous to breathe in. So you can't really "occupy it" by digging trenches in it unless you want a repeat of the Chernobyl trenches.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 3

The Russians set up their rags on a field near Avdiivka. But they have already been destroyed.
Terikon is currently in a gray area. The occupiers control the approaches to it, but cannot gain a foothold. As soon as they try, they die.
But they put their flags there.
Not for long. The Shadow unit took them down with a drone.
Let them climb again. And they will die.
Also from drones.

^A little side note, this is mostly crushed metal and glass, so it's extremely, hazardous to breathe in. So you can't really "occupy it" by digging trenches in it unless you want a repeat of the Chernobyl trenches.

But I do.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Germany's announced package:

€1 billion package:
— 1 Patriot battery (8 launchers + ~ 60 missiles)
— 1 IRIS-T SLM battery (already announced months prior)
— IRIS-T SLS launcher(s) (already announced in May)
— 3 Gepard SPAAGs (already delivered – announced months prior)

€400 million package:
— 30,000 shells 155mm
— ~ 3,800 shells DM125 (smoke) 155mm (already delivered)
— 105,000 shells for 120mm (different versions)
— 480 M26 (AT2) missiles
— 200 MRAPs
— Mine clearance systems
— Pionierpanzer 2A1 Dachs AEV (not sure)
— Bergepanzer 2 or 3 ARV (not sure)
— 50 Unmanned surface vessels
— Winter Clothing
— Power and heat generators
— Spare parts packages for already delivered systems
— Material for explosive ordnance disposal

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Von Clausewitz said:

Where are you getting that Ukraine is getting in position to take Melitopol? Aren't there multiple lines of defense and towns like Tokmak between Melitopol and their current position?

Crispy or GRU or whoever, sorry I didn't explain it for you, I'll go slow:  I don' mean they are going to take it in the next few weeks, but Melitopol has always been a major goal of their's - you can see that from looking at a map, but it's a major resupply hub for Russia to Crimea (the last major land-based one) and up to the power plant and Ukraine has been methodically working their way down that direction.

Destroying or removing from action the airfield at Berdyansk was a huge fucking deal, as that removes the potential for Melitopol and the railways/roads running through it to receive close-air-support in the form of Russian attack helicopters from Berdyanks.

If the Russians tie up a massive amount of men and materials/vehicles at Avdiivka, then that means they won't be able to quickly move them down towards the area between Mariupol and Melitopol. and then it's ripe for the picking - keep an eye on Tokamak and the towns around

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1