Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

On 12/6/2023 at 8:04 AM, Trey3216 said:

Shell capacity???  We don't use fucking shells anymore.  We have these things called F/A 22's and 35's that take all that shit out from the sky.  We have ships that will launch Tomahawks until the battlefield we want presents itself.  We have been building drones for decades.  You may have heard of some of them.  We have also been building fleets of smaller drones that will make what Russia and Ukraine are currently using look like fucking puppynuts.  

We don't fight wars like Russia does.  They would have had to quit already if they were fighting us because we would have flattened their capability to do anything but hide in the apartment buildings that no longer exist since they leveled them.   

Completely idiotic post.  

I suggest you double check your information. One of the tweets that idiot posted said this:

"nobody can beat Russia in a war by themselves, except the US, possibly." 

Possibly us, but nobody else. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/5/2023 at 5:53 PM, Ken Griffey Jr said:

Again, I didn’t mean as far as manpower, although they appear to have more than Ukraine. They’re battle tested as they’ve had to adapt to this new kind of warfare. We’re seeing the increased number of drones, newer EW systems deployed. They’ve increased missile and shell production.  

What EW capabilities do we have? What drone production capacity? I have no doubt that we can build higher tech, more expensive drones. But this conflict seems to be more about mass production than anything else. It’s shocking to me that we can’t match their artillery shell production anytime soon. The hollowing out of our industrial capacity is a big problem, especially if (when?) we end up in multiple conflicts. Our country is awfully complacent, and this thread is a microcosm of that imo. 

oh, it’s succeeded, but their plan was the Russian would scurry and they didn’t. Now they’re using small craft to bring over everything with sometimes not enough drinking water on the left side. Unless something changes it will be much ado about nothing.

The calls that something big is about to happen is very reminiscent of the summer counteroffensive. 

image.gif.a359d635069cf0d74858fe430ea45562.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

@cactusflinthead holy shit

Ukrainian sniper Viacheslav Kovalskyi broke the world record by hitting the Russian occupier at a distance of 3800 meters (almost 2½ miles) - Wall Street Journal.

Viacheslav Kovalskyi, a 58-year-old former businessman and now a sniper with the counterintelligence unit of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), made his shot shortly before dawn on November 18.

Together with his partner, who calculated the distance, wind speed, and other parameters, he set up a position on the opposite bank of the Dnipro River in Kherson region from the Russian military.

After deciding to shoot, Viacheslav’s partner started measuring the distance to the soldiers. He calculated the parameters of the shot, air humidity and temperature, which affected the speed of the bullet.

The bullet took around nine seconds to reach its target.

Kovalskyi and Ukraine say the shot set a new sniping distance record, breaking the previously acknowledged mark by more than 260 meters (850 feet). The full artice is here: 

https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/ukrainian-sniper-breaks-cover-to-claim-world-record-hit-of-more-than-2-miles-2b1c820e

?width=2000&size=1.9493177387914

• Hook 'Em 5

Hey guys, guess what?  Putin is running for re-election next year

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/08/europe/putin-president-election-2024-intl/index.html

Vladimir Putin says he will run for president again in Russia’s elections in March 2024, in a move that could see him retain power until at least 2030.

Putin made the announcement Friday after a ceremony at the Kremlin, the official residence of the Russian president. Putin will bid for his fifth presidential term at the elections, set to take place on March 17, 2024, as he aims to solidify his continuous hold on power as head of state or prime minister for more than two decades.

The upcoming elections will also mark the first time that residents of the occupied Ukrainian regions of Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhia and Kherson, annexed by Russia during the conflict, will participate in the presidential elections. The international community previously condemned local elections in these regions, organized by Russian-backed officials, as a sham.

The Kremlin has not yet released an official statement on Putin’s candidacy.

Putin became acting prime minister of Russia in August 1999, before unexpectedly being handed the presidency by then-President Boris Yeltsin on New Year’s Eve of that year.

He served two four-year terms as president before stepping aside in 2008, as he was not constitutionally permitted to run for another presidential term. He endorsed Dmitry Medvedev, who replaced him as president, while Putin took the role of prime minister for a second time.

But guys, Putin is not a dictator and he doesn't dream of the Soviet Union or admire Stalin or anything.

But he regained the presidency in 2012 and has not relinquished his grip on power since. After winning re-election in 2018, Putin then signed a law in 2021 which paved the way for him to run for two more six-year terms.

The changes to the law means that Putin, 71, could potentially extend his rule until 2036, by which time he will be in his mid-80s and his rule will be well into its third decade.

Putin is expected to face no more than token opposition in March. Under his authoritarian rule, opposition politicians have met similar fates: Exile, imprisonment or death in suspicious circumstances.

Earlier this month, Russia announced it would increase its number of troops by 170,000, continuing to draw on its population as its invasion of Ukraine enters its 22nd month.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Pretty intense

Very. And notice they did not leave the dude to die or be captured.

Would be cool if we could adopt a medic. I have already sent over my extra gear but damn they need more. Simple shit. Good tourniquets, scissors, bandages. We all like to talk about F-16's, but for the infantry and medics they don't need a lot, but they need. We got any money left over in the wreath fund?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Very. And notice they did not leave the dude to die or be captured.

Would be cool if we could adopt a medic. I have already sent over my extra gear but damn they need more. Simple shit. Good tourniquets, scissors, bandages. We all like to talk about F-16's, but for the infantry and medics they don't need a lot, but they need. We got any money left over in the wreath fund?

IN.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You all want me to find one? I know a few groups and so does [mention=2036]MissingInAction[/mention] due to our pissing off Russians on twitter. Even a box of good tourniquets (NEVER BUY CHEAP ONES) and bandages is useful. Or a Surly donation to United24 and we can list what we want it to go to. Standing by. in for 3.50. 

I’m in.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1