Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Turkey building a drone factory in Ukraine seems like a big dick move. That suggests they either have a ton of confidence in Ukrainian air defenses or they simply welcome the escalation of Russia targeting it.

Pull Up Oh Yeah GIF by For(bes) The Culture

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, PTINS said:

From the size of the explosion, damn!!!

This looks like it might have been the final assembly located out side of town, or maybe the town isn't there anymore..

A 250+ year old facility that produces ICBMs, oil and gas equipment, refrigeration equipment, metal-cutting equipment, castings, forgings, stampings and domestic electric appliances. 

Its about 900 miles NE of Kharkiv, maybe 400 miles deeper into Russia than any other targets?

Perhaps another smoking accident?

From Wiki:  Votkinsk Plant, Izhevsk, Russia

JSC Votkinsk Machine Building Plant was a machine and ballistic missile production enterprise based in Votkinsk, Republic of Udmurtia, Russia. Its production included the RS-24 Yars intercontinental ballistic missile, Russia's most recent ICBM development, as well as the submarine-launched Bulava SLBM.

The company has two separate facilities: a final assembly plant located some 12 kilometers outside of Votkinsk where missiles are assembled, and the main plant, located in downtown Votkinsk, where missile components as well as civil and consumer goods are produced.

The plant from its foundation until 1917
During the mid-18th century, there arose a need for ironworks due to the depletion of forests around the existing mining operations in the Urals. This led to increased costs in transporting firewood from far-off areas, putting a strain on production expenses. To combat this issue, it was determined that the most practical solution would be to move the production facilities to regions with plentiful forests. As a result, the Izhevsk ironworks was founded between the years 1760 and 1763 with the sole aim of addressing this particular concern.

The plants went on to manufacture anchors, railway equipment, ships, drilling machines, gold mine tractors, and various military equipment. Notably, starting in 1773, under the directive of Catherine the Great, the factory commenced the production of steel anchors for national military shipbuilding. Furthermore, during the initial half of the 19th century, the plant accounted for no less than 62% of the total anchor output in Russia.

Missile production (from 1957 to the present time)
In 1957, by the resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR and the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the enterprise was converted into the country's primary producer of ballistic missiles for the Soviet Armed Forces.

In 1958, the plant delivered the first short-range attack missiles 8A61 developed by the Design Bureau-1 with a liquid-fueled engine and with a range of 150 km, adopted in July 1955.

In 1962, by resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR and the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the Votkinsk Machine Building Plant started to master the production of more powerful tactical missiles 9M76, being a part of the mobile theatre ballistic missile TR-1 Temp. The first serial missile systems rolled out of the plant in 1966.

In 1974, the plant began to produce intercontinental missiles 15ZH42 for the mobile intercontinental ballistic missile complex SS-16 Sinner, in 1975 - the intermediate-range ballistic missiles 15ZH45 for the complex SS-20 Saber, in 1976 - the short-range attack missiles 9M714 for the complex OTR-23 Oka, and in 1989 - the tactical missiles 9M79-1 fot[clarification needed] the complex OTR-21 Tochka.

In 1998, the plant launched the production of one of the most recent intercontinental ballistic missiles 'RT-2PM2 Topol-M'.

In 2006, the plant started mass production of the missiles '9K720 Iskander' (its NATO reporting name is SS-26 Stone).

The company also manufactures oil and gas equipment, refrigeration equipment, metal-cutting equipment, castings, forgings, stampings and domestic electric appliances.

In February 2024, a large explosion occurred at the testing facility of the plant.

This deserves a satellite image before/after

Survives hundreds of years of service to mother Russia, 2 world wars, 2+ revolutions… but one tiny little special military operation…

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, PTINS said:

From the size of the explosion, damn!!!

This looks like it might have been the final assembly located out side of town, or maybe the town isn't there anymore..

A 250+ year old facility that produces ICBMs, oil and gas equipment, refrigeration equipment, metal-cutting equipment, castings, forgings, stampings and domestic electric appliances. 

Its about 900 miles NE of Kharkiv, maybe 400 miles deeper into Russia than any other targets?

Perhaps another smoking accident?

From Wiki:  Votkinsk Plant, Izhevsk, Russia

JSC Votkinsk Machine Building Plant was a machine and ballistic missile production enterprise based in Votkinsk, Republic of Udmurtia, Russia. Its production included the RS-24 Yars intercontinental ballistic missile, Russia's most recent ICBM development, as well as the submarine-launched Bulava SLBM.

The company has two separate facilities: a final assembly plant located some 12 kilometers outside of Votkinsk where missiles are assembled, and the main plant, located in downtown Votkinsk, where missile components as well as civil and consumer goods are produced.

The plant from its foundation until 1917
During the mid-18th century, there arose a need for ironworks due to the depletion of forests around the existing mining operations in the Urals. This led to increased costs in transporting firewood from far-off areas, putting a strain on production expenses. To combat this issue, it was determined that the most practical solution would be to move the production facilities to regions with plentiful forests. As a result, the Izhevsk ironworks was founded between the years 1760 and 1763 with the sole aim of addressing this particular concern.

The plants went on to manufacture anchors, railway equipment, ships, drilling machines, gold mine tractors, and various military equipment. Notably, starting in 1773, under the directive of Catherine the Great, the factory commenced the production of steel anchors for national military shipbuilding. Furthermore, during the initial half of the 19th century, the plant accounted for no less than 62% of the total anchor output in Russia.

Missile production (from 1957 to the present time)
In 1957, by the resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR and the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the enterprise was converted into the country's primary producer of ballistic missiles for the Soviet Armed Forces.

In 1958, the plant delivered the first short-range attack missiles 8A61 developed by the Design Bureau-1 with a liquid-fueled engine and with a range of 150 km, adopted in July 1955.

In 1962, by resolution of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the USSR and the Council of Ministers of the USSR, the Votkinsk Machine Building Plant started to master the production of more powerful tactical missiles 9M76, being a part of the mobile theatre ballistic missile TR-1 Temp. The first serial missile systems rolled out of the plant in 1966.

In 1974, the plant began to produce intercontinental missiles 15ZH42 for the mobile intercontinental ballistic missile complex SS-16 Sinner, in 1975 - the intermediate-range ballistic missiles 15ZH45 for the complex SS-20 Saber, in 1976 - the short-range attack missiles 9M714 for the complex OTR-23 Oka, and in 1989 - the tactical missiles 9M79-1 fot[clarification needed] the complex OTR-21 Tochka.

In 1998, the plant launched the production of one of the most recent intercontinental ballistic missiles 'RT-2PM2 Topol-M'.

In 2006, the plant started mass production of the missiles '9K720 Iskander' (its NATO reporting name is SS-26 Stone).

The company also manufactures oil and gas equipment, refrigeration equipment, metal-cutting equipment, castings, forgings, stampings and domestic electric appliances.

In February 2024, a large explosion occurred at the testing facility of the plant.

YOU'RE DESTORYING HISTORY! 

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.f864f53f443e148fd344c1dddcec8c79.png

The video was dated January 30. The battle lasted nearly 2 ½ hours, said the Beluga Telegram channel in Ukraine, per the Mail Online.

The apparent victory against the armored column matters because Ukraine increasingly sees relatively inexpensive drone technology as a way of leveling Russia's battlefield advantage.

Valerii Zaluzhnyi, the commander in chief of Ukraine's armed forces, wrote on Thursday for CNN News that the nature of war had changed thanks to advances in technical innovations.

He highlighted the key role that unmanned weapons systems, such as drones, play in helping Ukraine against Putin's forces despite Russia's significant manpower and weapon superiority.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I don't see this as a positive development.  Political strategies taking the front seat rarely works out, militarily.

Following a military strategy to the exclusion of political considerations doesn't work out, either.  See, e.g., Germany 1918.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F250 said:

The reaction to Zaluzhnyi's replacement sounds like what would be our reaction to Sark hiring Greg Davis as OC.

I heard he was the one that led the liberation of Kharkiv so it’s not like he’s useless. All we can do is continue to donate for drones and trucks and shit while the US gubment slams its collective dick in the drawer over and over

Edited by B00M
  • Rage+1 5

2 minutes ago, B00M said:

I heard he was the one that led the liberation of Kharkiv so it’s not like he’s useless. All we can do is continue to donate for drones and trucks and shit while the US gubment slams its collective dick in the drawer over and over

The biggest thing that led to the success in Kharkiv was the Russians being overextended and not having well prepared defenses. Sirovikin insured the Russians didn't do the same when Ukraine was preparing the counter offensive in the south. The west taking forever to send enough tanks and AFVs gave the Russians ample time to prepare.

• Rage+1 3

Anyone else skim the interview with Putin on Twitter?  I figured out who he reminds me of. The villain in Ghostbusters 2 that returns from the dead with 1000’s of years of gripes and complaints. He squirmed on the WSJ hostage issue way more than Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

“I will tell you what we are saying on this matter and what we are conveying to the US leadership,” Putin said. “If you really want to stop fighting, you need to stop supplying weapons. It will be over within a few weeks, that’s it, and then we can agree on some terms. Before you do that, stop.”

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/9/in-tucker-carlson-interview-putin-says-russia-cant-be-defeated-in-ukraine

fucking dark

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

I skipped the first 30 minutes because I'm told it's a rant about history, with some MAJOR inaccuracies.  The rest has merit.  You see into his mind, and also how he's trying to manipulate the West.

ETA

I hope that's not too CR.

I'm 60 minutes in, and it's very telling.  What he's said so far I think he actually believes.  "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Carlson is not a good interviewer but so far he hasn't come across as a boot licker.  Not so far anyway.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Parliament said:

I'm 60 minutes in, and it's very telling.  What he's said so far I think he actually believes.  "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Carlson is not a good interviewer but so far he hasn't come across as a boot licker.  Not so far anyway.

Lol

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

the insanity of Putin and the dunking thereon continue 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

If the US is unable to get its act together to supply weapons now, then should the administration change at the beginning of next year, it will be that much worse.

NATO allies absolutely will need to fill the void, even at the expense of their own defense if they want to draw the line in the sand in Ukraine.

If Putin is not stopped, Western Europe will be flooded with many millions more Ukrainian refugees as well. And if we don’t help them more, we should be willing to take a lot of refugees in.  

I’m actually surprised that Putin was so blatant with a Westerner about not stopping until he takes  over Ukraine. Also, I think Putin believes his own bullshit about the historical reasoning he is using that goes back a thousand years.

• Hook 'Em 5

53 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Mexico probably agrees with Putin

Would Mexico or Spain get Texas back based on Putin’s logic?  Or the Comanches or Karankawa?  And would we have to speak French if we visited or lived in Louisiana?

If I was Belarus, I’d be even more nervous given that speech, and Lukashenko’s recent moves to give the military more power to use lethal weapons against civilians.  Might be good for Ukraine if he tried to annex Belarus and a resistance sprung up.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, vtaenz said:

NATO allies absolutely will need to fill the void, even at the expense of their own defense if they want to draw the line in the sand in Ukraine.

We wouldn’t do this. Do you really think other countries would?

I think if we don’t lead the way things fall apart.