Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

8 minutes ago, B00M said:

I feel like the only way you’re seeing this from Americans is if Fox spewed it. If it’s from interactions online, surely it’s russian bots. 

The usual people that parrot Russian propaganda.

• Hook 'Em 2

On TV, I haven't seen any decent coverage on Ukraine in many months. PBS had someone from Estonia on tonight and that was detailed and informative. Otherwise, every other channel on TV has been awful - that includes FOX, CNN, MSNBC, and all of the local channels. The upcoming election has totally overshadowed all world news coverage and it will only get worse over the remainder of the year.

• Hook 'Em 3

at this point with all the laws russia has broken i dont understand why we dont scrub a tomahawk missile of american writing on it, and fucking launch 50 of them from ukraine to blow up every fucking russian base within 1,000km of the border

its not like they can stop them, nor can they even see them, and we can just announce afterwards, oh yeah, we gave the ukr's those yesterday.   ooops

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

I was recently reminded that ISIS-K, the guys behind the Russia attack, were also the ones that blew up at the Kabul airport, in 2021, killing a dozen Marines and over a hundred Afghans (we responded by killing an Afghan who worked for the U.S., and his family, by mistake). 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Gosh.  Land wars in Europe.  Old school eastern powers arming up, bulking up their military enrollment.  It's the good old days again!

I hate being so cynical, but an answer I heard to the question of “what’s in it for the U.S., bearing the lion’s share of NATO funding?” Was “Because, after two horrific world wars started on that continent, the last thing we need is for those assholes to start building up their militaries and start trying to be bullies in international affairs again”. 

But, maybe there is something to it. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 6

Just now, statsman said:

I hate being so cynical, but an answer I heard to the question of “what’s in it for the U.S., beating the lion’s share of NATO funding?” Was “Because, after two horrific world wars started on that continent, the last thing we need is for those assholes to start building up their militaries and start trying to be bullies in international affairs again”. 

But, maybe there is something to it. 

There's more than "something" to it.  There's a crapton to it.  We learned a brutal lesson, the hard way, TWICE last fucking century.  Apparently, we're going to have to touch that hot stove again.  Because we are very, very, very, very stupid.

• Hook 'Em 5