Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

12 hours ago, MillerEP said:

^Umm...what!? Russian agents posing as tourists injured 2 Albanian soldiers to break into a NATO weapons depot?

This is not new behavior.  In 2014, a munitions depot in eastern Czech Republic blew up and killed two Czechs; the owner had been supplying munitions to Ukraine. In 2021 it was revealed that the same two GRU agents that poisoned Sergei Skripal were behind the blast and set off rounds of diplomatic expulsions that basically destroyed ties between Russia and the Czech Republic.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Vrbětice_ammunition_warehouses_explosions

There have been similar incidents in Bulgaria. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, The Dog said:

Speculation I’ve seen was that her dad was the target and she got in the car and set off the bomb.

also, not a false flag but either the beginning of a coup or Ukrainian special forces. 

It doesn't matter.  If it was the West, good to send a message that they are not the only ones that can murder from afar.  If it was Ukraine, good to send a message that they are not the only ones that can murder from afar.  If it was Russia, who gives a shit.  They false flagged to drum up support for a war they started and are getting their asses handed to them in.   In every event, another dead shitty russian dies.  cool.

Oh and would.  Because I am surly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

It doesn't matter.  If it was the West, good to send a message that they are not the only ones that can murder from afar.  If it was Ukraine, good to send a message that they are not the only ones that can murder from afar.  If it was Russia, who gives a shit.  They false flagged to drum up support for a war they started and are getting their asses handed to them in.   In every event, another dead shitty russian dies.  cool.

I'm not sure even nowthis was down with necrophilia 

This morning’s internet Russian punditry says warning from Putin to those criticizing RU not going hard enough.
Does that imply shifting the narrative for a withdrawal?

5 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

A Lithuanian trainer screwed up and let it slip UA is training on the F16 as well as A-10

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTT
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukrainian-fighter-pilots-are-training-on-diy-a-10-warthog-simulators

There are, however, those in opposition to the prospect of sending Ukraine A-10s. In an interview with Air Force Magazine published in July, Yuriy Sak, advisor to Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov, explained that while the A-10 is certainly a capable air support aircraft, it isn’t what Ukrainians need right now. Instead, Sak proposed that the United States send “fast and versatile” systems, which could point to the F-16 or another multirole fighter jet. This is also an idea that the U.S. Air Force has seemed open to in recent months, but nothing concrete has come from either of these propositions yet.

Although in a press call today centered on details about a new U.S. military aid package for Ukraine, a senior U.S. defense official did offer the most recent commentary on this topic in terms of policy:

"This is something where we certainly are looking at the Ukrainian Armed Forces, needs in every domain, in the current and in the future. In the current, our focus has been on capabilities that we can get them quickly that they can use in the current fight in now east and south Ukraine. So, in terms of aviation, we've focused on how we can enhance their existing aircraft fleet. That's where the HARM missiles come into play, giving them that additional advantage. We've also sourced from around the world 1,000s of spare parts for their MiGs. But in the future, we're also looking at other capabilities that we might be able to provide them, and we're doing work now on what the future of the Ukrainian armed forces will look like. And considering all possibilities."

All in all, there continue to be indications that the United States is softening on its general opposition to sending Ukrainian combat aircraft of some kind, which might or might not include A-10s.

Regardless, the relatively humble off-the-shelf simulators that Ukrainian pilots are now training on will provide valuable experience with the basic interfaces and control concepts used on western combat aircraft.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

This morning’s internet Russian punditry says warning from Putin to those criticizing RU not going hard enough.

I don't buy it, but that's convenient for the propoganda.  Putin's reach is sunsetting; more will be revealed by how the transition/succession of power plays out.

• Hook 'Em 1

A group called the People’s Republican Army (NRA) claiming to be an anti-regime group, has claimed responsibility for the Dugina death.  They said they wanted to get both her and her dad. Their announcement was read by Ilya Ponamarev, a dissident former Duma member who is fighting for Ukraine now.  The only Duma member that voted against the Crimea annexation. 

I know absolutely nothing about the NRA or if it’s even a real thing. 

https://www.sme.sk/minuta/22989840/k-zabitiu-darije-duginovej-sa-prihlasili-protirezimni-ruski-partizani

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Visa applications due to random kids about to get expedited 

I was scuba diving in the Red Sea within sight of the Kearsage when the missle attack occurred in 2005. We chartered out of Egypt and getting back across the border later to Eilat was not smooth. /csb

• Hook 'Em 3

post today GIFSaw a-10s running training flights out of Nellis when I was in Vegas this week (had work out at the speedway which is right next to the base). Still my favorite war plane, since I saw one as a kiddo out at an airshow when Bergstrom was still a base. Here’s to hoping we get to see some strafing runs by Ukrainian forces. 

Edited by hookemATL
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

A group called the People’s Republican Army (NRA) claiming to be an anti-regime group, has claimed responsibility for the Dugina death.  They said they wanted to get both her and her dad. Their announcement was read by Ilya Ponamarev, a dissident former Duma member who is fighting for Ukraine now.  The only Duma member that voted against the Crimea annexation. 

I know absolutely nothing about the NRA or if it’s even a real thing. 

https://www.sme.sk/minuta/22989840/k-zabitiu-darije-duginovej-sa-prihlasili-protirezimni-ruski-partizani

That's weird. Thought Russia and the NRA were thick as thieves. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

FSB has the capability more than anybody else, to do this and then shift the blame wherever they want.  If the guy was criticizing Putin over not doing enough, *boom* message sent to him and anybody else with clout who maybe thinking of dissent.

I don’t think it shifts the narrative internally for a withdrawal - if Putin wants a withdrawal, he controls the media which means he puts out an announcement that Russia deNazified Ukraine and secured the breakaway/annexed areas, and he pulls all of his forces back into those areas.

In other words, he just does it and his media spins it however he wants. 

3 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

While it looks like the shitbag Dad was the target of the assasination what a beautiful mistake having him watch his daughter cook to death for his sins.

She was an absolute shitbag. She viewed Ukrainians as basically subhuman as well.  She was in some organizations her dad wasn’t in.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, hookemATL said:

post today GIFSaw a-10s running training flights out of Nellis when I was in Vegas this week (had work out at the speedway which is right next to the base). Still my favorite war plane, since I saw one as a kiddo out at an airshow when Bergstrom was still a base. Here’s to hoping we get to see some strafing runs by Ukrainian forces. 

Saw a few live runs in Afghanistan. Felt really bad for those on the receiving end. That airframe is scary. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1