Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

14 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I saw a newer looking Ural motorcycle broken down on the side of the road a few days ago. Those things look like total pieces of shit designed in the 1940’s. 

Lol, that’s because it is. It is a copy of a BMW R-70 that the Soviets either reverse engineered or obtained the plans for. There have been some upgrades of course, notably disc brakes, fuel injection, and better ignition. But it looks like a 1940s BMW because it is one. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, NoRagrets said:

I saw a newer looking Ural motorcycle broken down on the side of the road a few days ago. Those things look like total pieces of shit designed in the 1940’s. 

I believe it's a copy of a WW2-era BMW. Friend has one with a sidecar, he loves it. Says it's reliable once you upgrade a bunch of the parts. They aren't cheap and they sort of just chug along.

[edit] I am slower than a Ural.

Edited by RDCanecutter
quit looking at me
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Foosters said:

Texags?

A video gaming board. I knew gaming culture had its toxic elements, but ... it might be time to divorce myself from that completely.

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Aren't you and Nicole from Amarillo/Lubbock/Agricultural Moscow?

Emphasis on from.

1 hour ago, Born to Run said:
10 hours ago, Rimbo said:

...naw, those aren't it.
Was thinking along the lines of "you can drive north for 460 miles and end up in a shithole in Texas, too."

Yes but in Amarillo, you can stand on a beer can and see Chicago.

How I Met Your Mother GIF

9 hours ago, maninblack said:

You're a chump if you're still buying into this bullshit

Asking Nicely Star Trek GIF

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Loving the fucking retcon on this. And as usual, “it’s not fair, the U.S. baited into a fight we could never win” is a weird superpower flex. 

Please tell me the Fellas are all over this bitch.

• Hook 'Em 3

57 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

First, they are trying to take advantage of the fact that many people aren’t paying attention to the war, and that the mainstream media is bored and has a new shiny thing every few days, so they are trying to confuse low-information types. I run into this all the time with relatives who don’t follow stuff, and they hear some random story from one of these people, and they think that’s what’s happening.  Just this week, I’ve been telling some relatives about Ukraine advances and they are shocked.

There are some mental health issues with a lot of these people spreading the misinformation (not all, some just hate the USA or the idea of the US doing the right thing, like Steven Seagal).  I’ve got a Qanon-following in-law (“just asking questions!”) and she buys into a lot of this stuff and tries to spread it around. RT, ZeroHedge, etc, are their go-to sites, and they don’t understand that they are being manipulated, and even accuse those questioning them of being manipulated.  When asked if they actually buy into the more zanier specific ideas, if they are self-aware enough to realize that most people think those ideas are nutty, then they simply do the “I don’t know, I haven’t researched it yet” thing, as if it’s on their list of things to do when they get the time.

It’s the saying about “it’s easy to fool someone, and much harder to convince them that they’ve been fooled.”

Unfortunately, thanks to the internet, these people have echo chambers that help them reinforce and feel better about their beliefs (think aggy football fans who believe a natty is always next year).

Once in a blue moon, I’ll check the Qanon sites because I’m curious to see if there’s anything we should be worried about with my in-law, and they all seem pretty out of it these days and still just trotting out the Nazi bullshit, and that the US and Ukraine had bioweapon and nuclear weapon labs within spitting distance of the Russian border, and that’s been their go-to since February.

In terms of confronting anybody you know who buys into the Russian/conspiracy bullshit, don’t argue the details with them, because that’s what they want - they are looking for a tiny little gotcha that they can use to claim your whole argument is invalid.  Just laugh about Russians retreating, or laugh about how that person claims such-and-such, but here’s a video from Russian state media that proves otherwise, and ask them why they think the Russian government is lying if they are right.

A lot of the amplifiers are the useful idiot types who believe this shit but the ecosystem is not seeded organically.  

The non-English, Slavic language portals I follow are often kind of a beta-test. I’ll see stuff there pop up later in English, big outlets.  Weirdly enough, they will also use them to launder back into official Russian sources, I’ll see stuff pop up in TASS that was first circulating farther west, with the foreign source cited as an authority. 

Also, TexAgs politics is 100 percent infested with this as well as SECRant.

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Coping and lying intensifies:

Yep, but they’ve been saying that for a while.  This jumps out at me from that comment:

In towns that should have been defended. By a mobilized military who is fighting the entire corrupt Western World.

“In towns that should have been defended”. That’s a potshot at Putin.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

If you’re one of those Ukrainian troops training in UK and other places, aren’t you begging them to put you on a transport right now and go full bore attack while the enemy is on the run?  Go retake Mariupol and then roll into Crimea and finish them off completely 

They will have to send reinforcements to hold the territory they took back, I am sure they are moving trips asap to the new locations. You don’t need to transfer a lot of since it’s been left for you 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

If you’re one of those Ukrainian troops training in UK and other places, aren’t you begging them to put you on a transport right now and go full bore attack while the enemy is on the run?  Go retake Mariupol and then roll into Crimea and finish them off completely 

There’s speculation that the troops being used for a lot of this stuff, were trained in the UK/etc. and are fresh,,  they certainly all look well-equipped.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

They will have to send reinforcements to hold the territory they took back, I am sure they are moving trips asap to the new locations. You don’t need to transfer a lot of since it’s been left for you 

Most likely their territorial defense units or whatever.  Russian won’t be able to do much of an attack in those areas anyways, both due to a lack of necessary vehicles, and they’ll be spotted long before they can do anything.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

It’s always a chuckle for me when they call the West “corrupt.” It’s their longest running accusation that is pure confession.

They don't mean the 1000 rubles they just hid in their jacket pocket. That was favor for doing favor. They mean that you touched yourself in a possibly non-binary way, then didn't go to Russian Orthodox church later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3