Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

https://www.thedailybeast.com/moscow-officials-urge-vladimir-putin-to-give-up-power?ref=home

More and more Russian officials are urging Vladimir Putin to get the hell out of the Kremlin as Moscow suffered another series of humiliating defeats in Ukraine this weekend.

Just one day after several municipal deputies in Putin’s hometown of St. Petersburg called on the State Duma to try the Russian leader for treason, their colleagues in Moscow joined in and demanded he step down because his views are “hopelessly outdated.”

The open letter to Putin from municipal deputies in the Russian capital’s Lomonosovsky district started out by seemingly trying to let him down gently, telling him he had “good reforms” in his first term and part of his second.

But then, “everything went wrong,” the deputies said.

“The rhetoric that you and your subordinates use has been riddled with intolerance and aggression for a long time, which in the end effectively threw our country back into the Cold War era. Russia has again begun to be feared and hated, we are once again threatening the whole world with nuclear weapons,” the letter read.

Even the pro-Kremlin Telegram channels run by Russian military bloggers had a dramatic change of tune as Ukraine claimed new wins Saturday: They began to openly blast military leadership—and Putin personally—for the embarrassing failures.

“Stalin, as much of a vampire as he was, never stooped to this and said how we lost nothing and there are no problems,” wrote one pro-Kremlin blogger. “For him, those who cowardly run away and ‘withdraw troops’ were the alarmists.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also reports of no water in Kharkiv. It’s notable that Russia is punishing people in areas that a few days ago were allegedly completely pro-Russian.  And this should be seen as Russia punishing people, they should be using their Kalibr missiles on more valuable targets than civilian infrastructure.

• Rage+1 3

Gelendzhik, PEC 901. The deputy chairman of the commission prepared ballots for United Russia for stuffing, and when she was caught, she sat down on the documents and refused to get up.

When, with the help of a policeman, the woman was nevertheless lifted up, she began to accuse those around her of planting ballots for her.

• Haha 3
  • Drool 1

So I mentioned this earlier, but looking at the video and photos of a lot of these Ukrainian units, they are incredibly well-organized, well-equipped, and well-fed.  There can be differences in weapons between different types of units obviously, but they look extremely cohesive, as if they are getting uniforms, equipment, etc, from the West.  Makes me wonder if these are some of the folks that were being trained in Western Ukraine and elsewhere in Europe.

The Russians look like shit, like they’ve been living in the same uniforms for months  

Example, 

• Hook 'Em 3

Everybody in this thread should watch that clip above that Julia Davis released a few hours ago.

Some serious self-awareness of how shitty things are going for Russia, but also some amazing denial, reached levels of Baghdad Bob.

Towarss the end , one of the commentators is arguing over how long this is going to take, and asking if his 10 year old kids will eventually be able to fight.  

edit: Also setting up that Putin was lied to, and that’s why they have lost.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, statsman said:

Yes. There are some weird dudes, that somehow expanded their Trump-love (no CR) to Putin-love, and are all bought in on the RT line. They are a small minority (who are these guys? I wonder- are these the old men who married mail order Russian brides years ago?), but they seek out lightly trafficked boards, and try to flood it with masses of RT stories and videos. 

Hornfans (under new management) is one such site. There are about two guys posting the RT stuff, and a handful that try to debate them honestly (RT advocates main retorts- “sure, if you believe what you see in the msm that has been lying all these years”, “how do you know Ukraine didn’t kill those people/drop those bombs”, and “you think Ukraine is telling an unbiased story?”). Their tactic is to not engage factual counter-arguments and to drop more messages  

It is awful, and sometimes, frankly, evil, because these are real events and untold horrors are being visited upon innocents, by Russians, at Putin’s direction. It’s as if they are counting on people to not think about what they are doing (the tortures, the forced migrations, the splitting of families, the rapes and mass murders), just because the actions are unthinkable. 

Lol ManInBlack

edit: I’m still catching up and 2 pages back. Apparently also lol Buzzrock

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

So I’ve got a question they I haven’t seen a legit answer to.

The NATO members supplying support to the UKA all refuse to allow those weapons to be used to hit targets within Russia. Once this moves from a police action to instead a full scale war with Russia moving to full mobilization internally, does that take the gloves off the use of these weapons?

With how close Bolgorodo and Valukyi are to the border, both of those should get flattened by HIMARS as soon as Putin declares it an official war. Then start the advance with one brigade to see how far they could push into Russia, purely for the political shock and awe it would have.

23 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So I’ve got a question they I haven’t seen a legit answer to.

The NATO members supplying support to the UKA all refuse to allow those weapons to be used to hit targets within Russia. Once this moves from a police action to instead a full scale war with Russia moving to full mobilization internally, does that take the gloves off the use of these weapons?

With how close Bolgorodo and Valukyi are to the border, both of those should get flattened by HIMARS as soon as Putin declares it an official war. Then start the advance with one brigade to see how far they could push into Russia, purely for the political shock and awe it would have.

I suspect that if UF continues to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and keeps current operations on military only targets then those concerns are loosened. I bet the initial concern was that Ukraine would get petty and start targeting civilians, any type of soft target.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaddie said:

Atom

Yeah that was pretty wild. An actual argument about policy and of course the idiot still saying “Nazis”. 
Sounds like the light bulb is starting to come on slowly. 

Given that this is the state media that all Russians have access to, it had to be really jarring when the guy was asking how long it would last, and if his 10 year old kids would get to fight in it, if it went on for years.

It’s interesting the narratives coming out - “why can’t we be friends” and “this went wrong because people lied to Putin about how it would go”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I knew this was an American before he said a word (from the laugh):

There are going to be American vets (and even active duty folks maybe getting near the end of their contracts) who are going to see this and think ”I can get paid to fight Russians and wear tactical beards?  Where do I sign?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1