Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

What's going on is pretty much what happened to the Armenians in 1917.  They backed the Russians and expected that Russia would protect them.  But Russia couldn't really protect itself, so the Armenians were left to their fate.

I don't know about their present day politics but damn, a choice between the Turks killing them or the shitshow of post Ww1 Russia.

31 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Georgia is still pissed after that 2008 steamrolling they took.  those 2 breakaway provinces might want to consider renegotiating their positions before Georgia just says fuck it and takes it back by force..... which would be a serious problem for the U.S. as they are staunch U.S. supporters. 

I've been waiting for that.  But there's a big difference between Ukraine and Georgia.  We can just fly equipment to Poland and then deliver it to Ukraine overland.  To do that for Georgia, we'd have to have the Turks on board.  And I'm not at all certain that's happening.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

I don't think it's that, this conflict has been years in the making. However, now that Russia has proven to be a paper tiger, I DO hope Georgia, Chechnya, and Moldova retake their territory stolen from them, and that Asaad's and Lukashenko's regimes both crumble. But that's just me.

Moldova maybe in the best position right now, since there are rumors their Russians are deserting, and Ukraine vowed to shoot down any Russian aircraft that approached Moldova.

Another mysterious Oligarch death, fell off a boat this time instead of a window

Makes me wonder if some lower-level oligarchs we’re speaking out.

1 hour ago, 27-25 said:

Maybe he went through the ship's transfer portal?

beautiful happy endings GIF

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 1

^This reminds me of a tweet I saw the last night, in one of the towns just recaptured they showed a video from the Russian propaganda tv station of people in that town taking Russian passports and all that, only to wake up 2 days later and find Ukraine retook it back

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I've been waiting for that.  But there's a big difference between Ukraine and Georgia.  We can just fly equipment to Poland and then deliver it to Ukraine overland.  To do that for Georgia, we'd have to have the Turks on board.  And I'm not at all certain that's happening.

It could get interesting though. Azerbaijan wouldn't be doing this without at least tacit approval from Erdogan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Aside from the Russian military, has any group emerged with more reputational damage than the much feared Chechen fighters? Shouldn’t really be a surprise, as in the process of pacification and Kadyrovzatin most of their real killers got whacked, left, or joined the bad side in the war on terror.  An effective fighting force is one a dictator has to worry about. 

Or just got old.  Not a lot of badasses from the first Chechen War still in fighting shape.These assholes are good at civilian atrocities and not much else.

Jimbo Fisher Fightin' Texum Aggie Football

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

^This reminds me of a tweet I saw the last night, in one of the towns just recaptured they showed a video from the Russian propaganda tv station of people in that town taking Russian passports and all that, only to wake up 2 days later and find Ukraine retook it back

Top Tweet - Airborne one last time.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Is this thing about to end?

Mass surrender near the river.

Duma members and media getting more lippy.

No more troops being sent.

Putin not meeting with military folks.

Putin moving out to Sochi.

Surrounding countries starting to heat up.

Scheduled meeting with Xi.

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

Seems like we’re on the doorstep.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Speaking of Russian propaganda, from Friday:

Macgregor is a Russian stooge through and through

2014 Russian annexation of Crimea

In 2014, after Russia annexed Crimea and was engaged in a conflict with Ukraine over its eastern parts, Macgregor appeared on Russian state-owned network RT where he called for the annexation of the Donbas and said residents of the region "are in fact Russians, not Ukrainians, and at the same time, you have Ukrainians in the west and in the north, who are not Russians."[19][34]

2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

After Russia's invasion of Ukraine in February 2022, Macgregor appeared on three Fox News programs to speak in support of Russia's actions. Russian state television broadcast excerpts of Macgregor's appearances, which included a characterization of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy as a "puppet," that Russian forces had been "too gentle" in the early days of the invasion and that Russian president Vladimir Putin was being "demonized" by the United States and NATO. Macgregor said he believed Russia should be allowed to seize whatever parts of Ukraine it wanted. After one of his appearances, Macgregor's comments were characterized by veteran Fox News Pentagon correspondent Jennifer Griffin as "appeasement" and that he was being an "apologist" for Putin. After Griffin's remarks, Tucker Carlson — who hosted Macgregor on two successive nights — remarked, "Unlike many of the so-called reporters you see on television, he is not acting secretly as a flack for Lloyd Austin at the Pentagon. No, Doug Macgregor is an honest man." Trey Gowdy, another Fox News host who interviewed Macgregor, said his viewpoint was "stunning and disappointing."[35][36][37][38] U.S. representative Liz Cheney said of Macgregor "This is the Putin wing of the GOP."[39]

• Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Is this thing about to end?

I think we could be close to an end with the DPR and LPR - the fact that the Russian military bailed on them and were leaving the DPR and LPR conscripts/militias to try and stop the Ukrainian military on their own in certain areas, to basically die for Russia, and then to follow it up by banning LPR/DPR residents entry into Russia proper, is going to send shockwaves through both areas.  Russia is proving they give no shits about those people.

Crimea is going to be the ultimate test.  I feel like Ukraine may need ATACMS to handle that.  The good news is that Ukraine apparently had a lot of manpower and hardware that’s still sitting on the bench, ready to enter the game.

I feel like this sums things up the best though:

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Plus, russia saying no new troops is a great reason to believe they are planning new troops, and lying to their people. Lying to us too but we will see the movement, the Russian people won’t. 

It’s like you don’t believe Russia. (Maninblack) (buzzrock).

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Plus, russia saying no new troops is a great reason to believe they are planning new troops, and lying to their people. Lying to us too but we will see the movement, the Russian people won’t. 

Ukraine and NATO can easily see if that is true or not.  Russia still needs to be able to get any new troops the last 30-40 miles from the rail hubs (if not farther).

Moscow and St. Petersburg politicians are speaking out against Putin, even if they are basically the fitlumps of those city councils or whatever, and if Putin wants to truly mobilize for war, he will have to conscript hard in both of those cities, thereby upping the chance of people rejecting him.

While it could be seen as wishful thinking, it would be very prudent for Putin to have some fresh troops with working equipment on hand to put down any riots, especially if he wants to mobilize.  He’s seen what happens to other dictators who don’t have some troops ready to put down rebellions.  

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1