Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

13 hours ago, Orange&White said:

Is this thing about to end?

Mass surrender near the river.

Duma members and media getting more lippy.

No more troops being sent.

Putin not meeting with military folks.

Putin moving out to Sochi.

Surrounding countries starting to heat up.

Scheduled meeting with Xi.

Tomorrow is Tuesday.

Seems like we’re on the doorstep.

Maybe Putin is gonna beg Xi for asylum? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

That's what happen in 1991.  The plotters launched a coup while Gorbachev was at his vacation house in the Crimea.  They shut down Moscow, seized the television and radio stations, declared martial law, and put out a statement that Gorbachev was ill and had resigned.

and they surrounded yeltsin but didn't have the balls to detain him.  so yeltsin comes out as a strong leader. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, statsman said:

1. Tucker Carlson- since two weeks into the war, anyone on the west advocating for Russia or spinning for Russia is increasingly either a dupe, a shill or a troll, or some combination thereof. Carlson’s claims of not seeing a US interest, or not trusting the US administration are increasingly pointless as we observe how Russia prosecutes this war (massacres of civilians, the rapes, the taking of children). It’s a really bad look, and I don’t see how he ever crawls back. 
2. Putin is getting backed into a corner. Dictators need wins. People don’t fear losers. That said, he is dangerous. My hope is that the “west” (the US, NATO, hell, even Macron) communicate some messages to him (and other key Russians)- we know the names of the senior Russians in control of the nukes and they will be held accountable, that a nuclear escalation will not cause the west to back down but rather draw NATO troops in, that we can encourage his other neighbors to start encroachments, basically that he is losing and an escalation on his part will bring a greater defeat. Hopefully, we are also pressuring China to stay back. 
3. Does the west need to provide Putin a graceful exit? Maybe this? “Ukraine gets all its territory back (including Crimea). It gets all its children back. You (Putin) get to spin it to Russia as you like, and the west won’t officially claim otherwise.” That’s a tough one for him, causing internal turmoil, but by now he should know that it’s easier to kill Russians than Ukrainians. This is a much worse deal for him than he initially imagined, but I think it’s going to look better and better for him as time passes. 
4. So much of physics and chemistry involves systems requiring the right input in order to get to a more stable equilibrium. It has been clear for months that the removal of one man (Putin) puts the entire section of the globe in a far more stable (safe and prosperous) equilibrium. When will Russia make the right input?

Send Macron to Sochi. If Putin doesn't publicly declare his love for crepes, Frenchy breaks his arm.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, statsman said:

It’s a really bad look, and I don’t see how he ever crawls back

You don't? I do. He doesn't have to crawl back, because if the last half decade told us anything, it's that people will believe a lie they want to believe no matter what the evidence shows.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

You don't? I do. He doesn't have to crawl back, because if the last half decade told us anything, it's that people will believe a lie they want to believe no matter what the evidence shows.

This.   There’s never been a time since the advent of television to withdraw quietly from a national problem, triple stamp yourself dictator for life, declare victory, punish those who doubt your legitimacy, and then celebrate with some kinda weird Russian dance where it looks like you’re simultaneously jerking off two ghosts.  

1 minute ago, YGIFS said:

This.   There’s never been a time since the advent of television to withdraw quietly from a national problem, triple stamp yourself dictator for life, declare victory, punish those who doubt your legitimacy, and then celebrate with some kinda weird Russian dance where it looks like you’re simultaneously jerking off two ghosts.  

spacer.png

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

You have to be careful with kesselschlacht maneuvers.  If the defending army is mobile they can break the encirclement quickly.  In this case the Russians look like they were running as soon as that northern breakthrough materialized.

Kinda wild seeing tanks adorned with crosses pulling off Kesselschlachts. If I were German I would furrow my brow and writhe in moral discomfort. Since I'm not, I just think it's funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Really good thread from Hertling

Hertling knows his shit. Hopefully UA has a wave of replacements to takeover for some front line troops. If not they are going to call an operational halt 24-48 hrs Just to let them eat, sleep and reload.

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, RPM said:

Hertling knows his shit. Hopefully UA has a wave of replacements to takeover for some front line troops. If not they are going to call an operational halt 24-48 hrs Just to let them eat, sleep and reload.

Seems like the spearhead attack group has been taking an operational halt ever since they reached the Oksil a couple of days ago. I think different AFU groupings are the ones trying to clean out Lyman and Kreminna.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Kinda wild seeing tanks adorned with crosses pulling off Kesselschlachts. If I were German I would furrow my brow and writhe in moral discomfort. Since I'm not, I just think it's funny.

If the Ukrainians start trotting out Stukas and 88 mm artillery converted from AA i an going to get suspicious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

and they surrounded yeltsin but didn't have the balls to detain him.  so yeltsin comes out as a strong leader. 

Was that when he took on a tank by himself and gave a televised speech from on top of it? 

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

"It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Was that when he took on a tank by himself and gave a televised speech from on top of it? 

they surrounded him at his dacha at some point on august 17th or 18th, didn't arrest him, he went to the russian parliament the morning of the 19th, and that's where the tank speech was. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Bolton says it. I agree with it.  I don’t know why Putin would accept a loss over going nuclear. 

Putin doesn’t drop or launch the bombs. He only orders it. My hope is that NATO Comms superiority is such that we have messaged the right individuals and told them we know who they are and will hold them personally responsible. 

Maybe like spam calls we get to sell our houses? “Hello, is this Mr. Ivan Mikheilolvitch? Would you be interested in disobeying a nuclear launch order? If you do, we will pay you $250k and if you don’t, you will be tried as a war criminal.”

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 6

6 minutes ago, statsman said:

Putin doesn’t drop or launch the bombs. He only orders it. My hope is that NATO Comms superiority is such that we have messaged the right individuals and told them we know who they are and will hold them personally responsible. 

Maybe like spam calls we get to sell our houses? “Hello, is this Mr. Ivan Mikheilolvitch? Would you be interested in disobeying a nuclear launch order? If you do, we will pay you $250k and if you don’t, you will be tried as a war criminal.”

Tried as a war criminal nothing.  He'll get the first missile of the retaliatory strike aimed at his house.  And the second is aimed at his parents' house.  And the third is aimed at his kids' school.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

I wonder if this is what the OSINT folks have been talking about - they’ve been running the numbers on what hardware Ukraine has, what’s been donated by the West, and like I said earlier, they’ve noticed that there is enough hardware (APCs, etc.) that they know is in Ukraine proper  to create a large group, but it hasn’t been seen in action yet.  Either it’s a reserve for the current counteroffensives, or it’s being readied to launch another one, coinciding with fresh Ukrainian troops who are being trained by NATO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It’s time to reconstitute the Flying Tigers.  Pull out whatever guard unit F-16s and F-15s are slated for retirement next and get them working. Volunteers can resign (or come back from retirement) and fly them out of Western Ukraine, signing contracts with AFU and repainting the aircraft. Hell, let them sleep in Rzeszow or Przemysl and commute in to fly sorties or do maintenance shifts so there’s not a U.S. barrack to hit. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1