Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Vatnik accounts I check in on are getting increasingly depressed.  This video is allegedly showing lines of civilians evacuating Izyum.  The “reporter” claims that “repression” is awaiting anyone who cooperated with or served in the occupation administration or for anyone who attended “Russian rallies.” They’re all allegedly fleeing to Russia or LNR. I do agree that I wouldn’t want to be a collaborator in these towns. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Not directly related to the Ukraine war, but it's an interesting analysis that shows how thinly stretched and depleted the russian military is. 

Their navy couldn't operate 4 corvettes without incident for three days. I doubt the rest of the fleet is much better. More Ukraine related: I doubt we'll see any further significant naval action in the black sea unless another country gets involved

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So I went to another message board... one I used to frequent, back in my lesser days... and stumbled across their thread on this.

Those idiots are legitimately arguing over whether or not Crimea should be part of Ukraine or not.

I mean, the talking points opposed to this are straight out of the GRU playbook.

Even if Ukraine didn't have the superior claim (which they do) I'd give it to Ukraine because you have to punish Russia for their atrocities 

• Hook 'Em 7

38 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Loving the fucking retcon on this. And as usual, “it’s not fair, the U.S. baited into a fight we could never win” is a weird superpower flex. 

Don’t tell ManInBlack. Guess he’s still waiting for jfk junior to Lazarus it up and retake American politics. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On the diplomatic front, Russia called a consultative session to examine its claims of a network of U.S. funded biological weapons labs in Ukraine.  Their bullshit session came to nothing but they have been hyping their evidence. 

Traditionally Russia says this type of stuff as a prelude to something awful. If Russia were to use a WMD, then they’d likely try to blame Ukraine for it. More likely, they might get super aggressive again with air attacks on civilians since they are losing and the “bio lab” network could be a convenient “legitimate target”. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Paid shill, Russia wants to blame the USA for this mess as it was USA who made them attack Ukraine, no other reason for them to go there 

Exactly. Claim all the wins, disclaim/blame for losses.

They’re getting their asses handed to them, they have now accepted this, so it’s time to start blaming and making excuses. Anything but accountability.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On the diplomatic front, Russia called a consultative session to examine its claims of a network of U.S. funded biological weapons labs in Ukraine.  Their bullshit session came to nothing but they have been hyping their evidence. 

Traditionally Russia says this type of stuff as a prelude to something awful. If Russia were to use a WMD, then they’d likely try to blame Ukraine for it. More likely, they might get super aggressive again with air attacks on civilians since they are losing and the “bio lab” network could be a convenient “legitimate target”. 

Don’t sleep on fucking up ZPP and irradiating big chunks of Ukraine. Read this morning, maybe here, that the backup electrical station for the plant has been destroyed. It seems like they’re about to go “if we can’t have it, no one can.”
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Don’t sleep on fucking up ZPP and irradiating big chunks of Ukraine. Read this morning, maybe here, they the backup electrical station for the plant has been destroyed. It seems like they’re about to go “if we can’t have it, no one can.”

Some of the more lunatic/fringe disinformation channels I follow (not in English) claim that Ukraine and the US were developing nuclear weapons in ZPP and enriching uranium.  If that take starts to spill into the English language and global vatnik cesspool, I’d be getting more concerned. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, SL Xpress said:

I feel like the AFU is doing to the Russian frontlines what Alabama is about to do to the Texas defense. It honestly makes me feel a lot better about the beating coming later today. It's not even important compared to this. I'm so happy right now. 

Take that shit to the football board. Don’t football up our Daily Texan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What if that store of tanks and such existed primarily on paper?

Then if they do exist in some condition that works in the field they still have to get them there. I have seen a lot of blown up equipment but no trains full of new stuff coming in. 50s era trucks but no recently made ones. 

Tiger of the north is a paper shell and it's rotten.

The ingrained corruption combined with an operational strategy that actively discouraged NCOs and junior officers to think for themselves brings us to this current state of affairs.

If there's anything I am willing to bet on their nuclear arsenal it's that it's probably in a similar situation as the rest of the gear; outdated and mostly inoperable due to critical parts stripped off to be sold. 

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

What if that store of tanks and such existed primarily on paper?

Then if they do exist in some condition that works in the field they still have to get them there. I have seen a lot of blown up equipment but no trains full of new stuff coming in. 50s era trucks but no recently made ones

Tiger of the north is a paper shell and it's rotten.

The ingrained corruption combined with an operational strategy that actively discouraged NCOs and junior officers to think for themselves brings us to this current state of affairs.

If there's anything I am willing to bet on their nuclear arsenal it's that it's probably in a similar situation as the rest of the gear; outdated and mostly inoperable due to critical parts stripped off to be sold. 

Those Ural 6x6 trucks you’re seeing, often as the base for Grad rocket artillery, could very well be new. They still make them and that’s the Russian army’s workhorse.  

One of the daily oddities of living in Russia is seeing shit that looks half a century old but was maybe made six months ago. Was more common in the early 2000s but still true. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My brother who’s as tied in to this stuff as anyone just opined to me “there’s no way to stabilize this collapse.  Good chance we see a coup this week.”  

image.jpeg.b8d9f138d86803a25dcaefe64db954b1.jpeg

Why isn’t he on this site? 
You got some explainin to do

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

So I went to another message board... one I used to frequent, back in my lesser days... and stumbled across their thread on this.

Those idiots are legitimately arguing over whether or not Crimea should be part of Ukraine or not.

I mean, the talking points opposed to this are straight out of the GRU playbook.

Yes. There are some weird dudes, that somehow expanded their Trump-love (no CR) to Putin-love, and are all bought in on the RT line. They are a small minority (who are these guys? I wonder- are these the old men who married mail order Russian brides years ago?), but they seek out lightly trafficked boards, and try to flood it with masses of RT stories and videos. 

Hornfans (under new management) is one such site. There are about two guys posting the RT stuff, and a handful that try to debate them honestly (RT advocates main retorts- “sure, if you believe what you see in the msm that has been lying all these years”, “how do you know Ukraine didn’t kill those people/drop those bombs”, and “you think Ukraine is telling an unbiased story?”). Their tactic is to not engage factual counter-arguments and to drop more messages  

It is awful, and sometimes, frankly, evil, because these are real events and untold horrors are being visited upon innocents, by Russians, at Putin’s direction. It’s as if they are counting on people to not think about what they are doing (the tortures, the forced migrations, the splitting of families, the rapes and mass murders), just because the actions are unthinkable. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Given how tiny their military budget normally is, and how they’ve deceived everybody in terms of their conventional hardware, I’m wondering if their nearly 6,000 warheads are more likely 3,000 or less, and some oligarch or Putin is skimming the budget for the other 3,000.

• Hook 'Em 1

Given how tiny their military budget normally is, and how they’ve deceived everybody in terms of their conventional hardware, I’m wondering if their nearly 6,000 warheads are more likely 3,000 or less, and some oligarch or Putin is skimming the budget for the other 3,000.

Seems like a pretty safe bet.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, statsman said:

They are a small minority (who are these guys? I wonder- are these the old men who married mail order Russian brides years ago?), but they seek out lightly trafficked boards, and try to flood it with masses of RT stories and videos. 

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Some of the more lunatic/fringe disinformation channels I follow (not in English) claim that Ukraine and the US were developing nuclear weapons in ZPP and enriching uranium.  If that take starts to spill into the English language and global vatnik cesspool, I’d be getting more concerned. 

First, they are trying to take advantage of the fact that many people aren’t paying attention to the war, and that the mainstream media is bored and has a new shiny thing every few days, so they are trying to confuse low-information types. I run into this all the time with relatives who don’t follow stuff, and they hear some random story from one of these people, and they think that’s what’s happening.  Just this week, I’ve been telling some relatives about Ukraine advances and they are shocked.

There are some mental health issues with a lot of these people spreading the misinformation (not all, some just hate the USA or the idea of the US doing the right thing, like Steven Seagal).  I’ve got a Qanon-following in-law (“just asking questions!”) and she buys into a lot of this stuff and tries to spread it around. RT, ZeroHedge, etc, are their go-to sites, and they don’t understand that they are being manipulated, and even accuse those questioning them of being manipulated.  When asked if they actually buy into the more zanier specific ideas, if they are self-aware enough to realize that most people think those ideas are nutty, then they simply do the “I don’t know, I haven’t researched it yet” thing, as if it’s on their list of things to do when they get the time.

It’s the saying about “it’s easy to fool someone, and much harder to convince them that they’ve been fooled.”

Unfortunately, thanks to the internet, these people have echo chambers that help them reinforce and feel better about their beliefs (think aggy football fans who believe a natty is always next year).

Once in a blue moon, I’ll check the Qanon sites because I’m curious to see if there’s anything we should be worried about with my in-law, and they all seem pretty out of it these days and still just trotting out the Nazi bullshit, and that the US and Ukraine had bioweapon and nuclear weapon labs within spitting distance of the Russian border, and that’s been their go-to since February.

In terms of confronting anybody you know who buys into the Russian/conspiracy bullshit, don’t argue the details with them, because that’s what they want - they are looking for a tiny little gotcha that they can use to claim your whole argument is invalid.  Just laugh about Russians retreating, or laugh about how that person claims such-and-such, but here’s a video from Russian state media that proves otherwise, and ask them why they think the Russian government is lying if they are right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3