Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

According to the General Staff of Ukraine's FB page, the Russians are using helicopters to try to catch deserters:

"The morale and the psychological condition of [soldiers in] the occupying units [of the Russian Armed Forces] have considerably deteriorated, and instances of desertion have become more common, due to significant losses [sustained by the Russian army] and a lack of willingness to participate in combat. The enemy was forced to deploy helicopters and weapons in search for deserters and in order to return them to combat positions on the temporarily occupied territory of Kherson Oblast, near the village of Babenivka Druha."

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

According to the General Staff of Ukraine's FB page, the Russians are using helicopters to try to catch deserters:

"The morale and the psychological condition of [soldiers in] the occupying units [of the Russian Armed Forces] have considerably deteriorated, and instances of desertion have become more common, due to significant losses [sustained by the Russian army] and a lack of willingness to participate in combat. The enemy was forced to deploy helicopters and weapons in search for deserters and in order to return them to combat positions on the temporarily occupied territory of Kherson Oblast, near the village of Babenivka Druha."

That's right run motherfuckers!

2 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My wife and I were looking at the pictures last night, and all three photos show a dimple and a mole on his left cheek that are identical.  I think it's him.  Maybe when he was sacked he was busted to lieutenant and sent to the front.

Your wife reads this thread with you? Now that is one hell of a humble brag.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Even if the Russians' version is true, they are morons. First thing you do before setting foot in a cab is settle the price. Guess they figured they'd interact with the world through their phones as if they're at Taco Bell in Cupertino instead of You-Just-Fucking-Invaded-Us-You-Damn-Russians Georgia.

Second of all, why would a Russian go vacation in Georgia? That'd be like me hanging out in Sadr City.

shutterstock_559420024-khachapuri.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 2

29 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Your wife reads this thread with you? Now that is one hell of a humble brag.

She doesn't read it with me, but I keep her updated from it.  I told her about Lieutenant General Lieutenant and the questions about his identification and showed her the pictures.  She was the one who caught the mole and dimple.

• Hook 'Em 1

This is a great thread - Ryan doesn't have many followers but it's an interesting read:

In short, Russia has been able to use their massive amounts of artillery to cover for the lack of personnel (the "five guys and a radio" BTG versus a full BTG). HIMARS changed the game by doing so much damage to their stockpiles of artillery shells that they no longer can throw thousands of round down range against recon units. Ukraine is now taking advantage. 

or something like that. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Oh fucking goddamn!  Spread out you dipshits!

Re: the hike video.  Thread moving almost as fast as the Ukrainians.

It’s like somebody is raking their fingernails across a chalkboard with me.

I’m guessing that they have a bunch of drones keeping an eye out on their flanks, and it’s sounding like the Russians are not putting any manned aircraft up, and with Russians fleeing, they have no solid and timely intel.

They didn’t get this far just to fuck up badly at the last minute, this isn’t UT football.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

The enemy was forced to deploy helicopters and weapons in search for deserters and in order to return them to combat positions on the temporarily occupied territory of Kherson Oblast, near the village of Babenivka Druha."

Some deserters surely keep their weapons…and might not want to return to combat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, The Dog said:

This is a great thread - Ryan doesn't have many followers but it's an interesting read:

In short, Russia has been able to use their massive amounts of artillery to cover for the lack of personnel (the "five guys and a radio" BTG versus a full BTG). HIMARS changed the game by doing so much damage to their stockpiles of artillery shells that they no longer can throw thousands of round down range against recon units. Ukraine is now taking advantage. 

or something like that. 

All of this high tech, all of these massive killing machines, all of this devastating ordnance and one of the most important things in this entire conflict is still being able to read a topographical map and use the terrain to your advantage..

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Now look at that map and shift the center of that circle to just south of Kupyank and low and behold and Valukyi is now in HIMARS range...

Not sure if they will actually fire into Russia, but even the threat of being in range will mean that the rail patterns will have to dramatically change. If we start to see a full collapse on this front, the scary part is that I am not sure how far the UKA could drive until they hit a natural barrier.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2