Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

38 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

the other pics of Andrei Sychevoi on line where he isn't wearing a hat show him cue ball bald on top.  don't know if it is disinformation.  any more word of that Lieutenant is actually him?

My wife and I were looking at the pictures last night, and all three photos show a dimple and a mole on his left cheek that are identical.  I think it's him.  Maybe when he was sacked he was busted to lieutenant and sent to the front.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

The thing that strikes me about this, is all I see are two helos with the blades whirring away.  No one is getting in, or out, and nothing seems to be going on for miles around.  Who knows what's behind the camera.  But this sure looks like it could be somewhere on the endless Russian steppe with those Mi-26s safe and sound. 

Good insight, you think like Russian. If they go anywhere close to Izium (doubt it) it'll be to fetch out somebody's Golden Boy family member from HQ, plus his washing machine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

In the Marines we have a term called "Violence of Action" and every Marine could recite verbatim the Marine rifle company's role, which is to "Locate, Close with, and destroy the enemy by superior firepower and maneuver." This is the basic tenant of Maneuver warfare. We have a term "violence of action" which is used by most infantryman and SOF units which is a tactic specifically focused on rolling up and hitting enemies in the face to cause panic and hopefully disrupt any plans while preventing them from gaining any breathing room for collecting themselves. This is how we've been successful at hitting HVTs and toppling governments over the past decades. A physical shock and awe if you will, but on the ground not with bombs.

We're seeing the Ukrainians successfully doing this over the past 3 days, and can see the result of this approach. You hit them fast, hard, and then capitalize on the gains and keep hitting them until they force you to stop. We've been hearing a lot of US trainers, US "wargaming" it out with Ukraine, and even the Ukrainian MoD mentioned they were "trying something new" in Kharkiv. So it really makes me wonder if this was the result of those wargaming sessions. 

Sounds a lot like a blitzkreig. Are the uk soldiers being fed meth to keep going, too?

• Haha 1

More on the taxi driver 

Russian's story

"However, on Friday, the Prosecutor General’s Office released a conflicting statement from the two plaintiffs, who claim that they had hailed a cab using Yandex. Upon arrival at the hotel where they planned to stay in the centre of Tbilisi, the driver demanded a payment of  ₾195 ($68) instead of the ₾23 ($8) indicated on the application.

According to the plaintiffs, when they suggested settling the dispute with the police, Bokuchava locked the doors, drove them towards Gardabani, southeast of Tbilisi, and demanded a payment of ₾500 ($175) in exchange for their freedom.

The prosecutor’s office’s statement goes on to say that the passengers jumped out of the car on the way there. The taxi driver then threw out their belongings and fled the scene."

and what the jury thought

"Bokuchava was placed in preventive detention two days after the incident.

Chomakashvili confirmed that all 12 jurors in the case acquitted his client and that they did not believe the plaintiffs’ version of the story, as it was ‘confirmed that the rear door was unlocked and that they had a cellphone’.

The verdict is final; as in Georgian legislation an acquittal by jury cannot be appealed. "

lawyer for defendant's Facebook post on the case

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0LqDL139qGTUrxy3AqbXTmHSV9JtDns7CdfspAAMssbyd2MRqRyymp5LmwB9TM2jQl&id=100002749788834

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

More on the taxi driver 

Russian's story

"However, on Friday, the Prosecutor General’s Office released a conflicting statement from the two plaintiffs, who claim that they had hailed a cab using Yandex. Upon arrival at the hotel where they planned to stay in the centre of Tbilisi, the driver demanded a payment of  ₾195 ($68) instead of the ₾23 ($8) indicated on the application.

According to the plaintiffs, when they suggested settling the dispute with the police, Bokuchava locked the doors, drove them towards Gardabani, southeast of Tbilisi, and demanded a payment of ₾500 ($175) in exchange for their freedom.

The prosecutor’s office’s statement goes on to say that the passengers jumped out of the car on the way there. The taxi driver then threw out their belongings and fled the scene."

and what the jury thought

"Bokuchava was placed in preventive detention two days after the incident.

Chomakashvili confirmed that all 12 jurors in the case acquitted his client and that they did not believe the plaintiffs’ version of the story, as it was ‘confirmed that the rear door was unlocked and that they had a cellphone’.

The verdict is final; as in Georgian legislation an acquittal by jury cannot be appealed. "

lawyer for defendant's Facebook post on the case

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0LqDL139qGTUrxy3AqbXTmHSV9JtDns7CdfspAAMssbyd2MRqRyymp5LmwB9TM2jQl&id=100002749788834

Even if the Russians' version is true, they are morons. First thing you do before setting foot in a cab is settle the price. Guess they figured they'd interact with the world through their phones as if they're at Taco Bell in Cupertino instead of You-Just-Fucking-Invaded-Us-You-Damn-Russians Georgia.

Second of all, why would a Russian go vacation in Georgia? That'd be like me hanging out in Sadr City.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

What I love about these NATO presidential visits is you know they are arriving with arms and supplies.  It’s a very easy way for us to drop stuff off while telling the Russians: “don’t fire on Kyiv, wouldn’t want to kill a senior NATO official and invoke Article 5”

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Yep. That’s why I would be willing to pull out of Izyum. Hop to the east side of the Oskil and dig in and then hope and pray both the Kupyansk and Oskil hold while you flood in anything you can in to reinforce a secondary line. You would have to, at all costs, keep the UKA from flooding the gap/over the river because once the UKA gets in the rear it is a disaster for the RU with no real clearly stated fallback position.

image.jpeg.4bf543c0b28a0040a756f1dbcee8d7cd.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unmanned…personnel carrier.  Interesting concept. A personnel carrier that carries no personnel?

Yeah, they can evacuate wounded, navigate a mine field or be used to shuttle supplies and ammunition in a fight

24 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I was about to say, which is it young feller?

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1