Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

yeah, a country with a billion people has a lot of reasons and a lot of ability to expand

1.4 billion. 

China has its own massive demographic time bomb coming. There problem isn’t going to be too many people, it will be “not enough young people earning money/producing.” China WILL take advantage of Russia’s folly - it will gobble up natural resources contracts for pennies on the yuan.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So anyone with a better memory than me, what’s the tactical significance of balakiya again? It somewhat makes Izyum look probably. And Izyum has other strategic relevance. 

Hertling gotchu fam

edit: dog beat me to it

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, 686 said:

From that thread. Looks like the conscripted defense forces aren’t in agreement on standing and fighting the UA:

6 minutes ago, 686 said:

Standing on the side of the road with lady friends trying to figure out a plan while active traffic zooms by is a great look.

that video seriously rocks my world.  that is the funniest shit i have ever watched.  just like being in east texas or louisiana or some shit.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

not sure if srs, but supporting billions of people takes a lot of stuff.   

I mean, they already have billions and plenty of their existing territory isn't populated. Now cut their population by 25% in the next 50 years, and I don't think they're expanding because they need more shit. But I mean, they'll probably try to take it anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Looks like more people are starting to put the pieces together about the UKA driving towards Kupyansk and what it means.

After looking at the map a bit more, an added bonus is that would put Belgorod and Valukyi Russia, both in drone range. Valukyi Russia is a huge rail terminal and wagon yard that feeds lots of eastern occupied Ukraine and it would be an absolute shame to see anything happen to that yard.

If you are curious follow the tracks on the google maps link of Valukyi and you will see 3 rail lines. 1 to  Kupyansk , 1 to Troitske and further east into occupied Ukraine, and then the one heading to Belgorod.

Hit that and rail traffic falls to a standstill for a big chunk of the region and I think the next set of cross-border rail is to the east in Kantemirovka or Chertkovo, which would be an absolute logistical pain in the ass and would require even more long haul truck resupply..

Take Kupyansk and use it to take out the rail in Valukyi and that section of the front is going to crumble. As an added bonus if this allows a roll-up to threaten Belgorod (due north of Kharkiv) and the RU will have to pull out of or harden Belgorod because it is a major medical and repair center as well as an airfield.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

That train yard looks like a nice, fat, juicy target.  Artillery, partisans, SOF, or all three.

Yep... and they will be WAY closer to the front now..

If you are really curious, 8 km south of Valukyi (70 km north of Kupyansk) is a wonderful set of 3 rail bridges side by side by side.

You talk about juicy target...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Those roads are way fucking nicer than anything in Louisiana. 

fair point.

seriously, these two are currently at the top of my two favorite people in the world.  we are hatching a roadside plan to fucking conquer ukraine and boris and svetlana are over there like seventh grade sweethearts and some shitty middle school dance.  we spent half a century scared shitless that these people were going to take over the world.

1121391965_Screenshot2022-09-08151609.png.c7664d015bcbb565f43e494db159ccd2.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

But now that I’ve seen them, I can’t say I’m surprised.

They were pretty cool, and a lot less scandalous than the name and reputation projects.  The music is bizarre, a cross between songs and performance art. Merch and ticket sales go to a children’s hospital in Kyiv. Very important, IMO, to support the few famous Russians who are no-shit, Putin-hating, been to jail dissidents.

image.thumb.jpeg.324e11b8500fd8679d34762e91077c6f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Of the Ukrainians do pull of any significant encirclements and end up with 10,000 or more captive Russians what do they do with them?

i'd brand them, give them clothes on their back, some food supplies and tell them to walk back to russia. if seen again in the Ukraine, you'll be shot on site.

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i'd brand them, give them clothes on their back, some food supplies and tell them to walk back to russia. if seen again in the Ukraine, you'll be shot on site.

They murdered, tortured, raped, and looted their way into your land....  

4 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Anyone seen this anywhere else?

Yahoo also reporting it and it looks like it's up on the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense site. 

https://gur.gov.ua/en/content/naselennia-prydnistrov-ia-vidmovliaietsia-pidpysuvaty-kontrakty-z-armiieiu-rf-a-v-operatyvnii-hrupi-viisk-masove-dezertyrstvo.html

Transnistria's Population Refuse to Sign Contracts with the russia's army, and Mass Desertion Is in "Operational Group of Troops"

September 8, 2022

Attempts by the russia's military command to launch a broad campaign to recruit under contract in Transnistria have not yielded any practical results. The local population refuses to join the russian army, even with the promise of high cash payments, social packages, and likely housing. The main reason is the reluctance to participate in hostilities in the territory of Ukraine. Especially since many "volunteers" who decided to sign the contract at the beginning of the war either died or are missing.

Also, against the background of the events in Ukraine, it is noted the increasing number of desertion cases in the "operational group of russian troops in Transnistria". Due to the limited number of military contingents, the russians cannot attract the necessary resources to search and return the missing. In addition, there is a mass dismissal from the service after the expiration of the contract.

Currently, the "operational group" has intensified the training of personnel. Taking into account the experience of hostilities in Ukraine, significant adjustments were made to the training programme. In particular, the number of trainings with logistics units and military medical aid has been increased.

At the same time, the outdated logistics material and technical base does not allow to qualitatively improve the level of readiness of logistics units. The situation is similar with the training of military medics - a number of training has been increased, but outdated approaches regarding the providing first aid on the battlefield are employed, subsequent evacuation and provision of medical equipment. The servicemen are provided with equipment, medicines, individual dressing packs and rubber tourniquets exclusively of soviet design.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

that kid a couple of posts back

It's still the tail end of summer. Starting to wonder if the Russians can make it to winter.

Last winter was brutal enough for them.  With even less access to supplies and much of their best stuff already used and lost, I can't even imagine how many of them will freeze and starve to death.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1