FYI - Open Table

pepper brooks

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I couldn't find it in the app but logged in online and did it. 815 meals, if I choose to believe it. That's pretty cool. I hope they do it right and are able to deliver as planned. 

Your output is allegedly 800 meals.

That can't be true but whatever.  Good on us.

• Like 2

Just did mine.  Great cause...thanks for the tip.  That No Kid Hungry thing is a legit charity.  Not sure where they’re getting their number of meals from but supposedly the around 10,000 points I just donated will equal about 500 meals for kids.  Good deal if true.  I’ve never used my points and hadn’t planned on it.  From what I can tell, those 10K points would have only been worth about $100 so the meals for kids is a no-brainer.

• Like 1

Can't believe some of you don't know about the points. We get $50 certificates to use at least once a year.

And for those of you who make reservations but don't see points... some restaurants don't do the points but you can still use the system to make a reservation. When you make the reservation it will tell you on the app or the website if you're getting 100 or 1000 points. If it doesn't say that then the restaurant doesn't participate in the points. First time it happened to me I wrote them cause I thought they'd made a mistake. They gave me the points, but explained everything to me. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Can't believe some of you don't know about the points. We get $50 certificates to use at least once a year.

And for those of you who make reservations but don't see points... some restaurants don't do the points but you can still use the system to make a reservation. When you make the reservation it will tell you on the app or the website if you're getting 100 or 1000 points. If it doesn't say that then the restaurant doesn't participate in the points. First time it happened to me I wrote them cause I thought they'd made a mistake. They gave me the points, but explained everything to me. 

This is correct.  But most do participate.  Also, for whatever reason, you have to turn on some manual switch to indicate you want the points.  It stays on after the first time you do it, but they do mention it every time you make a reservation.  Not sure what the point of this is.  Looks like this...

dmh3jx.jpg

I also wonder if they expire at some point.  According to my history, I've been using Open Table since August 2009 and we eat out a ton.  I just donated all of mine (about 10,000)...at 100 points per meal, that would mean we only booked about 100 reservations since 2009?  That means we're only eating out 11 times a year?  There's no way.  History also shows I redeemed 40,000 of them since 2009...10,000 in March 2015 and 3 separate 10,000 hits in May 2016.  I've never redeemed them to my knowledge...or at least never got anything for them.  So I'm thinking that's when they expired or that's when they switched to their new points system or something.  But 50,000 total since 2009 sounds a lot closer

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 10:29 AM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

If you open up opentable, there is a banner across the top.  Just click on donate my points, and voila!

I just sent through my 8900 points.  According to the donation website, that is 445 meals.  

Never heard of opentable, but that is one damned fine program being able to donate like that.

3 hours ago, Landomatic said:

This is correct.  But most do participate.  Also, for whatever reason, you have to turn on some manual switch to indicate you want the points.  It stays on after the first time you do it, but they do mention it every time you make a reservation.  Not sure what the point of this is.  Looks like this...

dmh3jx.jpg

I also wonder if they expire at some point.  According to my history, I've been using Open Table since August 2009 and we eat out a ton.  I just donated all of mine (about 10,000)...at 100 points per meal, that would mean we only booked about 100 reservations since 2009?  That means we're only eating out 11 times a year?  There's no way.  History also shows I redeemed 40,000 of them since 2009...10,000 in March 2015 and 3 separate 10,000 hits in May 2016.  I've never redeemed them to my knowledge...or at least never got anything for them.  So I'm thinking that's when they expired or that's when they switched to their new points system or something.  But 50,000 total since 2009 sounds a lot closer

There are a number of reservations I have made in the last year that just did not qualify for points.  They have usually been in international locations.