Game 8: Texas vs. VCU, 7:00 PM, ESPNU

Machinator

Just now, CurlyDumps said:

We are a 10 pt. favorite. Seems kinda high after Radford. But I know nothing about this year's VCU team.

we opened up at -7.5 and all of the money has been flowing in in favor of Texas. Kinda strange. VCU appears to suck offensively, but so do we. And FWIW VCU is rated 20 spots ahead of Radford in KenPom.

That's our starting center. Come on Sims. That cannot happen.

for those not watching, Sims caught the ball underneath the basket with nobody within 5 feet of him, and instead of just taking the two points he puts the ball on the floor and engages the nearest defender. Too many guys like this get recruited by Shaka. He's just not a basketball player.

Edited by Goo Punch

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It saddens me how much of a non-factor Coleman has been this season. His inability to do much off the ball limits his effectiveness.

I really had high expectations for him this year. He seemed to have the mental makeup and was very assertive by the end of last year, but instead of becoming a team leader and consistent dual threat at point guard he's mired in a sophomore slump. Really sucks.

Edited by Goo Punch

It saddens me how much of a non-factor Coleman has been this season. His inability to do much off the ball limits his effectiveness.

I loved how he got the ball with 4 seconds left, held onto the ball for a full second before he realized he needed to move his feet and then shot it 20 feet over the backboard from half court. Is this what you’re talking about?