Texas transfer portal talk

BurntOrangeBlooded15

On 1/19/2021 at 4:29 PM, Blackcat00 said:

Green should be in the talks as a lockdown day 1 draft eligible CB. Instead he couldn't play the ball and will most likely start at a non P5 school. Its maddening how many 5 starts shit the bed in Austin. 

Every time he was in he was giving up a big play or a TD.

6 hours ago, Nabad said:

Can’t imagine we wouldn’t be right there in the mix after Bama for this kid. Sark recruited him at Bama and Coach K at Wash. Both were in his top four.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

What was wrong with Watson aside from the helicopter parents? Another decent CB wouldn't go amiss.

He never seemed to find a position here.. I don't think he is a corner.  I guess I could blame coaching but I just never saw it with that guy.  Maybe I'm holding the UTEP QB going right after him with success too much?

17 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

All that beta cuck bitch ever does is whine.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

Texas defensive lineman Marqez Bimage enters NCAA transfer portal

ByJEFF HOWE 19 minutes ago

Texas defensive end Marqez Bimage, who opted out of the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns in August, has entered the NCAA transfer portal according to a source with knowledge of the situation. Bimage was going to transition to a true defensive end role in Chris Ash’s defensive scheme after playing a 4i end in the odd front preferred by Ash’s predecessor, Todd Orlando, before opting out.

Long regarded as one of the program’s best natural pass rushers, Bimage's presence has been viewed as something that could help tremendously in Steve Sarkisian's debut as the new-look Longhorn defense tries to replace the departed production and presence of Joseph Ossai. A consensus All-American who played the hybrid JACK (defensive end/outside linebacker) position in Ash’s defense, Ossai recorded 55 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles, one recovery, two pass breakups and two quarterback hurries in nine games before opting out of the Alamo Bowl and declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft on Dec. 14.

Bimage logged 12 tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery and two pass breakups in 13 games as a junior in 2019. Before Bimage opted out of what would've been his senior season (the NCAA later froze eligibility for fall sports student-athletes in 2020), Horns247’s Chip Brown mentioned him as a potential breakout player in 2020 in the Aug. 5 edition of his Morning Brew column.

“I continue to hear good things about explosive defensive end Marqez Bimage, especially after dropping his weight from 272 pounds to 251,” Brown wrote. “Bimage is one of the strongest players on the team and is one of the few players for UT who has squatted 700 pounds. He put on weight to take on double teams as a 4i defensive end... Bimage was an explosive outside linebacker coming out of Brenham and is now hoping to put it all together as a defensive end.”

In his career, Bimage has played in 34 games since signing with the Longhorns out of Brenham in the 2017 recruiting cycle. A one-time University of Houston verbal commitment, Bimage followed Herman’s staff to the Forty Acres and through three seasons has recorded 19 tackles, two tackles for loss, one sack, two pass breakups, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

Bimage reported to be going to CAL

Summary of Horns in the Portal

Quarterback

• Ja'Quinden Jackson                DUAL.             6-2 / 232

TexasUtah
  • Running Back
  • Keaontay Ingram            RB.              6-1 / 190

TexasUSC
  • Receiver
  • Brenden Schooler                 WR.           6-2 / 190

ArizonaTexas
  • Offensive Line