Texas transfer portal talk

BurntOrangeBlooded15

This roster is going to have a big talent void once again with all of these departures.  Herman needs to be gone asap.  Those back to back top 5 recruiting classes he had amounted to nothing and most of those players are either transferring or entering the draft.   It won't be as bad as what Mack left but this roster needs a new coach that can get an influx of transfers with the 1 year rule.  JQJ is badass and this staff needs to find ways to get him on the damn field.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

This roster is going to have a big talent void once again with all of these departures.  Herman needs to be gone asap.  Those back to back top 5 recruiting classes he had amounted to nothing and most of those players are either transferring or entering the draft.   It won't be as bad as what Mack left but this roster needs a new coach that can get an influx of transfers with the 1 year rule.  JQJ is badass and this staff needs to find ways to get him on the damn field.  

Yeah the cupboard is emptying rapidly. Should have fired him. 

Well that blows but it was always a possibility with him and Card in the same class. The expectation appears to be that Card is the QB of the future so it makes sense he’d leave. If he really wants to play QB, it likely has to be somewhere else.

Hopefully they’re just able to talk him into sticking around but I’d imagine he can find suitors.

21 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

....one of him and Card were always going to transfer. This is sooner than expected sure. Throw betterer?

Wish he would to try out LB but the kid seems dead set on QB. Once that happened it was always going to be him transferring first of the two, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Wish he would to try out LB but the kid seems dead set on QB. Once that happened it was always going to be him transferring first of the two, imo. 

As he should, I think he will eventually be a really good player. He's just, understandably, not on the same timeline as Card.

33 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah the cupboard is emptying rapidly. Should have fired him. 

Yes because having no head coach right now would absolutely have prevented all this attrition. 

You keep acting like retaining Herman the past month has affected recruiting/transfers. It hasn’t. The issue is Herman failed and the timing of firing him doesn’t change it. There will always be attrition during a coaching transition.  

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

I'm as anti Herman/CDC as they come, but even if things were great in Herman land, this was likely to happen anyway with Card doing so well, no?

Maybe, but I think he would’ve stuck around for another year to see if he could win the open spot once Sam left. 

I'm as anti Herman/CDC as they come, but even if things were great in Herman land, this was likely to happen anyway with Card doing so well, no?

Yeah. Honestly, it’s the case with all three. Vaughans, Carson, JQJ. Which of them isn’t transferring if Texas is headed to the playoff this year? Which is them isn’t transferring if Texas is recruiting better? If Urban Meyer was hired a week ago?

I’m not necessarily defending Herman here but a few guys transferring for playing time isn’t the sky falling and the roster imploding, though losing a JQJ talent is unequivocally a setback. It happens. Now, if we start to see guys in line to contribute transfer, that’s where the alarm really starts going off.

I'm not that high on Card as some in here.. I was on JJ however.. and with a returning OL that seems will be taking lumps into '21, I thought JJ would be the best option to play.  He got screwed out of Spring ball when he enrolled early with Covid.  Man this does sucks.. sorry for going all Satya

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah. Honestly, it’s the case with all three. Vaughans, Carson, JQJ. Which of them isn’t transferring if Texas is headed to the playoff this year? Which is them isn’t transferring if Texas is recruiting better? If Urban Meyer was hired a week ago?

I’m not necessarily defending Herman here but a few guys transferring for playing time isn’t the sky falling and the roster imploding, though losing a JQJ talent is unequivocally a setback. It happens. Now, if we start to see guys in line to contribute transfer, that’s where the alarm really starts going off.

FrigidNippyFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

10 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Not worried at all.  We have CDC and Tom.  The future looks bright. I  mean, we are the B12 Championship Covid backup team.  I'm dying to buy that shirt at the coop.

Don’t think aggy wouldn’t have it printed and for sale like YESTERDAY!

18 minutes ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Not worried at all.  We have CDC and Tom.  The future looks bright. I  mean, we are the B12 Championship Covid backup team.  I'm dying to buy that shirt at the coop.

I hadn't even considered that! Are we making rings?

32 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Well that blows but it was always a possibility with him and Card in the same class. The expectation appears to be that Card is the QB of the future so it makes sense he’d leave. If he really wants to play QB, it likely has to be somewhere else.

Hopefully they’re just able to talk him into sticking around but I’d imagine he can find suitors.

Didn't CUM have like three starting quarterbacks all on the same MNC team? Herman doesn't have the same staying power?????

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hope I'm wrong, but Casey sure seemed slow running the ball against K-State...

In fairness to Casey, it's kind of hard to see what you have in your backup when you don't put teams away and give the kid the snaps he needs. Herman is turtling retard, so honestly we don't know yet. He looks like he needs work, but hell, we've only seem him throw a few passes because, well, MENSA. 

This is what happens when you hold on to your dipshit of a head coach for one year too long. Rats flee a sinking ship (thats the saying, right?). We’re gonna be in this shit for the next decade if we don’t hire a real, proven coach ASAP. But I’m sure we’ll find some coordinator or HC who’s been at a school with zero expectations, and we’ll pick the wrong guy again. Since, you know, we don’t care about winning and what not.