11:00 AM

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Weird Longhorn FB Schedule for 2019

• 4 Straight home games to start
  • 1st Bye is before playing any road games
  • Two times play back-to-back away games
  • Texas byes are  Sept 28th and  Nov. 2nd

Points #1 and #2 are incorrect... Third Game is at NRG 

Sorry... couldn't tell from ESPN schedule that Rice game was at NRG Stadium in Houston.

Edited by LTtxfan

18 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Does Overshown take that safety spot once Jones heads to the NFL, or does Foster leave the NB position to take that spot?

Might not be Overshown or Foster... 😀  

Edit:  TFB  Defensive Depth Chart for Spring Game

Edited by LTtxfan

13 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Does Overshown take that safety spot once Jones heads to the NFL, or does Foster leave the NB position to take that spot?

I'd hope that Overshown gets comfortable with playing linebacker over the course of this season and sticks there moving forward. We have plenty of talented safeties on the depth chart to replace Jones next year. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding non-freshmen:

-Braun could legitimately redshirt. It's mostly a matter of whether he wants to do so or not. Texas will be fine with him either way.

Out of curiosity, any idea if Braun could RS and be used in 4 select games? Or is that closer to fan fiction that something thte staff might actually enact?

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Here are a few things that will be worth keeping your eye on, for veracity's sake. I found it all pretty encouraging.

On the testing and early workout info for the guys that just got to campus:

-Liebrock is a really well-developed prospect from a quality program. His HC actually just got snapped up by ASU for their staff, I believe. This guy might be able to contribute this year.

-Jake Smith is not over-hyped, at least from the testing and workout POV. He's one of the quickest and fastest guys on the team already.

-If Owens can actually play football, he'll be amazeballs at Texas. His testing numbers are comparable to Smith's, and he's got like 3-5 inches in height and 30-40 pounds in weight over Smith. 

-Watson looks great and will challenge to be a 2nd string back-up.

-Hookfin came in at almost 310 and it was good weight.

-To that last point, Shepherd is looking good and engaged early. If he stays committed to his future, he could be a really big deal.

-McKnight loves working with Gbenda. He's an extremely hard worker. 

Regarding non-freshmen:

-Braun could legitimately redshirt. It's mostly a matter of whether he wants to do so or not. Texas will be fine with him either way.

-The depth of talent is as high at UT right now as it has been since the late-2000s. That will continue to improve as new, highly ranked recruiting class keep showing up.

-Texas expects to be in a fight to make the playoffs in 2019.

Thanks. That Braun tidbit tells me they must love what we have on the OL. 

If he redshirted, any chance he might play in 4 games?

Just now, TommyGufano said:

Out of curiosity, any idea if Braun could RS and be used in 4 select games? Or is that closer to fan fiction that something thte staff might actually enact?

Barring injury, he's either playing in 4 or all of them. If he wants to redshirt, then he will, but he'll play 4 games either way.

• Like 1

Here are a few things that will be worth keeping your eye on, for veracity's sake. I found it all pretty encouraging.
-Liebrock is a really well-developed prospect from a quality program. His HC actually just got snapped up by ASU for their staff, I believe. This guy might be able to contribute this year.
-Jake Smith is not over-hyped, at least from the testing and workout POV. He's one of the quickest and fastest guys on the team already.
-If Owens can actually play football, he'll be amazeballs at Texas. His testing numbers are comparable to Smith's, and he's got like 3-5 inches in height and 30-40 pounds in weight over Smith. 
-To that last point, Shepherd is looking good and engaged early. If he stays committed to his future, he could be a really big deal.
Regarding non-freshmen:
-The depth of talent is as high at UT right now as it has been since the late-2000s. That will continue to improve as new, highly ranked recruiting class keep showing up.

I can’t meltdown to this.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding non-freshmen:

I am a little relieved to hear about Smith. I knew the kid was fast but I wondered what would happen when he hit campus.

If Liebrock contributes this year I will be surprised, but really happy to be wrong. 

We badly need Gbenda to be good since he is our only healthy LB take for the class.  

Owens could be the sneakiest 5 star recruit in the last decade, I know he likes to hit people very hard while running very fast once he figured out he was a physical beast last year. I just hope his brain is as fast as his feet. 

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Might not be Overshown or Foster... 😀  

Edit:  TFB  Defensive Depth Chart for Spring Game

Foster is the best nickel we have had since Earl Thomas, no need to move him back to Safety. Overshown and Owens are going to be more than capable. I also expect Adimora to be in the mix this fall behind Sterns. 

Also, holy shit our Mac LB spot is terrifying. 

2 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Second best Brandon Jones video I've seen 

Soooo glad he’s back. Considering all that the defense lost from last year, having him back is huge. Dude is an absolute beast, even factoring his deficiencies at coverage skills.  Smart, fast as shit, hits hard and tackles well. 

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

There are many rivalry games played the last game of the year. I liked alternating Tech and TCU home games Thanksgiving weekend. KU doesn't move the dial in any way.

You’re dense. TT is the last regular season game numbnuts.

Edited by LebongJames

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Regarding non-freshmen:

Good stuff?  Anything on Warren, Sweat, Adimora, and Washington?  Haven't seen anything on them from any of the sites.

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Braun redshirt? Bullshit.

It's not without merit. Angilau has been getting rave reviews since he stepped on campus. If he can take a few more steps with his technique in fall camp, there's no reason he can't win one of the guard spots, leaving the other for Okafor (hopefully him and not Kerstetter). Then we can save Braun for 2020 as our mauling center for a CFP run, while redshirting Majors/Parr and have one of them ready to take over at center from 2021 on.

Edited by Machinator

I want to see Foster show better coverage skills before feeling comfortable with him at nickel.

He is the perfect destructive back with his abilities against the run and blitzing, but in this conference to be successful at nickel he has to be better than he was last year covering receivers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LebongJames said:

You’re dense. TT is the last regular season game numbnuts.

I

1 hour ago, DFW Horn said:

Look at the schedule last year, "numbnuts", and get back to me. Maybe it's only a one off?

2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Thread title up top should have told ya. 

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's not without merit. Angilau has been getting rave reviews since he stepped on campus. If he can take a few more steps with his technique in fall camp, there's no reason he can't win one of the guard spots, leaving the other for Okafor (hopefully him and not Kerstetter). Then we can save Braun for 2020 as our mauling center for a CFP run, while redshirting Majors/Parr and have one of them ready to take over at center from 2021 on.

Holy shit!  I always thought you were a bot, but now I think you are Tom Herman and he is a bot.  Westworld in Austin.  That is next level Mensa.