2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

LB: David Long at WVU and Murray at OU are both better than Shark. I'll admit that's all I can think of, but if there isn't another LB or two in this conference that has shown more to this point then the LB play in this league sucks.

David Long plays for the Tennessee Titans now.

LB play in this league is tough. Notice how Anthony Wheeler magically looked like a good football player when he went against SEC pro-style offenses.

• Like 3

Siap... https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-2019-season-predictions-LB-Jeffrey-McCulloch-Tom-Herman-Todd-Orlando-133325152/

Unique among many labels fit for Jeffrey McCulloch to wear

ByJEFF HOWE       Jun 30, 9:46 PM

The summer is a good time for college football scribes to take stock of the team they cover. In the case of Texas, a common task over the weeks and months where nothing outside of summer workouts is taking place is to group players into categories that will give folks a good idea of where they stand to enter the third season of the Tom Herman era.

• Who’s poised to break out and emerge as a star?
  • Which Longhorns are on the hot seat and facing a now-or-never season?
  • Who are the most valuable members of Herman’s squad?

If one were to go through and attempt to put labels on the current Longhorns, it becomes clear that Jeffrey McCulloch might be the most unique player on the 2019 roster. When it comes to putting players in a box, there are many in which McCulloch is a good fit.  Can he be considered a breakout candidate? Absolutely.  

The former four-star recruit (No. 62 overall in the 247Sports Composite rankings in 2016) hasn’t had an extensive chance to prove himself as one of the better players on defense. When injuries (an ankle injury in 2017 and a pectoral injury in the 2018 preseason) haven’t slowed him down, McCulloch hasn’t been able to break through to the front of an inside linebacker rotation headlined by Malik Jefferson two years ago and Gary Johnson last season.  That’s not to say McCulloch has been absent when it comes to making plays. He had a critical goal-to-go tackle for loss early in last year’s win over TCU that kept the Horned Frogs out of the end zone and he made one of the defensive plays of the year with a 65-yard interception return that sealed a win over Kansas and sent Texas to the Big 12 title game.  McCulloch has his chance to shine as a senior forTodd Orlando. After working all three linebacker positions over the last two seasons, McCulloch locked down the starting job at Rover in the spring, replacing Johnson at a spot that’s one of the true playmaking positions within Orlando’s defense (the Rover plays off the ball and can be moved around on a by-game basis if Orlando sees a matchup he likes that particular week).  

Entering his final season in the program by definition makes McCulloch a now-or-never candidate.  If McCulloch doesn’t put it together and is able to deliver now, barring a situation that would force him to take a redshirt year it’s never going to happen for him. He’s waited for his opportunity and McCulloch’s spring performance suggests he’s ready to grab the bull by the horns and prove himself as one of the best linebackers in the conference.  He’s got the tools to get to that level, which makes McCulloch a player who can easily be put on a list of the most underrated Longhorns. Again, it’s not that McCulloch hasn’t been good enough break through into the starting lineup, he’s just been behind entrenched veterans, but what makes him underrated is the high level of playmaking he’s put on film when he’s been given a chance to shine.

Now, tie everything together and the uniqueness is obvious. McCulloch’s experience, the playmaking ability he’s flashed when he’s been on the field, his perceived high ceiling, the versatility he’s got to help Orlando manufacture depth by knowing and being able to play all three primary linebacker positions and how important the inside linebackers are to Orlando’s defense and McCulloch should definitely be considered one of the most valuable Longhorns heading into the 2019 season.  If one were to compile a list of the players the Longhorns can least afford to lose, McCulloch’s name should be near the top. McCulloch’s first three seasons in the program might not have gone as predicted when he was coming out of high school, but he’s got a chance to go out with a bang.

McCulloch’s experience, the playmaking ability he’s flashed when he’s been on the field, his perceived high ceiling, the versatility he’s got to help Orlando manufacture depth by knowing and being able to play all three primary linebacker positions and how important the inside linebackers are to Orlando’s defense and McCulloch should definitely be considered one of the most valuable Longhorns heading into the 2019 season.

Is this English?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

LB play in this league is tough. Notice how Anthony Wheeler magically looked like a good football player when he went against SEC pro-style offenses.

So much fucking this. LBs are the abused, red headed step child of the conference. Recruiting will tell you as much as well. 

And I remember making that proclamation that Wheeler would have his best game in the sugar bowl. It's not hard to see that, in this conference, LBs will be like slightly slower safeties. Wheeler is your prototypical LB who probably would've been better suited playing in the big 10 or secX3. 

16 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Brother surprised me yesterday with Texas v ousux tickets emoji869.png

My brother did the same. Well, kinda, he told me i wasn't getting a Christmas or Birthday gift because we're going to the Texas/OU game for the first time. Maybe not his exact words. He reads this board and would let me know those weren't his words. We don't have tickets yet so if anybody has any good info on scoring tickets, I'm all ears.

Oh, we do have a room though that he can't cancel. So one way or another I'll be in Dallas that weekend partying. So i have that going for me, which is nice. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BERT said:

My brother did the same. Well, kinda, he told me i wasn't getting a Christmas or Birthday gift because we're going to the Texas/OU game for the first time. Maybe not his exact words. He reads this board and would let me know those weren't his words. We don't have tickets yet so if anybody has any good info on scoring tickets, I'm all ears.

Oh, we do have a room though that he can't cancel. So one way or another I'll be in Dallas that weekend partying. So i have that going for me, which is nice. 

So you're telling us your brother is tacky? 

44 minutes ago, Eggo said:

So you're telling us your brother is tacky? 

Perhaps 

14 minutes ago, millhouse said:

Those are IOUs, which everyone knows are just as good as tickets 

That's a big one, might want to hold on to that one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BERT said:

That's a big one, might want to hold on to that one. 

You should probably just buy the tickets yourself. We all know how this one plays out when he doesn't come through: "You're a dead man. You're a dead man!" 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

You should probably just buy the tickets yourself. We all know how this one plays out when he doesn't come through: "You're a dead man. You're a dead man!" 

HAHA nah. I’ll have fun either way. Maybe the Friday before I’ll get to meet some of you fucks

My internet take:  Texas football is going to kick ass and take names for the next 10 years.  TH is going to give OU a decade of pain starting now and exposing Jalen Hurts and that chicken shit level defense this season.  Can I get a witness!

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

My internet take:  Texas football is going to kick ass and take names for the next 10 years.  TH is going to give OU a decade of pain starting now and exposing Jalen Hurts and that chicken shit level defense this season.  Can I get a witness!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Tap the brakes and be less aggy. Let's wait and see. All with you on the spirit, but, tap the brakes. Since Colt it's been pretty baron around here.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Tap the brakes and be less aggy. Let's wait and see. All with you on the spirit, but, tap the brakes. Since Colt it's been pretty baron around here.

Sterile 

Barren refers to a woman.

7 hours ago, Nope said:

Sterile 

Barren refers to a woman.

adjective

1. (of land) too poor to produce much or any vegetation.
    synonyms: unproductive, infertile, unfruitful, sterile, arid, desert, waste, desolate, uncultivatable; 
    impoverished
    "barren land"

2. (of a place or building) bleak and lifeless. "the sports hall turned out to be a rather barren concrete building"

See aTm Hall of Champions

• Like 2

11 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

CTJ basically said the exact opposite in the recruiting thread the other day. I prefer your optimism though. 

On 7/5/2019 at 4:22 PM, BERT said:

Geez, so heartwarming . . .

18 hours ago, markstanco said:
19 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Only aggy doesn't know the difference between barren and baron. take that shit on over there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think it's really been mostly peasants, but I guess if you were going to refer to the Texas QBs since Colt as royalty then the lowest title would be most appropriate.

Technically, a baronet would be the lowest hereditary aristocratic title, though a simple knighthood is the lowest of all the titles (and is not hereditary).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Technically a Baronet was not considered a member of the peerage although the title could be inherited and entitled one to be called Sir, not Lord.  Knight is a title of honor and does not make one a member of the aristocracy.

The Aristocrats!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Technically a Baronet was not considered a member of the peerage although the title could be inherited and entitled one to be called Sir, not Lord.  Knight is a title of honor and does not make one a member of the aristocracy.

Does this mean if King goes to Tennessee aggy is screwed in the aristocracy rankings too?  Trevor Knight is gone to the arena league and Princley and Prince may be leaning Texas.  

10 hours ago, Ok. Caol Hook Em! said:

CTJ basically said the exact opposite in the recruiting thread the other day. I prefer your optimism though. 

I am not talking about recruiting.  I am talking about beating their overrated asses on the football field just like Colt and Co. did in the 45-35 game.  A couple of OU beatdowns by the current Longhorns team will expose the Grinch "defense" and little Lincoln.  He may be recruiting well on offense, but Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray are not walking through that door.  Jalen Hurts is a good quarterback, but he is not special unless he is surrounded by 5 star talent.  OU lost a ton on offense.