2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

33 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Sweats recruiting profile had him at 250 pounds. If the numbers can be trusted, he has grown by how much my dog weighs in one year. 

He's a football player and we'll just have to wait and see where his body takes him. At this rate, he could end up at nickel or possibly LB. After a year with Yancy builds another 50 lbs of muscle and adds 4 inches of height, he might be a good situational pass rusher, but his real value is probably as a punt returner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reese Bennett said:

He's a football player and we'll just have to wait and see where his body takes him. At this rate, he could end up at nickel or possibly LB. After a year with Yancy builds another 50 lbs of muscle and adds 4 inches of height, he might be a good situational pass rusher, but his real value is probably as a punt returner.

High thread is thattaway. ==>

12 hours ago, Machinator said:

Wescott may be right but the UT directory doesn't prove anything; there are several players who aren't listed there.

It's really easy for a student to suppress their information from the directory. Considering it's a double whammy for Brown of FERPA and HIPAA considerations, it wouldn't be surprising if they decided to keep it quiet. 

I’ll check in when I can on Sweat, but the word was that they’re really happy with the condition of the summer enrollees. I feel like if they thought Sweat came in overweight and out of shape, that would have gotten out by now. When Coburn came in last year at 350+, the exact details didn’t spill out for a while, but you heard instantly that he was likely to redshirt and not play much, which meant something given the fact that camp hadn’t started. 

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Thought Brandon Jones and possibly Malcolm Roach on defense.  They also left off Collin Johnson....

Jones deserved to be there. Missing time due to injury probably cost him.

Roach didn't play enough last season at DE to be a projected first-team All-Conference player.

WR is deep in the Big 12, and CJ is good but not dominant.

Edited by Machinator

28 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Anent the All-XII players list: has anyone got a list of which ones we recruited (at all) and whiffed on?

Kenneth Murray was begging to come to Texas but Strong was still had dreams of Anthony Hines, Baron Browning, and Dylan Moses coming to Texas while laying eggs against Cal and OK State.

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Kenneth Murray was begging to come to Texas but Strong was still had dreams of Anthony Hines, Baron Browning, and Dylan Moses coming to Texas while laying eggs against Cal and OK State.

Did you know Texas never offered Charlie Brewer?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

D_DpHtfXoAAZLRz.jpg

This list really pisses me off and it shouldn't, I know everyone hates us. No Cosmi. Orlando better be up for the fucking challenge this year, everyone seems to think our D is going to suck and I expect them them to be the best we've had since Coach arrived.

22 hours ago, Machinator said:

Damn, I love Sam Ehlinger. If he is giving speeches like that in practice every day, even when the cameras aren't there, we could be in for a real treat this season. There's something special about a team that is willing to run through a wall for their QB. 

14 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Damn, I love Sam Ehlinger. If he is giving speeches like that in practice every day, even when the cameras aren't there, we could be in for a real treat this season. There's something special about a team that is willing to run through a wall for their QB. 

Amen.

We haven’t had a QB like this since 2009.  Garrett Gilbert, David Ash, Tyrone Swoopes, Shane Buechele—all nice guys and probably well-liked by teammates. But they were lacking in the type of leadership and inspiration needed from the quarterback at this level.  

Maybe Herp Derp had some of his brother’s qualities, and he gutted out some big wins for us—UCLA and aggy in 2011, Kansas in 2012, and OUsucks in 2013. But he provided nowhere near the level of leadership Sam has been displaying.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheFlagship said:

I will take Brandon Jones and Anthony Cook over any of those losers at DB.

Also lmao at Kenneth Murray being DPOTY, that dude is the definition of a volume tackler. Makes a lot of tackles 5-10 yards down the field without creating many negative plays or turnovers.

The kid at TCU is legit

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Amen.

We haven’t had a QB like this since 2009.  Garrett Gilbert, David Ash, Tyrone Swoopes, Shane Buechele—all nice guys and probably well-liked by teammates. But they were lacking in the type of leadership and inspiration needed from the quarterback at this level.  

Maybe Herp Derp had some of his brother’s qualities, and he gutted out some big wins for us—UCLA and aggy in 2011, Kansas in 2012, and OUsucks in 2013. But he provided nowhere near the level of leadership Sam has been displaying.

Not only that, but hopefully that leadership quality rubs off on the guys that take over the reigns. Being around Sam has to have a major influence.