2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Amen.

We haven’t had a QB like this since 2009.  Garrett Gilbert, David Ash, Tyrone Swoopes, Shane Buechele—all nice guys and probably well-liked by teammates. But they were lacking in the type of leadership and inspiration needed from the quarterback at this level.  

Maybe Herp Derp had some of his brother’s qualities, and he gutted out some big wins for us—UCLA and aggy in 2011, Kansas in 2012, and OUsucks in 2013. But he provided nowhere near the level of leadership Sam has been displaying.

Not only that, but hopefully that leadership quality rubs off on the guys that take over the reigns. Being around Sam has to have a major influence. 

Jake Smith is a lot bigger than I expected him.  I thought he'd be undersized and need to gain weight.  From the summer reports and some previous pictures, his athleticism has been reported to be off the charts and he's physically ready for college.  He doesn't look small at all next to two NFL running backs.  I think he'll be able to shoulder carries for this offense out of the slot as a hybrid H and RB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Jake Smith is a lot bigger than I expected him.  I thought he'd be undersized and need to gain weight.  From the summer reports and some previous pictures, his athleticism has been reported to be off the charts and he's physically ready for college.  He doesn't look small at all next to two NFL running backs.  I think he'll be able to shoulder carries for this offense out of the slot as a hybrid H and RB.

That was my first reaction too. The guy looked tiny in his high school film.

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

Yeah we need to use him like Florida did with Percy Harvin

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Who the fuck designed those things! Lol. The front is ah pretty special....   Even if it was a national championship ring those are too big to actually wear. 

Who cares if it’s practical? It’s a wearable trophy, not a wedding band.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I had a dream last night that we beat LSU 18-0. Six field goals. Of course I missed the game because I accidentally moved into the wrong house, and spent the evening looking for the owner. So I wouldn't take that 18-0 shit to the bank. 

I guarantee all of these things will happen. 

48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I had a dream last night that we beat LSU 18-0. Six field goals. Of course I missed the game because I accidentally moved into the wrong house, and spent the evening looking for the owner. So I wouldn't take that 18-0 shit to the bank. 

Important question:  Was the house a 3 bedroom or 4 bedroom?

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

I bet you woke up kinda sad. But then you cheered up... cuz you know we'll beat LSU by way more than that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cosmic coincidinks! Same dream... almost.

Line was UT+7.5, I bet the house to cover. LSU's new improved offense couldn't score on us and gave up four safeties. 8-0 good enough. EdO sez "Things gonna change round heah. Single wings. Arrrrr."

The owner was South Austin's mom and you couldn't find her because I was celebrating our 18-0 win with her all night.

So I would take that 18--0 shit to the bank.