2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

Jake seems to fit the part, so far.

On the one hand, you'd think he'd have been 5*'ed by them what makes their living (apparently) by handing out stars.  On the other, you'd think the GatorAde dummies woulda picked one of the 5*ed as their PoY poster boy. With that third hand - maybe the one that holds the wires while you solder - you'd figure out that both those groups are full of shit. 

The Percy Harvin comparisons are probably not far off, but y'all need to keep in mind that we have TWO guys (at least) who may fir that role, moving seamlessly between the WR role and the RB role with the speed motion in the mix.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jake and Whittington on the field at the same time, with our FB playing QB reading what should be some very stressed defenses.

Edited by Tex Long
  • Like 2

I merely posited that it would be a discussion between the staff and Braun, because he’s got an interest in actually getting his grad degree and thinks another year might serve his NFL interests well. Eskimohorn, who still thinks Chuckles Strong was done wrong at Texas and that Mack Brown would have gotten back on top with a little more time, chose to go into pure hyperbole with his responses and claim that a redshirt was being definitively predicted and he wouldn’t stand for that position. It’s typical idiocy from a guy with a long, long track record of being a low information poster with a penchant for gooberism. You know the type. 

Closetojumping uses terms like gooberism and rue the day. While watching Longhorn games in bars with his aggy, razorback, and Mt Vernon friends, jokes about how retarded Sam Ehlinger looks. When Sam kicks ass...crickets. But when you call him out on his bullshit...he’s very demonstrative.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LebongJames said:

Are we thinking Jake gets any carries? Percy Harvin freshman year?

30 - 40 carries?

30 catches?

Is that unrealistic?

More like Jalin Marshall or Dontre Wilson.

They combined for 43-245 and 59-799 and 10 total TDs.

My guess is Whittington, Moore, and Smith will combine for numbers close to that.

Edited by HtownHorn

32 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

That vaunted weekly gauntlet of death.

Flipping channels I decided to watch part of the ESPN CFB show today.  Here's a few comments about the Sec that I heard.... 

• Most quality QBs (9) at Sec Media Day ever
  • Sec offenses more explosive in 2019
  • Bama will Win with best QB and WRs

Sounds like Sec trying to be more like B12 and Clemson.... 😁😁😁 

Edit:  Not sure who the 9 Sec QBs are?

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, GTNY said:

Definitely seems incredible but really curious what other conferences, including ours, look like. 

Yeah, kind of the nature of the statistical beast that everyone will have a shitty record against top 5 teams unless you're always #1 or 2 like Bama or Clemson.

Yeah, kind of the nature of the statistical beast that everyone will have a shitty record against top 5 teams unless you're always #1 or 2 like Bama or Clemson.

Yeah but it says top 25 not top 5. Considering the benefit of the doubt they get in rankings, other than Alabama it’s not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except they all play top 25 teams every week during conference play so they statistically should all have .500 records right? 

Or wait - the SEC is so tough that unranked teams upset top 25 teams in conference therefore meaning they should have grater than .500 records right?

Hmm what about Alabama is responsible for all of the top 25 losses (so the total losses of the other schools should be equal to or less than Bama's win total) but that's OK since Bama wins the title every year

The SEC is 20-19 against OOC Top 25 teams in the last 3 years.

Missouri, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State have played exactly 0 teams OOC that were in the Top 25.

Clemson accounts for 6 of the losses, and 1 win. So I guess 19-13 against teams not named Clemson is probably pretty good.

Texas is 1-0

TCU is 1-1

WVU is 1-0

KSU is 0-1

OU is 1-2