2019 Texas Football Season - "#8 Go Fuck Yourself Bitch"

Xcalibur

3 hours ago, SWC said:

Oh my wow, what are we doing at MAC?  Who is Cort Jacquess?  Ayodele is an injury waiting to happen and Floyd, well.

Piggybacking on what @Machinator said, it's been established that Orlando usually plays his best LB at Rover and second-best at Mac. The depth chart for the two spots is basically one chart.

Also, for a walk-on, Jaquess actually has some decent playing time: https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9055

We'll thankfully never see him play meaningful snaps at LB, though.

Edited by texifornia

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Good stuff?  Anything on Warren, Sweat, Adimora, and Washington?  Haven't seen anything on them from any of the sites.

A little in below 247 article..... Btw -- FCB!!

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Football-Summer-workouts-Tom-Herman-Yancy-McKnight-Jake-Smith-Larry-Fedora-133111757/

It's not without merit. Angilau has been getting rave reviews since he stepped on campus. If he can take a few more steps with his technique in fall camp, there's no reason he can't win one of the guard spots, leaving the other for Okafor (hopefully him and not Kerstetter). Then we can save Braun for 2020 as our mauling center for a CFP run, while redshirting Majors/Parr and have one of them ready to take over at center from 2021 on.

We should also redshirt Sam Ehlinger, Cosmi and Collin Johnson. By redshirting our best players we can make a title run in 2020, rather than just compete for the conference. Also, maybe have some of the young guys transfer to smaller schools then come back when they have more experience. It’s not without merit.
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

We should also redshirt Sam Ehlinger, Cosmi and Collin Johnson. By redshirting our best players we can make a title run in 2020, rather than just compete for the conference. Also, maybe have some of the young guys transfer to smaller schools then come back when they have more experience. It’s not without merit.

He's not talking completely out of his ass. It's an interesting thought and one I hadn't heard or considered since all indications were that we were grooming Ghirmai for center, with Kerstetter as the utility knife if immediately needed. If Braun can play center, it actually alleviates most of my concerns for the Oline this season and going forward. 

If Braun redshirts then you've got him next season and as the unofficial backup to Shack this season, should history repeat itself *knocks on wood*. This frees up Kerstetter to man RT this season,  and I can't help but think we just might get to finally see Okafor inside. Can't believe I'm eager to watch this group in the fall. It's so refreshing. 

@closetojumping did you hear anything about Liebrock and blocking? To my understanding, he's a pure flex TE so it may provide some insight as to if Herman will deviate from 11 personnel if he's seeing the field in '19.

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

The Indiana Men's Swimming & Diving team literally did this a few years ago. One of their best guys had season-ending shoulder surgery early in the year plus they knew they had a good recruiting class coming in the following year, so they redshirted all of their best guys in hopes of loading up for a title run the following year. It... didn't work. 

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

It's a bizarre non sequitur, but you've never been much for logic. 

I don't know whether Braun winds up redshirting or not. I doubt he does. But I was quite clearly passing on information rather than taking a personal position. You've reacted as though the premise is utterly preposterous, and the concept is so stupid that it offends your intellect.

Braun is a bright person who understands that his NFL future, if there is one, looks bleak, replete with practice squad duties for years. A graduate degree from Texas coupled with an undergrad from GT unlocks a different future for him. He can attempt to bulk up this season and this offseason, and then go for an All-American effort on a potential CFP team at a bigger physical point in his life. It might be worth the gamble, and it would be regret free considering the finished masters that comes with it.

This was supposedly discussed as a family with the staff during the recruitment and played a role in the immediate commitment and shut down of his review of schools. Whatever my criticisms are of Herman's regime, there are certain recruitments where it can be argued he's better than anyone else in CFB and this was one of them.

Does that mean he redshirts? No, which was noted prior to your histrionics. It just means that he might. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

CTJ addressed the bulk of what I had to say about Braun, but the comparison of Braun's situation to that of Cosmi, Ehlinger, and Collin Johnson is brainless and the logic is worthy of the farmers over on TexAgs.

There is an optimistic, yet plausible, scenario where we get above average guard play from an Okafor/Angilau tandem where the opportunity cost of not redshirting Braun this year is not worth burning a chance for an improved Braun in 2020 at a position of desperate need.

There is no plausible scenario where we can find a QB nearly as good as Sam, a left tackle nearly as good as Cosmi, or an XWR nearly as good as Collin Johnson this season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

CTJ addressed the bulk of what I had to say about Braun, but the comparison of Braun's situation to that of Cosmi, Ehlinger, and Collin Johnson is brainless and the logic is worthy of the farmers over on TexAgs.

There is an optimistic, yet plausible, scenario where we get above average guard play from an Okafor/Angilau tandem where the opportunity cost of not redshirting Braun this year is not worth burning a chance for an improved Braun in 2020 at a position of desperate need.

There is no plausible scenario where we can find a QB nearly as good as Sam, a left tackle nearly as good as Cosmi, or an XWR nearly as good as Collin Johnson this season.

You should tweak your algorithm to filter out posts that aren't worth your time to respond to.

Other thing with Braun is that he has very little pass blocking experience. Redshirt year would help him with that while still allowing him to play big run downs against LSU, OU, and 2 more. Then plug him in full time in Sam's senior year. I kinda like it.

16 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's going to be some combination of Shark, Dele, and maybe Gbenda if he is ready in time.

16 hours ago, Red Five said:

And I'll guess we'll see what we get out of the juco guys. 

Maybe brockermeyer can play. 

Also in reference to the redshirting the team post, we don’t need to redshirt Sam to have him in 2020 and cosmi already redshirted and will also still have eligibility in 2020 should he choose to use it, so even within your terrible post you are only 1 for 3 in choosing players in the same eligibility situation as Braun. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

CTJ redshirted from the Ehlinger thread after he joked about him being a retard. Hot take and very logical. Had an inside source on it.

Parker Braun will not redshirt so Daniel Okafor can man the right tackle spot. While it’s possible Braun could redshirt if he gets injured, you don’t redshirt an all-conference senior player in a position of need.

Contingencies were sure discussed, but not if health is not the issue. More likely CTJ’s insider info was a mole hunt than accurately relayed.

4 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

CTJ redshirted from the Ehlinger thread after he joked about him being a retard. Hot take and very logical. Had an inside source on it.

Parker Braun will not redshirt so Daniel Okafor can man the right tackle spot. While it’s possible Braun could redshirt if he gets injured, you don’t redshirt an all-conference senior player in a position of need.

Contingencies were sure discussed, but not if health is not the issue. More likely CTJ’s insider info was a mole hunt than accurately relayed.

Who is Daniel Okafor?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

I remember the time I told the board what was happening with the Cumbie and then Gilbert recruitments, and how Chuckles had buttfucked one and was attempting to buttfuck the other. You showed up, wailed and tore at your clothes, told me I knew nothing and that Charley was amazing, and proposed that I be banned from the board for triggering you and others. 

You've constructed a strawman around anyone claiming that Braun will redshirt as a certainty and you're a brave, lone poster taking the position that it absolutely won't happen. No one is betting on the redshirt, Chuckleslover, but plenty seem to have the reading comprehension skills necessary to understand that it's been put in Braun's court and it's something at least on the table from his end.

6 hours ago, closetojumping said:

It's a bizarre non sequitur, but you've never been much for logic. 

I don't know whether Braun winds up redshirting or not. I doubt he does. But I was quite clearly passing on information rather than taking a personal position. You've reacted as though the premise is utterly preposterous, and the concept is so stupid that it offends your intellect.

Braun is a bright person who understands that his NFL future, if there is one, looks bleak, replete with practice squad duties for years. A graduate degree from Texas coupled with an undergrad from GT unlocks a different future for him. He can attempt to bulk up this season and this offseason, and then go for an All-American effort on a potential CFP team at a bigger physical point in his life. It might be worth the gamble, and it would be regret free considering the finished masters that comes with it.

This was supposedly discussed as a family with the staff during the recruitment and played a role in the immediate commitment and shut down of his review of schools. Whatever my criticisms are of Herman's regime, there are certain recruitments where it can be argued he's better than anyone else in CFB and this was one of them.

Does that mean he redshirts? No, which was noted prior to your histrionics. It just means that he might. 

HEY! somebody has been in my booze!

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

people get really upset when you pass along that "redshirt" and "Braun" have been used in the same sentence in any way other than "THERE IS NO WAY BRAUN REDSHIRTS OH MY GAWRSCH!!!!!!!"

If his goal is playing on Sunday, two years of learning pass protection under Hand is probably a good idea. 

I remember the time I told the board what was happening with the Cumbie and then Gilbert recruitments, and how Chuckles had buttfucked one and was attempting to buttfuck the other. You showed up, wailed and tore at your clothes, told me I knew nothing and that Charley was amazing, and proposed that I be banned from the board for triggering you and others. 
You've constructed a strawman around anyone claiming that Braun will redshirt as a certainty and you're a brave, lone poster taking the position that it absolutely won't happen. No one is betting on the redshirt, Chuckleslover, but plenty seem to have the reading comprehension skills necessary to understand that it's been put in Braun's court and it's something at least on the table from his end.

So is Chuckleslover similar to other types of lovers of black people?

I’m also a Samlover, but I guess you’ll wait until his next bad game before laughing and calling him a retard. Then, you’ll remain silent until the next potshot as you sit with Baker Mayfield fans watching UT games.

Guess we’ll never know what was decided in Braun’s court after he starts at left guard. Or, will he take the unprecedented decision to redshirt out of a starting spot after going all-ACC and grad transferring?

If your intel was correct, it should have been prefaced with, “extremely unusual and unprecedented in football” report coming out of the Braun camp of talk of a redshirt, instead of taking over the left guard spot.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

As someone that used to scoff at Braun redshirting, it's not a terrible idea. Center in 2020 appears to be a bigger need than Guard in 2019. 

I still would rather him play this year because single plays can have huge long-term impacts in CFB, but I won't be upset if he does redshirt. 

26 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Is it that big of a deal whether Braun redshirts or not that y’all have to start an internet slap fight over it?

Listen, I’ve never passed on a chance to be petty to one of the dimmest bulbs in Longhorn Netdom. The redshirt discussion just turned into a vehicle for delivery.