7-year old girl killed in unprovoked drive by shooting in Houston

Pancho

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Regarding LaPorsha, I understand where you're coming from. She shouldn't have given any description of a suspect at all. But keep in mind, she had been shot during the encounter. There is a possibility that it wasn't intentional race-baiting on her part.

The mom gets a pass. She tragically lost her daughter and is trying to find the killer. There’s no doubt in my mind that she isn’t race baiting. When bullets are flying, you don’t exactly look for a detailed description of who is pulling the trigger.

41 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

Yes, I think that you hoped that the shooter was a white dude and yes, that’s what lead to the creation of this thread. You deliberately mentioned the race of the suspect and victim(s) in your first two (2) posts. I’m sure that others here may feel the same but don’t want to be perceived as insensitive. I don’t have that problem. I’m secure in the fact that I’m not a racist nor am I claiming that you are projecting false empathy with the victims.

I’ve posted on Hornfans, Shaggy and now Surly with you so I’m willing to make a wager. Cite three (3) examples of threads, or sub-threads, you’ve started that meet the following criteria: 

1. The criminal/aggressor/suspect/harasser was black;

2. A white person was not involved, or suspected to be involved, in the situation.

If you can provide this, I will make a $250 donation to the charity of your choosing. If at least one (1) of these examples has a victim that is/was white, I will double my donation amount.

Should you fail to live up to these terms, despite almost twenty (20) years of data at your disposal, you will admit that the person that created the “white people are evil” thread on Surly may be exploiting tragic/shameful events involving black/white relations as a flaming arrow to race bait. 

Let me know if we have a deal.

There is no "white people are evil" thread on this website that I created.  

I mentioned the race of the suspect because that's what was given by HCSO and abc13 as to who they were looking for in a suspect given by the mother. 

I'm not sure why you're overlooking this or what you believe your purpose is. No one said anyone was a racist yet here you are again trying to prove some sort of point. 

The mom gets a pass. She tragically lost her daughter and is trying to find the killer. There’s no doubt in my mind that she isn’t race baiting. When bullets are flying, you don’t exactly look for a detailed description of who is pulling the trigger.

Eyewitness accounts are terrible. I told the story before about a high speed chase ending up in a crash right next to us when I was around 10. We got home 10 mins later, and I told dad about the crash of a silver Camaro. Mom says “no, it was a red truck.”

Bad IDs are the rule, not the exception. Add real stress/injury, and it’s even less reliable.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Pancho Negro said:

If you want to be an idiot and keep trying force yourself into thinking that's why I made the thread, then you go right ahead. 

I know its not like you have littered the board with racially charged posts in the past or anything. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

There is no "white people are evil" thread on this website that I created.  

I mentioned the race of the suspect because that's what was given by HCSO and abc13 as to who they were looking for in a suspect given by the mother. 

I'm not sure why you're overlooking this or what you believe your purpose is. No one said anyone was a racist yet here you are again trying to prove some sort of point. 

I have no doubt that you’re a smart guy. I’m smart too. Perhaps we should just leave it at that.

My offer still stands. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Eyewitness accounts are terrible. I told the story before about a high speed chase ending up in a crash right next to us when I was around 10. We got home 10 mins later, and I told dad about the crash of a silver Camaro. Mom says “no, it was a red truck.”

Bad IDs are the rule, not the exception. Add real stress/injury, and it’s even less reliable.

This. Understandably, defense attorneys historically have made circumstantial evidence a bogeyman, but in most cases it likely always was the better evidence. With scientific advances in the last 10 years if I was a juror I would be a lot more circumspect of eyewitness testimony than circumstantial evidence.

• Fuck You 1

The unfortunate thing about her description of the shooter, intentional or not, is that it stoked racial fires nationally and in Houston. It never would have made national news if the suspect hadn’t been described as white. That’s a fact. There also would not have been a hate whitey rally at the Walmart yesterday with all of the usually race baiting activists in attendance.

Now that we have the real suspects, let’s convict them and fry them.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

The unfortunate thing about her description of the shooter, intentional or not, is that it stoked racial fires nationally and in Houston. It never would have made national news if the suspect hadn’t been described as white. That’s a fact. There also would not have been a hate whitey rally at the Walmart yesterday with all of the usually race baiting activists in attendance.

GoFundMe page created the following day may have been different as well. The comments are insane. Almost $80k

https://www.gofundme.com/justice-for-my-daughter-jazmine

1546802944534.png
1546802811608.jpg
1546802763116.jpg
1546800067921.jpg
1546794924464.png

• Like 1

Haven't read the reports on the arrests. Did they confess? Hope there is a ton of other evidence besides the eyewitnesses. They are toast as witnesses. And am I right that the mother and another person helped with the composite drawing? If so, both of them thought the shooter was white?

18 minutes ago, Zavala said:

GoFundMe page created the following day may have been different as well. The comments are insane. Almost $80k

https://www.gofundme.com/justice-for-my-daughter-jazmine

Reveal hidden contents

1546802944534.png
1546802811608.jpg
1546802763116.jpg
1546800067921.jpg
1546794924464.png

I'm not a big fan of censorship, but Twitter should equally apply its censorship to pricks that exploit the death of a child to fan their racism and hate.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

53 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

While I don’t think it was a hate whitey rally and rather a let’s find who did this rally, I do 100% agree with this.

wasnt there a rally when that kid was stabbed walking home from school? (By a black guy) 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I admittedly didn't follow this story too closely but I didn't see the extensive coverage was due to the idea that a white guy killed a little black girl.  I thought it was mainly due to a little girl being killed in this manner.   

A child getting killed like this would’ve been a huge local story in Houston (or any other city), regardless of the originally reported race of the suspect. I doubt it wouldve gotten much national attention. The potential hate crime aspect of it is what pushed it over the top nationally.

• Like 2

Tragic and senseless death of a sweet little girl.  Makes me sick.  

I am not a huge fan of the death penalty in a lot of situations. But for crimes that fit the legal requirements and where there is no doubt of guilt, I’m a fan.  If there is. I doubt of guilt here, strap their ass to the gurney and do it quick. 

• Like 2

Funny how certain factions have went silent once the shooters ended up being black.

Also very weird that the victims family was so descriptive that he was white. I think they knew the people who did it and are hiding something.

This. Not much $$ to be made if they came out with a black perp right away. That said, I really hope the surviving victims truly thought the bad guys were white.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Funny how certain factions have went silent once the shooters ended up being black.

Also very weird that the victims family was so descriptive that he was white. I think they knew the people who did it and are hiding something.

It's entirely possible. 

Ed Gonzalez had his presser on this earlier today, but I was at the gym and couldn't here.  Saw something float across the twitters that he said something along the lines of trauma causing misinformation or something to that. 

I couldn't imagine them making it up since the they just lost a 7 year old.  But if so, then questions must be asked and answered. 

the family saw a white dude in a truck speeding away, hence probably why they named a white guy. 

the crazy part?  the tip that it was a black guy that did it came from Shaun King, who is known by some to be a "race baiter" so he's the one to tipped off HCSO about the guy who did it from the tip he received. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-shaun-king-tip/

Gonzalez said Sunday that one of King's tips "provided a much different angle to what we were initially looking at," alluding to the fact authorities initially said the suspect was a white man in his 40s driving a red pickup truck. Black is a 20-year-old African-American man. The white man in the red truck was likely just a witness, the sheriff told reporters.
Black was pulled over for not using his turn signal and was subsequently arrested for possessing marijuana, per an affidavit read in court. Investigators identified Black as one of two suspects an anonymous tipster said were involved in the shooting.

Edited by Pancho Negro
wasn't done before hitting submit

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Some of you guys here may be too young to remember Susan Smith. She killed her own children and told a story of a black guy kidnapping them during a carjacking. It was a lie to cover her own involvement in their deaths. 

Such stories play well with their intended audiences up to a point, much to the detriment of everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

the crazy part?  the tip that it was a black guy that did it came from Shaun King, who is known by some to be a "race baiter" so he's the one to tipped off HCSO about the guy who did it from the tip he received. 

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/jazmine-barnes-shaun-king-tip/

The crazier part — Shaun King is whiter than I am.  

• Like 7

The crazier part — Shaun King is whiter than I am.  
He's a fucking clown. His sole existence is to race bait. That's it. If he's the one who spread this shit, then fuck him.

But again, all those factions have moved on from this story. It's not longer the tragedy they once claimed. They use these deaths to spew their agenda they have. They don't give a shit about this Innocent little girl who died. It was always about the race angle.
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Some of you guys here may be too young to remember Susan Smith. She killed her own children and told a story of a black guy kidnapping them during a carjacking. It was a lie to cover her own involvement in their deaths. 

Such stories play well with their intended audiences up to a point, much to the detriment of everyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Smith

Susan Smith parallels popped into my head immediately. Unfortunately, from this evil hag to Andrea Yates, Darlie Routier, and the thousands of horrific mothers in the world, being a mother does not necessarily mean you love your kids or above reproach. Unlike the racists on social media, I'll reserve judgement until evidence comes out; but, I agree, the extremely specific descriptions by both mom and sister do seem suspicious given the new information. Eric Black Jr. is not even high yella, so two people mistaking him for a blue-eyed white guy that shot from his red truck in a hoodie seems a little odd at best. It would not be the first time someone has sought to use racism to hide or monetize their misdeeds. I hope that is not the case. But it will not stop the social media racists and haters to exploit tragedy the next time something happens. We an all take yet another lesson that it is a good idea to let facts emerge before calling the lynch mob.

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

breddy good collection of blue checks

Reveal hidden contents

1546813766461.jpg

1546813603702.jpg
1546813426010.jpg
1546813390522.jpg
1546813328494.jpg
1546813157286.jpg
1546813128901.jpg

I love Twitter. I looked the guy up, and his racist rants were readily available. One was censored and marked as "offensive content." Of course it was a guy presenting facts. Only on Twitter and the new Cloak Room are facts racist and racist rantings totally cool.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

It doesn't sound like the mom and sister were the only ones to think the suspect was a white guy. This story makes it sound like other bystanders did so as well:

Before Black's arrest, police released a sketch of the suspect described as a white man in his 40s, based on information from Jazmine's mother and three sisters. But Black is an African-American man, and another man who was arrested but has not been publicly identified is also black, Jazmine's mother told CNN affiliate KTRK.

At least four other witnesses also reported seeing someone in a red truck fire into Jazmine's car, Merritt said. Nevertheless, "the family was surprised and relieved by the arrest," he told CNN, regardless of the suspect's race.

"They wanted the right person to be convicted -- not a white person," he said. "This is the first opportunity they've been given to mourn. The family is entering a period of deep grieving."

While it may be difficult to understand the discrepancy, "it is imaginable that witnesses confused a fleeing bystander for the actual shooter," he later said on Twitter.

Police are still looking for the driver of the pickup truck as a witness to the event, Gonzalez said. Investigators believe the truck came to a traffic signal near the shooting and continued on to the freeway after the shooting.

"We still want that individual to come forward, as it appears this was a case of mistaken identity," Gonzalez said Sunday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/texas-jazmine-barnes-shooting-investigation/index.html

10 hours ago, bolverk said:

It doesn't sound like the mom and sister were the only ones to think the suspect was a white guy. This story makes it sound like other bystanders did so as well:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/texas-jazmine-barnes-shooting-investigation/index.html

Not that it's 100% similar since we still don't know the details in this case but several people in Ferguson witnessed Michael Brown with his hands up and pleading to not be shot. Of course that wound up being completely false. If Shaun King of all people is questioning the time lines then I'm sure a lot more info is about to come out.

• Like 2