NFC Wild Card - Eagles @ Bears

NowThis

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I used barnoculars on many occasions as an undergrad. Problem was they only held a pint. Started dating coeds with big purses that would hold a handle.

I salute your game bro, that's some MacGyver type thinking that can save a fan in a jam (or a pinch)..!

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He didn’t look too upset after the game. 

I know he made the practice kick, but i feel like in the back of his mind he knew he was missing that kick. He’s been arguably the worst kicker to not get cut at some point this year. A kicker with no confidence might as well just tell his coach Id rather not kick it and embarrass myself lol 

16 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

This this this. As a Bears fan, I say the coaches lost this game for us and to leave it in Parker’s hands....we all knew what was going to happen.

Also, maybe I’m missing something, but why the hell would you call that last timeout when you did? They should’ve clocked it and saved that for if they got sacked, or just save it till the last possible moment to get the closest fg. 

Also, maybe I’m missing something, but why the hell would you call that last timeout when you did? They should’ve clocked it and saved that for if they got sacked, or just save it till the last possible moment to get the closest fg. 

That’s when I knew we were doomed. We were running it well too. Could have gotten better field position. I think Nagy froze and couldn’t handle the pressure. I hope we won’t be one of those good regular season teams and shitty playoff teams and hope Nagy is not the next Marvin Lewis/Bill O’Brien.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Nobody with a shred of dignity or pride who's playing for anything tanks a game. That's for losers playing for draft picks.

Week 17, Rams were up 20 at halftime, rendering the Bears’ game meaningless for them seed-wise.  It actually made sense to play backups in the 2nd half. Resting starters isn’t tanking.

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

This this this. As a Bears fan, I say the coaches lost this game for us and to leave it in Parker’s hands....we all knew what was going to happen.

It' the cheapass ownership.  They wouldn't cut his ass because he had 9M or so guaranteed (also stupid)...

Growing up a Dallas fan and all those Super Bowls as a kid...then not a damn thing.  I guess I can live with it being that I'm not that big an NFL fan and it's always better to win when you're a kid when that shit actually means a lot to you...that being said Bears/Cowboys winning would have been pretty sweet. 

It’s still funny/sad to me how the bears traded so much draft capital just to move up one spot. Had they landed mahomes or Watson, it all would’ve been worth it. But instead, you draft trubisky.

Trubisky isn’t the reason why we lost. He was good enough. Let’s see how Mahomes handles his first playoff game.

It' the cheapass ownership.  They wouldn't cut his ass because he had 9M or so guaranteed (also stupid)...
Growing up a Dallas fan and all those Super Bowls as a kid...then not a damn thing.  I guess I can live with it being that I'm not that big an NFL fan and it's always better to win when you're a kid when that shit actually means a lot to you...that being said Bears/Cowboys winning would have been pretty sweet. 

Yep,cheap McCaskeys. Still shocked that we took on Mack’s contact.

8 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Week 17, Rams were up 20 at halftime, rendering the Bears’ game meaningless for them seed-wise.  It actually made sense to play backups in the 2nd half. Resting starters isn’t tanking.

Resting starters is one thing, intentionally losing a game so that you change your path thru the playoffs is a different matter. Letting a team into the playoffs, on purpose, because you think you will beat them the next time seems stupid to me. There's probably been someone who had it work out for them. 

Totally right. Bears are going to have so much dignity and pride sitting at home watching the divisional round. I'm sure they're smirking already just thinking about how stupid the Eagles must look. 
If you have to purposely lose games because a 9 win wild card team is too hard to beat, well maybe your team isn't worth a shit and you deserve to lose.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

How to do NFL games, (or polo events), right..? https://www.instagram.com/p/BsTmJehlNpX/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Around 2011 (or so), the Saturday final of the Argentina Polo Championship match in Palermo (an area of Buenos Aires) was rained out less than 60 seconds into the first of 8 chuckkas (periods), and the replay was scheduled for the following day, which was to be cool & damp, so rather than vino or vodka, I went with a peaty Scotch.

You can bring a Mate bag, with your yerba (loose leaf tea), mate (gourd or cup), and termo (thermos of hot water) and no one will give a shit, because it is a cultural thing and hundreds of these bags will come through the gates.

Soft Mate Bag . . . . . . . . . Typical Contents of Bag

Mate-Bag.jpgTermo-Bag-2.jpg

I brought 2 Termos and some 8oz plastic cups.

The Big Termo had nearly a liter of Scotch & the Small Termo had ice cubes. (Not Yerba, no Mate, no Bombilla- metal straw)

You can't even buy alcohol at professional soccer matches our concerts (featuring musicians vs DJs) in Argentina, because of the threat of violence among the middle & lower classes, but at polo matches you can sneak in a liter of liquor to drink before you attend the afterparty where FREE wine & booze samples are served, there is a Champagne bar that sells by the bottle and then other bars with bottles of wine, beers, & cocktails.

Polo Boozing is fucking buenisimo!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

Trubisky isn’t the reason why we lost. He was good enough. Let’s see how Mahomes handles his first playoff game.

He wasn’t necessarily the reason that you lost, but he did have several balls that should’ve been picked but hit the db drops it or it hits them in the facemask. The offense looked like shit for most of the game, but in the 4th quarter he put some drives together. I’ll give him that. 

All I was getting at was the fact that when you make a draft day trade like that, as the gm, that pick ABSOLUTELY can’t bust. He’s far from a bust, but the two qbs drafted immediately after him have have looked like future mvp candidates at times. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, ztejas said:
Totally right. Bears are going to have so much dignity and pride sitting at home watching the divisional round. I'm sure they're smirking already just thinking about how stupid the Eagles must look. 

If you have to purposely lose games because a 9 win wild card team is too hard to beat, well maybe your team isn't worth a shit and you deserve to lose.

I think it was more about getting to face Kirk cousins and the Vikings than it was about the eagles. There’s no doubt in my mind that the Kirk cousins we all know and love (especially is cowboys and eagles fans) would’ve looked like a deer in headlights tonight.

9 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Yeah they mismanaged the timeout/ clock situation badly. 

Resting starters is one thing, intentionally losing a game so that you change your path thru the playoffs is a different matter. Letting a team into the playoffs, on purpose, because you think you will beat them the next time seems stupid to me. There's probably been someone who had it work out for them. 

Well in the end, it worked out for chicago didnt it?

It's common sense. You just beat the shit out of the vikings in a vikings must win game in minnesota. There could not be more of a guarantee wild card win than bears vs vikings. But letting the super bowl champions in and then having them go toe to toe with you eventually beating you? Lol. I could tell the first drive where philly drove it down for 3, chicago regretted letting them in. Vikings got their first first down in the second quarter last week

Nagy shouldve rested everybody and used the most vanilla playbook ever. Do u think new Orleans is thrilled that philly is coming in or would they rather play dallas? I'd rather play dallas

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Around 2011 (or so), the Saturday final of the Argentina Polo Championship match in Palermo (an area of Buenos Aires) was rained out less than 60 seconds into the first of 8 chuckkas (periods), and the replay was scheduled for the following day, which was to be cool & damp, so rather than vino or vodka, I went with a peaty Scotch.

You can bring a Mate bag, with your yerba (loose leaf tea), mate (gourd or cup), and termo (thermos of hot water) and no one will give a shit, because it is a cultural thing and hundreds of these bags will come through the gates.

Soft Mate Bag . . . . . . . . . Typical Contents of Bag

Mate-Bag.jpgTermo-Bag-2.jpg

I brought 2 Termos and some 8oz plastic cups.

The Big Termo had nearly a liter of Scotch & the Small Termo had ice cubes. (Not Yerba, no Mate, no Bombilla- metal straw)

You can't even buy alcohol at professional soccer matches our concerts (featuring musicians vs DJs) in Argentina, because of the threat of violence among the middle & lower classes, but at polo matches you can sneak in a liter of liquor to drink before you attend the afterparty where FREE wine & booze samples are served, there is a Champagne bar that sells by the bottle and then other bars with bottles of wine, beers, & cocktails.

Polo Boozing is fucking buenisimo!

I need this in my life..!