Formula 1 2019

wood

Watching practice, the Merc and Ferrari both have some sort of screen placed in front of the driver (I assume) while sitting in the garage in the pit. Lesser cars only have the guy with the leaf blowers. 
Are these an A/C?  Cable Tv? Track Data?
Monitors with data. Afaik everyone has them. If you're not seeing them they just haven't been put down yet.
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 6:53 PM, MC Fresh Breath said:

As a long time lazy cord cutter, I subscribed to FI tv this season.

It's the Sky TV announcers, but every once in a while (it seems mainly during breaks) the visuals don't match up to say someone being interviewed.  As a whole, though, I find "Crofty" pretty entertaining.  It appears on Reddit that everyone hates him, so I might be too new to know why.

Anyway, the first weekend it sucked balls (lag, whole sections of practice cut out, e.t.c) but it seems they got enough complaints that overall I find it a pretty good experience.

I think it would be awesome if some bar somewhere in Austin opened during odd hours to all the F1 stuff, but it seems that only happens sometimes at COTA(?)

I think a lot of this is because posters on reddit are notoriously stupid.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, texas08 said:

if that happens to any other team, they're done....hamilton is right back in it....wild

The only motherfucker to crash, get stuck in the pit for a minute, and come back into the podium, and probably fight for a win.  Fucking merc

Edited by 52-80
with 2 penalties stacked on top of it.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, texas08 said:

Hulkenberg with a terrible attempt at a save there.....WTF dude...

Raikkonen saved it like a bad ass a lap or two before....

Exact same place as a few other dudes wasn't it?  Seems like once they got out of the track, into the standing puddle, it became unsaveable...maybe the elevation drop has to do with it

Yeah, the rain always makes things more exciting, the forecast they'd been talking about the past couple of days was why I knew I was watching this race even after Ferrari basically gifted Mercedes the front row lockout yesterday. It was refreshing to see that Hamilton is human, and Leclerc has to feel like an absolute sucker for crashing out even though he already knew that spot on the track was trouble after saving it once. Maybe Mercedes doesn't completely blow it if they're racing Ferrari again, because goodness knows that Ferrari is the one that always screws that battle up, but Ferrari could have had 2 podiums after starting 10 and 20 if he just kept it on track.

Stroll in 4th was also awesome to see.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:37 AM, Dutch said:

Netflix and F1 have confirmed a second season of "Drive to Survive" with all ten teams onboard.  Season 1 totally sucked me in to F1.  

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-drive-to-survive-to-return-to-netflix-next-year.2FTTMwLiLTxiMAmlQ7k8dE.html

Apparently this race was the one race they had access to Mercedes during.  Some producers somewhere are out of their heads with giddiness right now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Crazy that it's Kubica that gets them a point when he has been dominated by Russell all year with people just assuming he is going to lose that seat. 

Yeah I think Russell has probably outperformed him but it's really hard to judge either driver vs the rest of the field when they're stuck in those shitboxes. I like Russell, but I don't really understand what people are basing it on when they say he looks great. I think he may very likely be a star of the future, but it's hard to back that up with anything he's doing at Williams imho.

That was a lot of fun. The crowd when Hamilton went off was fun. It was amazing that so many went off at just about the same spot. Like we’ve all said it is so much more fun when different cars are in the mix.

i was finally impressed with Vettel this season, I guess really since last year before  Hockenheim.

i was at Hockenheim when Damon Hill went off and Schumacher won.  That was awesome.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, elfenix said:

As I'm watching: Merc's strategy call not pitting Lewis and serving the 5 seconds in lap 41 while everyone is going slow as fuck and putting on new inters is fucking regarded

Yep, both Hamilton and the team looked surprisingly fallible yesterday. Hamilton even complained about his tires right before he got to the pit entry. The only response he got was "copy that Lewis."

Amazing that Lance Stroll and Racing Point was the only driver/team who realized during the last safety car on intermediates (there was one more when everyone was on slicks) that the track was ready for slicks. Although to be fair others may have thought the same thing but Stroll had nothing to lose from his position.