The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

On 8/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, sushihorn said:

Here's a more comprehensive list of those missing from yesterday's practice.  It's Yuuuuge:

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/lsu-football/more-potential-starters-missing-from-lsus-practice-on-wednesday-august-7/84744148/

It's just a little labor dispute, there's nothing to see here. LSU didn't meet this month's payroll so some of the guys are a little less motivated than usual. Once the checks clear they'll be back in business.

• Like 1

It's just a little labor dispute, there's nothing to see here. LSU didn't meet this month's payroll so some of the guys are a little less motivated than usual. Once the checks clear they'll be back in business.

This is absolutely possible.

There's a comment towards the top of the section suggesting their staff is resting guys who are ahead in terms of playbook knowledge and conditioning. Because that's totally when you rest guys, including a bunch of freshmen and a projected impact player coming off an injury... Fall camp... For multiple days... After jusy a couple workouts.

I thought it was satire but it has eight up votes and a response in agreement. That's aggy level delusion.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, sushihorn said:

LSU plays in a conference full of primitive offenses that make an opposing D look good.  Things look a lot different when they run into competent, modern offenses.

Georgia was averaging 18.5 PPG before the bowl.  Texas put 28 on them even trying to run the clock out for most of the 2nd half.

Bama gave up 14.8 PPG.  OU scored 34 and Clemson 44 against them.

Mizzou's D averaged 24.4 PPG.  Okie Lite barely qualified for a bowl game.  The Cowboys had a 3-6 record in the Big XII and scored 38 points.

Vandy surrendered 25.1 PPG.  Like OSU, Baylor barely qualified and had a losing record in the Big XII.  The Bears put up 45 in the bowl.

Objectively, Big XII offenses were much better than those of the SEC in the 4 inter-conference bowl games.  Texas outscored UGa's average by 9.5 points.  OU went 19.2 points over Alabama's average.  OSU was a lower tier Big XII team and exceeded Missouri's average by 13.6 points.  Baylor another lower tier team from the Big XII beat Vandy's average defensive effort by 19.9 points.

On the flip side of the coin, Texas averaged 31.1 points scored with 28 vs Georgia.  IOW, the 2nd rated defense in the SEC was 3 points tougher than the average defense in the Big XII.  Alabama did manage to keep OU 15 points under their average but that average was so high that Bama looked merely above average, not utterly dominant as they did against the SEC's crap offenses.  OSU was right on their average so Mizzou performed like an average Big XII defense.  Finally Baylor was scoring 28.3 PPG coming into the bowl.  Vandy's D was 17 points worse than the average D in the Big XII.

When you look at actual outcomes, it's clear that any claim of tough defense in the SEC is the result of how bad the offenses are in that league.  The same defenses look MUCH worse when pitted against modern, well-coached offenses - even those with significantly less talent.  Put SEC teams through a Big XII schedule and I guarantee you that most of them would give up north of 30 PPG.  The proof is in the pudding even if it is a bitter pill for the SEC homers to swallow.

SEC and big xii played seven games last year. In only one did the big team score more than their conference game only avg. That was vs vandy.  horns and the SEC had six common opponents. In only one game did the ut "D" hold it's opponent to fewer pts than it's sec counterpart. 

In uts bowl game uga held them to below conference scoring avg. That was after giving horns possession on uga 22 was it. When punter caught snap with knee on ground. Didn't the dawgs fumble inside their own 30? Then on uga's second punt the guy shanks one out at midfield. All in the first quarter I believe.

This LSU "D" will be the best defense any of the ut football players have ever gone up against.  

Edited by 167back
  • Fuck You 13

7 minutes ago, 167back said:

SEC and big xii played seven games last year. In only one did the big team score more than their conference game only avg. That was vs vandy.  horns and the SEC had six common opponents. In only one game did the ut "D" hold it's opponent to fewer pts than it's sec counterpart. 

In uts bowl game uga held them to below conference scoring avg. That was after giving horns possession on uga 22 was it. When punter caught snap with knee on ground. Didn't the dawgs fumble inside their own 30? Then on uga's second punt the guy shanks one out at midfield. All in the first quarter I believe.

This LSU "D" will be the best defense any of the ut football players have ever gone up against.  

Is this English? I'm guessing you aren't a college grad. Maybe not even a high school grad. SEC!SEC!SEC!

You may have missed that we weren't trying to score most of the second half. We knew we had more points than Georgia was capable of scoring and coasted throughout the 4th Q. If you didn't notice that, you're a retard.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, 167back said:

I've always said some of the funniest people I've ever met come from Louisiana.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Unintentional comedy is the best comedy.

17 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Is this English? I'm guessing you aren't a college grad. Maybe not even a high school grad. SEC!SEC!SEC!

You may have missed that we weren't trying to score most of the second half. We knew we had more points than Georgia was capable of scoring and coasted throughout the 4th Q. If you didn't notice that, you're a retard.

He noticed, it just doesn't help his narrative.

28 minutes ago, 167back said:

Negged for confusing quotations and shit ass sentence structure. Also for being a complete idiot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 167back said:

You lost to Troy the year before last so spare us your best “D” ever bs.  

I may be wrong here but i think you also lost to ND the same year we beat them with a cake baker as a head coach.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

With any hiring practices I've been involved over the past decade, I require the team/company to exclude from the process any resumes from LSU. I've never encountered a competent employee with an LSU degree in their background. It has to be something below a Texas HS education. It wouldn't shock me if this dumb motherfucker was a doctoral candidate at that 3rd world shithole of a school and state.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2019 at 10:35 AM, closetojumping said:

Since the dawn of the Mack Brown era, Texas is 22-10 against the current SEC and 1-0 versus LSU. I hope they’re fucking ready, because the last 20 years, they’ve basically shown up about 31% of the time. 

On 2/11/2019 at 1:07 PM, Huckleberry said:

Hard to come up with a way where we haven't dominated the SEC unless you consider Vanderbilt the only SEC school.

AllTime Texas Record Against:

Current SEC Teams - 191-91-9 (.672 WPCT)
Except TAMU and MU - 97-48-4 (.664 WPCT)
Old 10 (remove South Carolina and Arkansas, too) - 41-25-4 (.614 WPCT)

Just surfacing some Texas vs SEC math for the dipshit(s) showing up to tell us how scared we're supposed to be. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

(narrator voice) He's a retard.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Let me get this straight. horns up 13 at half and think the game is over??? You really don't believe this do you? At the end, one score game and time on the clock anything is possible. 

"we weren't trying to score most of second half." and you are calling me retarded. Did the QB take a knee three straight downs then ut punted?

Was that the horns backups playing defense in the fourth quarter?

• Fuck You 8

52 minutes ago, 167back said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 167back said:

Let me get this straight. horns up 13 at half and think the game is over??? You really don't believe this do you? At the end, one score game and time on the clock anything is possible. 

"we weren't trying to score most of second half." and you are calling me retarded. Did the QB take a knee three straight downs then ut punted?

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and suppose you only to be a bit stubborn and slow. Texas showed a repeated pattern in 2018 of pounding opponents and then turtling to hold on to a lead with Uber-conservative play calling. It has been rehashed ad nauseum. Do some reading and minimize the confusion of your honest ignorance with wanton stupidity or deliberate disingenuity.

20 minutes ago, SDG said:

You lost to Troy the year before last so spare us your best “D” ever bs.  

I may be wrong here but i think you also lost to ND the same year we beat them with a cake baker as a head coach.  

It took a #10 ut team two OTs to beat a notre dame team that finished 4-8 in '16. LSU lost on last play of the game to a top 20 notre dame team that finished 10-3 in "17.

troy was a long time ago. Tigers are 16-4 since. Two of them were to either the #1 or #2 team in the country in the final rankings.

4 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I’m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and suppose you only to be a bit stubborn and slow. Texas showed a repeated pattern in 2018 of pounding opponents and then turtling to hold on to a lead with Uber-conservative play calling. It has been rehashed ad nauseum. Do some reading and minimize the confusion of your honest ignorance with wanton stupidity or deliberate disingenuity.

that's the kind of thinking that got Les Miles fired.  It almost backfired on the horns, right? One score game with time on clock anything is possible.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, 167back said:

It took a #10 ut team two OTs to beat a notre dame team that finished 4-8 in '16. LSU lost on last play of the game to a top 20 notre dame team that finished 10-3 in "17.

troy was a long time ago. Tigers are 16-4 since. Two of them were to either the #1 or #2 team in the country in the final rankings.

Ooh, recency limits. Great! Your conference scoring defense average over the last 260 days is 74.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 167back said:

Every single time a Tom Herman offense has lined up against a Dave Aranda defense, this same refrain has been cited as a gospel truth. We're still waiting for good ol' Dave to show up.

With the talent advantages LSU has enjoyed over the last decade, it does surprise me they haven't been better, but as the aggy game amply demonstrated, they simply haven't. TCU on a bad day is better coached, by far, even with much, much less talent.

50 minutes ago, 167back said:

I'm going to try ot answer this.  Or at least answer what my Moron to English translator spit out.  LSU won't be the best D Texas faces this season.  That would be the defense the offense practices against every day.

I just spot checked your claim enough to establish that it was BS.  In Big XII play Baylor averaged 24.4 points per game.  They scored 45 in the bowl.  Oklahoma State was at 33.8 PPG in conference.  38 against Mizzou.  I'd show you the data and the calculation but my dog would probably get more out of them.  Feel free to call your accountant and have him check the numbers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 167back said:

that's the kind of thinking that got Les Miles fired.  It almost backfired on the horns, right? One score game with time on clock anything is possible.

You are missing the point, whether deliberately I can’t say. The point was not that I like the practice— I do not. The point is that the practice is well-known and refuted what you were saying.

• Like 1

The entire "SEC plays great Defense" story is propagated by:

1) Circular reference of playing other shitty SEC Offenses

2) The latter part of season "Game vs Multi-directional-schools of the blind"

3) SEC selectively picking who to play in post season to maximize matchups

I am not saying that LSU doesn't have good athletes. I am not saying UT is going to whip LSU, what I will say is that if I was an LSU fan and I had seen what UT did to Georgia and Missouri in back to back years, had a large number of key players missing camp for days and was trying to install some whiz bang new offense that my Offensive line was not at all suited for, I might have a little less arrogance.

But please, keep sniffing your own SEC farts and telling yourself how great you are.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

With any hiring practices I've been involved over the past decade, I require the team/company to exclude from the process any resumes from LSU. I've never encountered a competent employee with an LSU degree in their background. It has to be something below a Texas HS education. It wouldn't shock me if this dumb motherfucker was a doctoral candidate at that 3rd world shithole of a school and state.

I have the same problem with Harvard grads.

Believe it or not, some of the most useless doctors on staff are often the Harvard-trained ones. Some combination of the crowd that wants to train there and the tendency of patients there to expect that Herr Doktor Professor (or at least a fellow) does the surgeries, I guess.

Jesus titty fucking Christ.  Why in the hell would Texas be scared of a defense that basically let aggy's inept offense score at will for 24 straight hours.  Just tell us now, before the slaughter is over, whether or not the corndogs really want to play this game.  Also, please don't lose to Georgia Southern and ruin this game for us.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jesus titty fucking Christ.  Why in the hell would Texas be scared of a defense that basically let aggy's inept offense score at will for 24 straight hours.  Just tell us now, before the slaughter is over, whether or not the corndogs really want to play this game.  Also, please don't lose to Georgia Southern and ruin this game for us.

giphy.gif

TAMU   1st  H21  14:01  Punt  H10  12:05     Punt  3--11  1:56    
TAMU   1st  H05  10:59  Punt  V00  06:31  TOUCHDOWN  10-95  4:28    
TAMU   1st  H25  00:48  Kickoff  V00  10:31  TOUCHDOWN  12-75  5:17    
TAMU   2nd  H31  05:30  Missed FG  V16  01:52  FIELD GOAL  8-53  3:38    
TAMU   3rd  H25  15:00  Kickoff  H27  13:57     Punt  3-2  1:03    
TAMU   3rd  H25  07:42  Kickoff  H25  07:16     Punt  3-0  0:26    
TAMU   3rd  V29  07:16  Fumble  V00  03:33  TOUCHDOWN  8-29  3:43    
TAMU   3rd  H24  01:26  Punt  H18  14:48     Punt  3--6  1:38    
TAMU   4th  H19  12:24  Punt  V42  10:12     Fumble  5-39  2:12    
TAMU   4th  H25  10:12  Kickoff  H24  08:41     Punt  3--1  1:31    
TAMU   4th  H25  06:41  Kickoff  V34  02:32     Downs  11-41  4:09    
TAMU   4th  H22  01:29  Punt  V00  00:00  TOUCHDOWN  12-78  1:29    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V06  15:00  FIELD GOAL  8-19  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V00  15:00  TOUCHDOWN  4-25  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V00  15:00  TOUCHDOWN  2-25  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V04  15:00  FIELD GOAL  7-21  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V00  15:00  TOUCHDOWN  5-25  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V00  15:00  TOUCHDOWN  1-25  0:00    
TAMU   OT   V25  15:00  Possession  V00  15:00  TOUCHDOWN  4-25  0:00    

Oh, yeah, that's some kind of defense.

Just devastating.

LMAO

Believe it or not, some of the most useless doctors on staff are often the Harvard-trained ones. Some combination of the crowd that wants to train there and the tendency of patients there to expect that Herr Doktor Professor (or at least a fellow) does the surgeries, I guess.

I actually wasn’t kidding. I’m 0’fer with hiring Harvard grads.

18 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

The entire "SEC plays great Defense" story is propagated by:

1) Circular reference of playing other shitty SEC Offenses

2) The latter part of season "Game vs Multi-directional-schools of the blind"

3) SEC selectively picking who to play in post season to maximize matchups

I am not saying that LSU doesn't have good athletes. I am not saying UT is going to whip LSU, what I will say is that if I was an LSU fan and I had seen what UT did to Georgia and Missouri in back to back years, had a large number of key players missing camp for days and was trying to install some whiz bang new offense that my Offensive line was not at all suited for, I might have a little less arrogance.

But please, keep sniffing your own SEC farts and telling yourself how great you are.

LSU scored more and gave up less VS uga. Does that mean tigers offense and defense were better than ut's last year? FOUR SEC teams scored more against mizzou than the horns.  Missouri St and Purdue did also.

what does it matter when a OOC game is scheduled? Twelve games is twelve games. Last year two of horns last three were TT and Kansas. Really tough competition there.

Out of the eight bowl games ( '18 season) the SEC played in that had options to pick teams. Only ONE involved a game where the SEC opponent finished higher ranked in their respective conference. That was KY ( #2 east) vs Penn ST ( #3 east) Wildcats won. 

• Fuck You 8

Those 2 turnovers were forced. Apparently one of the most dominant sec rushing teams cannot protect the ball vs a bunch of scrubs from Texas. I seem to recall they had 2 badass starters and they and a solid backup, and they all failed miserably.

I guess when your team got turnovers they were forced, from excellent play by the worlds best defense, but ours turnovers were just luck.

Talk about aggy. You hire their former DC, and their AD. You are wannabe aggy. Maybe you can hire Lucci to redo your shit tigerdropping/sec rant website while you make the transition.

• Like 1

LSU scored more and gave up less VS uga. Does that mean tigers offense and defense were better than ut's last year? FOUR SEC teams scored more against mizzou than the horns.  Missouri St and Purdue did also.
what does it matter when a OOC game is scheduled? Twelve games is twelve games. Last year two of horns last three were TT and Kansas. Really tough competition there.
Out of the eight bowl games ( '18 season) the SEC played in that had options to pick teams. Only ONE involved a game where the SEC opponent finished higher ranked in their respective conference. That was KY ( #2 east) vs Penn ST ( #3 east) Wildcats won. 

LSU only won because Georgia didn’t want to be there. They didn’t need the win to play in the sec title game.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 167back said:

In uts bowl game uga held them to below conference scoring avg. That was after giving horns possession on uga 22 was it. When punter caught snap with knee on ground. Didn't the dawgs fumble inside their own 30?

8 minutes ago, 167back said:

LSU scored more and gave up less VS uga. Does that mean tigers offense and defense were better than ut's last year?

So when Texas forces 2 turnovers they're just undeserved gifts.  But when LSU gets 5 turnovers that is evidence of how much better they are than UGa.  I understand perfectly now.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 167back said:

FOUR SEC teams scored more against mizzou than the horns.

Nobody thinks the 2017 Longhorn offense was great.  I notice you avoided talking about the 2017 defense and it's obvious why.  Based on the MU results, that Longhorn D was approximately twice as strong as Georgia and 3x stronger than Florida.  Just keep throwing up red herrings and softballs.

37 minutes ago, 167back said:

FOUR SEC teams scored more against mizzou than the horns.  Missouri St and Purdue did also.

SIX SEC teams allowed more points to Missouri than Texas. 

EIGHT SEC teams allowed more points to Georgia than Texas. 

In Texas's last two games against SEC teams, the Longhorn defense has allowed fewer points to the opponent than FOURTEEN OUT OF SEVENTEEN SEC opponents. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, 167back said:

I was there, dumbfuck We ran an SEC-style offense most of the second half. That is, slow and shitty. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 167back said:

I wonder if this is his take on the 2010 national title game

4 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

SIX SEC teams allowed more points to Missouri than Texas. 

EIGHT SEC teams allowed more points to Georgia than Texas. 

In Texas's last two games against SEC teams, the Longhorn defense has allowed fewer points to the opponent than FOURTEEN OUT OF SEVENTEEN SEC opponents. 

My comment about Mizzou and ut was in direct regards to the Mizzou "D" and the horns "O". Your response was about Mizzou  "O" and ut "D". They don't correlate. 

As for your comment about ut/uga. LSU scored more and gave up less than the horns. Simple as that. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, 167back said:

My comment about Mizzou and ut was in direct regards to the Mizzou "D" and the horns "O". Your response was about Mizzou  "O" and ut "D". They don't correlate. 

As for your comment about ut/uga. LSU scored more and gave up less than the horns. Simple as that. 

heheheh you let aggy score 70+ points on you with the state of Texas' second-best players and a Neanderthal offense and you're coming over here to talk shit.

Your offense is installing a fancy new spread. We've seen how awesome that can work if you're the only team running it (Manziel-era A&M, Pinkel's Mizzou, Brohm's Purdue), but we play spread offenses every week. Some, like OU, have amazing talent. We still beat them.

6 hours ago, sushihorn said:

I'm going to try ot answer this.  Or at least answer what my Moron to English translator spit out.  LSU won't be the best D Texas faces this season.  That would be the defense the offense practices against every day.

I just spot checked your claim enough to establish that it was BS.  In Big XII play Baylor averaged 24.4 points per game.  They scored 45 in the bowl.  Oklahoma State was at 33.8 PPG in conference.  38 against Mizzou.  I'd show you the data and the calculation but my dog would probably get more out of them.  Feel free to call your accountant and have him check the numbers.

My bad. You're right. What I meant to put was scoring avg for the season not conference only. So it's only one big xii team scored above their season avg VS SEC opponents.

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Every single time a Tom Herman offense has lined up against a Dave Aranda defense, this same refrain has been cited as a gospel truth. We're still waiting for good ol' Dave to show up.

With the talent advantages LSU has enjoyed over the last decade, it does surprise me they haven't been better, but as the aggy game amply demonstrated, they simply haven't. TCU on a bad day is better coached, by far, even with much, much less talent.

Saw that somewhere else on here. Could you please enlighten me as to when and where did aranda and hermann go head to head? 

The only thing I can tell you about TCU is LSU scored 37 on them in '13 which was the last time they play. Second most points horned frogs gave up all season. Only baylor put up more.

• Fuck You 5

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

Those 2 turnovers were forced. Apparently one of the most dominant sec rushing teams cannot protect the ball vs a bunch of scrubs from Texas. I seem to recall they had 2 badass starters and they and a solid backup, and they all failed miserably.

I guess when your team got turnovers they were forced, from excellent play by the worlds best defense, but ours turnovers were just luck.

Talk about aggy. You hire their former DC, and their AD. You are wannabe aggy. Maybe you can hire Lucci to redo your shit tigerdropping/sec rant website while you make the transition.

Slow your roll dude. No need to get a heart attack. All I said was horns recovered a fumble inside uga 30.  Never said they just dropped it. How bout this.  Great play by horns "D". On a SLOBERKNOCKER of a hit by a horns defender dawgs lose the ball and horns recover deep in uga territory. GREAT play by that awesome UT "D". Does that make you feel better.  

Other two comments about the punter was all on the PUNTER. Nothing horns did played a part in either play.

• Fuck You 6