Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

So there are transcripts/audio of Hamm begging FWK to not let Demas commit. 

WTH are we waiting on? 

https://twitter.com/footwork_king1/status/1043710169908224000

https://twitter.com/Bigoilmoney10/status/1043993643055493121

You really think this guy had to begged by Hamm?  He's a part of the side pulling Demas toward aggy.  Uncle Foot Fetish is as dirty as Hamm, he may provide "rides" and help, but let's see how much he would do for those kids if there was no financial incentive.  He's an Uncle who runs cone drills. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Only OU would put a game against a service academy on Pay Per View. Of course the national media could care less. Could you imagine the world wide back lash if Texas did exactly the same thing? 

Actually we do a couple of times a year. We call it LHN. Maybe next time the blow-boyz want to go PPV, we offer them LHN coverage. Who'd care if Galindo sucked then.

9 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

I can’t tell much about Owens’ ball skills on tape, but he definitely closes on ballcarriers and has straight-line speed. Seems to have bad intent once he arrives. Looks like a lot for coaches to work with.

These are the kind of guys Patterson has made a killing on.  Hopefully he commits because he's a better athlete than any of the TCU guys.  Quite the lump of clay to work with. 

48 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Cine is OVing to Georgia this weekend. We'll see what they decide to do.

Of note, the top 4 safeties in the state of Georgia are committed to OOS schools.

I read something awhile back questioning how high we were on Cine. It is obvious that we would take him even after Owens, but I don't feel like he is a need. We do need corners, though. Caldwell and Watson aren't slam dunks.

I'm still not a huge fan of this class because I think we are building the team wrong. I think we need to build from the trenches out and instead we seem to be filling up on WRs and DBs.

What is the latest on the DL from Hawaii? Has he visited Washington yet?

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I read something awhile back questioning how high we were on Cine. It is obvious that we would take him even after Owens, but I don't feel like he is a need. We do need corners, though. Caldwell and Watson aren't slam dunks.

I'm still not a huge fan of this class because I think we are building the team wrong. I think we need to build from the trenches out and instead we seem to be filling up on WRs and DBs.

You know they want the linemen.  One issue is kids usually commit on their timelines and not the coaches. Another issue seems to be the staff as configured is better at closing on the skill players. It’s been touched on here a time or two.  

Last year it got mitigated. This year, we’ll see but as of now they’ve missed on more than they’ve gotten. 

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Agree that this class will really only be completed with some good DL (assuming we hold onto the OL we get and maybe add a juco or late-riser) and a power RB.  But we still have a ton of room in this class to fill out those positions.

This staff really seems to like evaluating late risers on the line, and their evaluations have been really good so far.  As long as we keep up the practice of identifying and landing those good late risers, I'm all for leaving spots for them and filling out our OL/DL class with guys like that.

• Like 2

IT Inside Scoop

By: Justin Wells, Joe Cook, and Eric Nahlin

The buzz around the 40 Acres is real after Texas knocked off another ranked opponent on Saturday fin DKR. Diving into team news/notes + recruits react to the win over TCU and overall vibe UT is displaying in the first month of the 2018 season. Tons of quotes in this week's Scoop.

TEAM 

It was a long time coming, but this team is finally seeing what it feels like to win games against quality opponents.

It reminds me of what one college coach told me last season, "Texas players are entirely different when they have confidence." That spoke to a long-term problem of UT being mentally soft and is something Tom Herman and Yancy McKnight knew they needed to fix immediately. They were on opposite sidelines while at Iowa State and saw the frail Texas psyche first hand. That's the main reason Herman arrived at Texas ready to deconstruct rather than build.

Something else that needed fixing was depth. Charlie Strong's first class left Herman a lot to work with but there were still gaps in the roster. Herman's rebuild is much more than the 2018 class, but we're seeing that serve as his version of the 2015 class.

Depth was on full display on Saturday so I had to catch up with the source who led me to this conclusion in August:

Ta'Quon Graham, Gerald Wilbon, and Marqez Bimage are not an exaggerated drop off from the starters. Graham is more athletic and stronger (at least in the weight room) than Charles Omenihu. Wilbon is similar in build and ability to Chris Nelson -- though not quite as disruptive. And Bimage has a great burst off the edge like Breckyn Hager. Both Graham and Bimage registered sacks against the first team offensive line.

Said my guy, "That was something to see on Saturday. They subbed in Graham early because he's the 4th guy, they basically see him as a starter. Then they gave Wilbon and Bimage time. After they got those guys in the flow of the game, they just subbed the whole defensive line at once. Playing your depth early helps you late. We saw that pay off Saturday, and you'll probably see it pay off this week too."

I don't want to take the focus away from this year, but we were just talking and the natural flow of conversation led to next year. "They're going to have some good problems on defense. Starters will probably be the back-ups this year, but the X-factor is Malcolm Roach. Two things: I think his foot was hurt for a while but that's speculation. He didn't look like his old self. Maybe that's weight, but his weight has always fluctuated and he's not fat, just a big, old, strong country boy. The other thing is I don't think he wants to play on the defensive line."

I interjected and said he better learn to love it because that's going to be his source of income. He needs the time there before the NFL.

"True, that's where he needs to play but I'm not sure he wants to play it. At B-backer, you have McCulloch and Ossai who will be more than ready to play next year. He's going to be so good, McCulloch would have to work hard to keep him off the field. Ossai is impressive in the weight room, as well as on and off the field. Just a highly motivated young man."

I chimed in that McCulloch will likely be needed at Mac or maybe Rover.

"And since Ossai will be ready, there's a good chance they'll do that. Shark is smart and we know he can play. They're going to need a veteran back there with Delly and De'Gabriel Floyd. McCulloch offers some flexibility. Orlando will figure all that out."

And the secondary...I'm beginning to wonder if Brandon Jones goes pro, not that I've heard anything. He's had a really good year. "I haven't heard anything either. You know the agents will send their runners if they haven't already. The crazy thing is they'll be okay if he does leave. Hopefully he doesn't. He's the bridge between the older and younger guys -- he's been big for cohesion. But they'd just put Foster right there if he did leave. Or BJ could stay at Joker."

Thompson at nickel, "Just needs to be more consistent for the coaches liking. He's going to be good but that's another position Foster could find himself. BJ's a freak, man."

Then there's DeMarvion Overshown who will return to practice this week. "Like I said, good problems to have. I don't think he should move to linebacker just yet." I replied, "I'd just let the weight come naturally for him and keep him at Joker. They'll probably be able to base out of that next year with the way the safeties tackle.

Corner may have some drop-off, but maybe not. "Washington will bring them along. Cook will play for Boyd and he'll be more consistent. Boyce and Green will compete to replace Davis."

LEWIS CINE

With the 2019 four-star Trinity Christian (Cedar Hill) safety making it to Austin on Saturday, his recruitment became a little more interesting. At one point last week it appeared he would not visit Texas again before deciding in October, but that turned on a dime after he canceled his Michigan OV.

I'm not sure a safety prospect could have attended a better game to see what his future may hold than the one on Saturday. Caden Sterns and Brandon Jones were dominant, and BJ Foster played well too.

"The defense and secondary were all over the ball and the crowd was wildddd, that's what stood out." He said he took note of how Sterns and Foster were being used.

Cine would likely fill Jones' role if he picks Texas. He's scheduled to visit Georgia and Florida in the coming weeks. I'd probably pick Georgia for him , if they take him, but Texas and Craig Naivar are working hard.

VERNON BROUGHTON

When I first saw the then Spring Woods defensive end's sophomore highlights, I was smitten after just a play or two. The size and explosiveness were evident and it was clear he was a big-time prospect, even if he is rated a three-star by 247 (four-star by composite). Texas liked him early and despite being more prudent with offers than other schools extended an offer.

Fast forward to present time and Broughton is up 15 pounds from the 250 he carried last year, but he still moves incredibly well. After watching him for a half, in which he brought consistent effort and pressure, I think he'll be in the conversation for being a five-star and will undoubtedly be a top 100 national player.

I sat with his mother, Yolanda Wells-Broughton, for that half. She has a rather interesting story. The single mother of three has been a college basketball coach for years. Stops included LSU and TCU, but she was tired of the road and being away from her children who stayed with their grandmother.

Vernon's move to Cy Ridge was so he was on the same academic calendar as his siblings. As you can tell, family is important and this became obvious when I asked her a hypothetical: What if he likes a school that's far away, like Stanford? I use Stanford purposefully because what parent doesn't want their child to go there? "Oh, I hope he doesn't want to go that far!"

With his mother's background, that included playing basketball at Grambling State, it's no wonder Vernon's first love was on the hardwood. His mother, smart lady that she is, encouraged him to give football another chance and Broughton has taken to it like a fish to water.

At 265-270 pounds, he's good off the ball, but what sticks out is his mobility and bend. He reminds me some of Solomon Thomas. The former Coppell, turned Stanford star and first round draft pick, was a player you'd appreciate more in person than on tape. Fluidity isn't the most common attribute in the big boys, yet Thomas had it and so too does Broughton, while being two inches taller.

The Broughton's loved the trip to Austin for the USC game. They felt welcomed and loved the environment. While I feel it's far too early to predict he'll end up at Texas, I could easily see that materializing if he likes the staff half as much as it likes him.

One aspect to watch here is Vernon's younger sister, Asia, who is a 2021 basketball player in her mother's image. She already holds a handful of offers and is receiving UT and Houston interest.

MARCUS WASHINGTON

Just a few months ago, it seemed the four-star receiver was Ohio State bound.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pounder from Trinity Catholic in St. Louis was about to be a Buckeye. Then the Buckeyes WR coach Zach Smith’s twisted world came to light and the Washingtons decided to slow things down.

Back up six months....Texas starts sending coaches to the popular St. Louis private school when they see the amount of D1s produced there. Shammond Cooper, Washington, Mookie Cooper, Jean St. John; the list grows by the class. UT’s staff begins building a relationship and marking its territory. Then Mookie visits.

Now, the prospects at the small Missouri school know all about Austin, including senior Marcus Washington. And despite being a solid tOSU lean at the time, Texas continues to push because they like what they see.

Fast forward two weeks ago when Washington and his father, Nu-Nu, trip to the ATX for UT’s battle with Southern Cal. “Incredible” happens. The family thoroughly enjoys the Texas experience with the players' parents and coaching staff. Everything Mookie described was legit.

After last weekend watching Georgia beat Missouri, Marcus continues to narrow down his schools. His dad is a huge help.

“He’s a good kid and I couldn’t be more proud of him and his accomplishments," said Mr. Washington, whose son holds 20+ offers and was a participant at Nike's The Opening last June.

As for the recruiting process, some enjoy it, some don’t. From talking to Mr. Washington, you can tell there’s good and bad sides to it. Ultimately he just wants what’s best for his son.

There’s also the Mookie Factor. The electric 2020 scoring machine loves Texas. The City of Austin has made quite the impression on Cooper, and he doesn’t waste time filling in his high school teammates of the virtues of the 40 Acres.

Nu-Nu, a professed Kansas fan, was once an elite high school football and basketball player. But injuries cut his career short.

“Don’t feel bad for me,” Mr. Washington said. “It had to happen. All I know is my kids will have a much better life than me.”

That’s pretty much what all parents want for their children. Nu-Nu is no different. The pride in which he speaks of his son is easily detectable.

“He’s a hard-working, self-motivated student of the game now," Mr. Washington said. "Now he’s starting to understand what it takes to make it in this business so his focus is getting much better. Whatever school he goes to won’t regret getting him. And he’s learning the importance of film study.”

The Washingtons tripped to Columbia (MO) last weekend for a visit and to watch Georgia-Mizzou.

They enjoyed the trip, and the home state Tigers will be in it until the end. But right now, it’s relatively safe to say Texas has the early edge.

They want to try and catch Texas-OU from Fair Park in two weeks. Not bad for a kid most UT fans didn't pay attention to until recently. With the C/O 2019 needing at least two outside receivers, Washington is a natural fit. Especially if Collin Johnson and LJH keep playing at their current pace.

POST-TCU RECRUITING 

For two weeks in a row, Texas and it’s fans have packed DKR and come away with back-to-back wins over ranked opponents - USC and TCU - for the first time since 2008. It’s only natural recruits are taking notice.

“It was a great experience,” said Landon Jackson, elite DE from Pleasant Grove. “Texas is always good to me when I go up there. The atmosphere there was great and there were so many people. The atmosphere and the tradition that they have are incredible, and the facilities there are amazing.”

Once thought to be a strong Aggie lean, he put that rumor to bed.

“I never really prefered A&M," said Jackson. "It’s always been UT, Arkansas, and A&M. I could see myself playing at Texas. I feel like UT is about to get back to the same winning tradition they used to have.”

For the second consecutive week, the state’s top WR prospect, Demond Demas of North Forest, was on the 40 Acres. Austin is growing on the A&M verbal.

“It was fun again,” said Demas. “I had a lot fun with the players and coaches. The atmosphere. It’s all love down here.”

When your big brother is making a large impression in his first season, Carthage ATH and relative of Keaontay Ingram, Kelvontay Dixon doesn’t want to miss that show. That’s three straight weeks in the state capitol.

“That Texas win was a great win,” said Dixon. “A team win. Everybody contributing. It’s just a big family here.

The crowd, intensity, atmosphere...What really stood out?

“When Collin Johnson made that catch,” said Dixon.

Well said.

Then there’s the Texas pledge, Roschon Johnson.

“The atmosphere and the overall fight of the team really stood out,” said Johnson. “It feels great knowing I can call this place (Austin) home.”

Johnson brought his four-star offensive tackle, Jaylen Garth with him.

“Good things happen when Port Neches-Groves invades UT,” Johnson said.

His 2020 teammate, Jaylen Garth, is in the top tier of a loaded in-state OL class. So forgive him if he focused mainly on the offensive line.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, satyanash said:

IT Inside Scoop

Reveal hidden contents

By: Justin Wells, Joe Cook, and Eric Nahlin

The buzz around the 40 Acres is real after Texas knocked off another ranked opponent on Saturday fin DKR. Diving into team news/notes + recruits react to the win over TCU and overall vibe UT is displaying in the first month of the 2018 season. Tons of quotes in this week's Scoop.

TEAM 

It was a long time coming, but this team is finally seeing what it feels like to win games against quality opponents.

It reminds me of what one college coach told me last season, "Texas players are entirely different when they have confidence." That spoke to a long-term problem of UT being mentally soft and is something Tom Herman and Yancy McKnight knew they needed to fix immediately. They were on opposite sidelines while at Iowa State and saw the frail Texas psyche first hand. That's the main reason Herman arrived at Texas ready to deconstruct rather than build.

Something else that needed fixing was depth. Charlie Strong's first class left Herman a lot to work with but there were still gaps in the roster. Herman's rebuild is much more than the 2018 class, but we're seeing that serve as his version of the 2015 class.

Depth was on full display on Saturday so I had to catch up with the source who led me to this conclusion in August:

Ta'Quon Graham, Gerald Wilbon, and Marqez Bimage are not an exaggerated drop off from the starters. Graham is more athletic and stronger (at least in the weight room) than Charles Omenihu. Wilbon is similar in build and ability to Chris Nelson -- though not quite as disruptive. And Bimage has a great burst off the edge like Breckyn Hager. Both Graham and Bimage registered sacks against the first team offensive line.

Said my guy, "That was something to see on Saturday. They subbed in Graham early because he's the 4th guy, they basically see him as a starter. Then they gave Wilbon and Bimage time. After they got those guys in the flow of the game, they just subbed the whole defensive line at once. Playing your depth early helps you late. We saw that pay off Saturday, and you'll probably see it pay off this week too."

I don't want to take the focus away from this year, but we were just talking and the natural flow of conversation led to next year. "They're going to have some good problems on defense. Starters will probably be the back-ups this year, but the X-factor is Malcolm Roach. Two things: I think his foot was hurt for a while but that's speculation. He didn't look like his old self. Maybe that's weight, but his weight has always fluctuated and he's not fat, just a big, old, strong country boy. The other thing is I don't think he wants to play on the defensive line."

I interjected and said he better learn to love it because that's going to be his source of income. He needs the time there before the NFL.

"True, that's where he needs to play but I'm not sure he wants to play it. At B-backer, you have McCulloch and Ossai who will be more than ready to play next year. He's going to be so good, McCulloch would have to work hard to keep him off the field. Ossai is impressive in the weight room, as well as on and off the field. Just a highly motivated young man."

I chimed in that McCulloch will likely be needed at Mac or maybe Rover.

"And since Ossai will be ready, there's a good chance they'll do that. Shark is smart and we know he can play. They're going to need a veteran back there with Delly and De'Gabriel Floyd. McCulloch offers some flexibility. Orlando will figure all that out."

And the secondary...I'm beginning to wonder if Brandon Jones goes pro, not that I've heard anything. He's had a really good year. "I haven't heard anything either. You know the agents will send their runners if they haven't already. The crazy thing is they'll be okay if he does leave. Hopefully he doesn't. He's the bridge between the older and younger guys -- he's been big for cohesion. But they'd just put Foster right there if he did leave. Or BJ could stay at Joker."

Thompson at nickel, "Just needs to be more consistent for the coaches liking. He's going to be good but that's another position Foster could find himself. BJ's a freak, man."

Then there's DeMarvion Overshown who will return to practice this week. "Like I said, good problems to have. I don't think he should move to linebacker just yet." I replied, "I'd just let the weight come naturally for him and keep him at Joker. They'll probably be able to base out of that next year with the way the safeties tackle.

Corner may have some drop-off, but maybe not. "Washington will bring them along. Cook will play for Boyd and he'll be more consistent. Boyce and Green will compete to replace Davis."

LEWIS CINE

With the 2019 four-star Trinity Christian (Cedar Hill) safety making it to Austin on Saturday, his recruitment became a little more interesting. At one point last week it appeared he would not visit Texas again before deciding in October, but that turned on a dime after he canceled his Michigan OV.

I'm not sure a safety prospect could have attended a better game to see what his future may hold than the one on Saturday. Caden Sterns and Brandon Jones were dominant, and BJ Foster played well too.

"The defense and secondary were all over the ball and the crowd was wildddd, that's what stood out." He said he took note of how Sterns and Foster were being used.

Cine would likely fill Jones' role if he picks Texas. He's scheduled to visit Georgia and Florida in the coming weeks. I'd probably pick Georgia for him , if they take him, but Texas and Craig Naivar are working hard.

VERNON BROUGHTON

When I first saw the then Spring Woods defensive end's sophomore highlights, I was smitten after just a play or two. The size and explosiveness were evident and it was clear he was a big-time prospect, even if he is rated a three-star by 247 (four-star by composite). Texas liked him early and despite being more prudent with offers than other schools extended an offer.

Fast forward to present time and Broughton is up 15 pounds from the 250 he carried last year, but he still moves incredibly well. After watching him for a half, in which he brought consistent effort and pressure, I think he'll be in the conversation for being a five-star and will undoubtedly be a top 100 national player.

I sat with his mother, Yolanda Wells-Broughton, for that half. She has a rather interesting story. The single mother of three has been a college basketball coach for years. Stops included LSU and TCU, but she was tired of the road and being away from her children who stayed with their grandmother.

Vernon's move to Cy Ridge was so he was on the same academic calendar as his siblings. As you can tell, family is important and this became obvious when I asked her a hypothetical: What if he likes a school that's far away, like Stanford? I use Stanford purposefully because what parent doesn't want their child to go there? "Oh, I hope he doesn't want to go that far!"

With his mother's background, that included playing basketball at Grambling State, it's no wonder Vernon's first love was on the hardwood. His mother, smart lady that she is, encouraged him to give football another chance and Broughton has taken to it like a fish to water.

At 265-270 pounds, he's good off the ball, but what sticks out is his mobility and bend. He reminds me some of Solomon Thomas. The former Coppell, turned Stanford star and first round draft pick, was a player you'd appreciate more in person than on tape. Fluidity isn't the most common attribute in the big boys, yet Thomas had it and so too does Broughton, while being two inches taller.

The Broughton's loved the trip to Austin for the USC game. They felt welcomed and loved the environment. While I feel it's far too early to predict he'll end up at Texas, I could easily see that materializing if he likes the staff half as much as it likes him.

One aspect to watch here is Vernon's younger sister, Asia, who is a 2021 basketball player in her mother's image. She already holds a handful of offers and is receiving UT and Houston interest.

MARCUS WASHINGTON

Just a few months ago, it seemed the four-star receiver was Ohio State bound.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pounder from Trinity Catholic in St. Louis was about to be a Buckeye. Then the Buckeyes WR coach Zach Smith’s twisted world came to light and the Washingtons decided to slow things down.

Back up six months....Texas starts sending coaches to the popular St. Louis private school when they see the amount of D1s produced there. Shammond Cooper, Washington, Mookie Cooper, Jean St. John; the list grows by the class. UT’s staff begins building a relationship and marking its territory. Then Mookie visits.

Now, the prospects at the small Missouri school know all about Austin, including senior Marcus Washington. And despite being a solid tOSU lean at the time, Texas continues to push because they like what they see.

Fast forward two weeks ago when Washington and his father, Nu-Nu, trip to the ATX for UT’s battle with Southern Cal. “Incredible” happens. The family thoroughly enjoys the Texas experience with the players' parents and coaching staff. Everything Mookie described was legit.

After last weekend watching Georgia beat Missouri, Marcus continues to narrow down his schools. His dad is a huge help.

“He’s a good kid and I couldn’t be more proud of him and his accomplishments," said Mr. Washington, whose son holds 20+ offers and was a participant at Nike's The Opening last June.

As for the recruiting process, some enjoy it, some don’t. From talking to Mr. Washington, you can tell there’s good and bad sides to it. Ultimately he just wants what’s best for his son.

There’s also the Mookie Factor. The electric 2020 scoring machine loves Texas. The City of Austin has made quite the impression on Cooper, and he doesn’t waste time filling in his high school teammates of the virtues of the 40 Acres.

Nu-Nu, a professed Kansas fan, was once an elite high school football and basketball player. But injuries cut his career short.

“Don’t feel bad for me,” Mr. Washington said. “It had to happen. All I know is my kids will have a much better life than me.”

That’s pretty much what all parents want for their children. Nu-Nu is no different. The pride in which he speaks of his son is easily detectable.

“He’s a hard-working, self-motivated student of the game now," Mr. Washington said. "Now he’s starting to understand what it takes to make it in this business so his focus is getting much better. Whatever school he goes to won’t regret getting him. And he’s learning the importance of film study.”

The Washingtons tripped to Columbia (MO) last weekend for a visit and to watch Georgia-Mizzou.

They enjoyed the trip, and the home state Tigers will be in it until the end. But right now, it’s relatively safe to say Texas has the early edge.

They want to try and catch Texas-OU from Fair Park in two weeks. Not bad for a kid most UT fans didn't pay attention to until recently. With the C/O 2019 needing at least two outside receivers, Washington is a natural fit. Especially if Collin Johnson and LJH keep playing at their current pace.

POST-TCU RECRUITING 

For two weeks in a row, Texas and it’s fans have packed DKR and come away with back-to-back wins over ranked opponents - USC and TCU - for the first time since 2008. It’s only natural recruits are taking notice.

“It was a great experience,” said Landon Jackson, elite DE from Pleasant Grove. “Texas is always good to me when I go up there. The atmosphere there was great and there were so many people. The atmosphere and the tradition that they have are incredible, and the facilities there are amazing.”

Once thought to be a strong Aggie lean, he put that rumor to bed.

“I never really prefered A&M," said Jackson. "It’s always been UT, Arkansas, and A&M. I could see myself playing at Texas. I feel like UT is about to get back to the same winning tradition they used to have.”

For the second consecutive week, the state’s top WR prospect, Demond Demas of North Forest, was on the 40 Acres. Austin is growing on the A&M verbal.

“It was fun again,” said Demas. “I had a lot fun with the players and coaches. The atmosphere. It’s all love down here.”

When your big brother is making a large impression in his first season, Carthage ATH and relative of Keaontay Ingram, Kelvontay Dixon doesn’t want to miss that show. That’s three straight weeks in the state capitol.

“That Texas win was a great win,” said Dixon. “A team win. Everybody contributing. It’s just a big family here.

The crowd, intensity, atmosphere...What really stood out?

“When Collin Johnson made that catch,” said Dixon.

Well said.

Then there’s the Texas pledge, Roschon Johnson.

“The atmosphere and the overall fight of the team really stood out,” said Johnson. “It feels great knowing I can call this place (Austin) home.”

Johnson brought his four-star offensive tackle, Jaylen Garth with him.

“Good things happen when Port Neches-Groves invades UT,” Johnson said.

His 2020 teammate, Jaylen Garth, is in the top tier of a loaded in-state OL class. So forgive him if he focused mainly on the offensive line.

Love that Landon Jackson quote.

Hopefully this is just a timing issue. They are having more success with WR and DB right now than in the trenches. I don’t think they are trying to take a disproportionate amount of positions outside the trenches. They just didn’t get the first choices and now have to look closer at the next group before locking them down.

Just now, Goodman said:

EJ is the only one i've seen talking up Cine, he's the next Tisdale type talent for EJ. 

Cine's rating is actually a perception problem for him - if he had Marcus Tillman's ranking everyone would be calling him a total steal and wildly underranked. Instead he just gets a lot of "psh, overrated", even though he's still really good.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB now saying the silent commit will announce today. Referring to the most recent "shh".

On the silent from a month or two ago: "The old one is apparently working with Steven Spielberg on a commitment video"

Haha they're (at this point, rightfully) salty he's not doing his video with them.

Honestly given their level of quality I don't know why you'd go anywhere else as a recruit. Dele's was the raddest commit video of the year.

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB now saying the silent commit will announce today. Referring to the most recent "shh".

On the silent from a month or two ago: "The old one is apparently working with Steven Spielberg on a commitment video"

Heartening that our $9.95 guys haven't spilt the beans on these yet.

39 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don't think the sequence of commitments has anything to do with priority of need. Ironically, success early on makes us impatient about success later in the process.