Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

That’s funny and all, but GP lives in a glass house. If he wants to throw rocks, maybe he wouldn’t mind if some of his divorce dirt started creeping out. Maybe he and Zach Smith can start spending time hanging out. Arrogant asshole. 

I’ve heard the same from some people very close to the divorce. Like, they couldn’t be much closer. Your story absolutely checks out. I can’t believe it hasn’t gotten out. Absolutely no bullshit. 

MikeRoach 2219 posts

33 minutes agoVIP

I spoke to some sources last night regarding Cain after some dominoes fell with other running backs. Cain had an idea that Emery would eventually end up at LSU, so he wasn't terribly surprised by the commitment. Cain hasn't given any indication that he's cancelling his official visit to LSU, but a source near the program told me that LSU will likely close up shop and not bring him in. The source I spoke with near Cain told me that he is mulling over taking an official visit to Georgia this weekend. Georgia just landed a running back commit, but they are still in contact with Cain. Despite that, I'm told that this is basically a two team race between Texas and Penn State. Cain enjoyed his visit to Happy Valley over the weekend, and he likes the fit the Nittany Lions offer within the offense. As we reported a few weeks ago, Cain had a great time on his official visit to Texas and he's become more comfortable with the future of the offense. Cain's semester at IMG is coming to a close soon, and he will return to Dallas until he enrolls at the college of his choice. With that in mind, it wouldn't totally shock me to see Cain return to campus on an unofficial visit.

Edited by RGBIII

13 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Always felt baseball has been a bigger factor for Catalon.... that's why Arky and TCU have stayed in the picture.  Parents also may like their son staying closer to home and smaller Christian school structure.....

If it was Football only, Texas would probably end up with Catalon.

How high on the priority list for Texas is a 5' 9" safety? Seems like 6'+ is what we're looking for. 

Maybe we want him as a NB? 

13 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

I’ve heard the same from some people very close to the divorce. Like, they couldn’t be much closer. Your story absolutely checks out. I can’t believe it hasn’t gotten out. Absolutely no bullshit. 

I was very close to a divorce, couldn't be much closer, so this hits close to home

• Like 1

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/11/open-post-wednesday-november-14th/

2019 DE Jacoby Jones Visiting Texas
– Super K

Former Sooners 2019 JUCO defensive end commit, Jacoby Jones (Butler CC) tells me that he will take an official visit to Texas this weekend. Jacoby has been pretty consistent for a while now saying that he would take an official to Texas in November.

Jones visited Texas, unofficially, this past summer. He then took an unofficial visit to Oklahoma and picked up an offer from the Sooners. At that point he had narrowed things down to Texas and Oklahoma.

After his official visit to OU earlier in the fall, he committed to the Sooners.

When the Mike Stoops was released from Oklahoma, we checked with Jones on what impact that would have. He did not comment on his commitment status but instead said that he’s focused on his football season at Butler.

Last night, ahead of the Texas visit, Jones decommitted from OU…you would have to think this puts Texas in the driver’s seat.

Conversation With Noah Cain | Trending
– Super K

While I was in Florida last week, I stopped by IMG to speak with 2019 RB Noah Cain. I’ll go through my notes from our conversation as well as sourced notes below but let’s begin with his top schools.

***OU and Noah parted ways a while back.

***Cain took an official visit to Auburn earlier in the season and in our conversation he didn’t really have much to say about them. To be fair I didn’t really press him on Auburn much but I just don’t really see them being much of a contender.

In my mind that leaves us with…

LSU, Texas, Penn State, Ohio State

***He took his Penn State visit this past weekend. I don’t have a great read on them but a source I spoke with told me said, “he might like Penn State but I don’t see him going there. He has no connection to the area and they’ve already got a guy (Devyn Ford).”

***When I spoke to Cain he said his next visit (after Penn State) would be Ohio State. I asked him about Ohio State and how he perceives the stability there.

“It’s kind of up and down right now. I just want to see how things go. I’m hearing different things but when I go up there on my official I’ll be able to see what’s really going on”.

My gut feeling here is that the perception of instability is hurting Ohio State with Cain.

***As for LSU, that was always the team to beat. Cain is originally from Baton Rouge and comes from a family of Tiger fans. However, LSU already has Tyrion Davis committed and there has been a looming sense that it’s only a matter of time before 5-star running back, John Emery commits (I’m hearing now that this could happen very very soon).

I asked Noah about the situation at LSU and the possibility of them landing Emery to which he said, “They’re (LSU) real transparent with me as far as things like that go (Emory, Davis and the running back numbers). I take my official visit after the season so I’ll definitely be able to see how everything plays out. I’m not really worried about guys committing and guys decommitting. Wherever is best for me that’s where I’m going”.

Reading Cain’s tone and body language and based on what he said, I would surmise LSU has told him they are waiting on Emery. And again, that commitment could happen much sooner than many expect.

As a matter of fact…Emery committed to LSU last night, as of now, I think LSU is off the list for Noah.

***Then there’s Texas…

Cain spoke highly of Texas. Talked about his relationship with coach Drayton and coach Herman and emphasized the fact that although the previous Texas staff didn’t make him a priority, coach Herman and co. did.

Most of you know that Cain’s mother lives in Dallas. So he has strong Texas ties. In fact, he told me that he will do his commitment announcement on ESPN with his mother in Dallas. That will happen around the December signing day. As all of you know, the IMG players enroll early.

Having said all of the above, I think Cain Texas is about a month away. I suppose things can change after his visit to Ohio State but my read of our conversation and how pieces are moving around the country is that Texas makes the most sense for Cain.

In my estimation, this one is trending strongly to Texas.

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

For the rest of us who have had little desire to ever, EVER, get up into the the sweaty, salt encrusted business of one Garance A. Patterson, care to enlighten us on the alleged shit surrounding this guys divorce and why anyone would save chubby willy wonka's texts?

He already alluded to it, Gary beat his wife.

247 Rankings--2019 Top Running Back Recruits

1)  Trey Sanders   IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

RB.  6-0 / 214.    0.9964.                    CB's     89% Bama.... 11% Gators

2)  John Emery Jr.    Destrehan (Destrehan, LA)

RB.  5-11 / 206.  0.9893.                                          Commit:  LSU

3) Jerrion Ealy     Jackson Prep (Flowood, MS)

RB.  5-10 / 200.   0.9745.                                     Commit: Ole Miss

4) Devyn Ford.     North Stafford (Stafford, VA)

RB  5-11 / 195   0.9626.                                   Commit:  Pedo State

5) Austin Jones.    Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland, CA)

RB   5-10 / 190.  0.9567.                                    Commit:   Stanford

6) Zach Charbonnet.    Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, CA)

RB. 6-2 / 215.   0.9536.                                        Commit:  Michigan

7) Noah Cain.    IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

RB. 5-10 / 212.   0.9532.                                CB's   59% Texas.   29% LSU

8. Tyrion Davis.    Southern University Lab School (Baton Rouge, LA)

RB.  6-1 / 230.   0.9305.                                            Commit:   LSU

9) Sampson James.    Avon (Avon, IN)

RB.  6-1 / 211   0.9282.                                            Commit: Indiana

10)  Kenny McIntosh.    University School (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

RB   6-0.5 / 218.   0.9230                                         Commit:  Georgia

11) Chez Mellusi.     Naples (Naples, FL)

RB   6-1 / 205   0.9182.                                           Commit:  Clemson

12 Deondrick Glass.      Katy (Katy, TX)

RB. 5-11 / 200.  0.9130.                                  CB's   100% Okie Lite

13) Jirehl Brock.    Quincy (Quincy, IL)

RB  5-11 / 195.   0.9126.                                     Commit:   Iowa State

14) Derrian Brown.    Buford (Buford, GA)

RB.  5-11 / 188   0.9126.                                           Commit:  Texas

15)  Nay'Quan Wright.    Miami Carol City (Opa Locka, FL)

RB   5-8 / 188.  0.9069.                                      CB's        92% Gators

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasFan21 said:

I missed this Green rumor. Care to elaborate?

That he is going to flip back to LSU, where he was originally committed.

There is a thread on tigerdroppings that a currently committed offensive player is about to flip to LSU. Most think it's Green.

Edited by HtownHorn

247 Rankings--2019 Top Running Back Recruits

1)  Trey Sanders   IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

RB.  6-0 / 214.    0.9964.                    CB's     89% Bama.... 11% Gators

2)  John Emery Jr.    Destrehan (Destrehan, LA)

RB.  5-11 / 206.  0.9893.                                          Commit:  LSU

3) Jerrion Ealy     Jackson Prep (Flowood, MS)

RB.  5-10 / 200.   0.9745.                                     Commit: Ole Miss

4) Devyn Ford.     North Stafford (Stafford, VA)

RB  5-11 / 195   0.9626.                                   Commit:  Pedo State

5) Austin Jones.    Bishop O'Dowd (Oakland, CA)

RB   5-10 / 190.  0.9567.                                    Commit:   Stanford

6) Zach Charbonnet.    Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, CA)

RB. 6-2 / 215.   0.9536.                                        Commit:  Michigan

7) Noah Cain.    IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)

RB. 5-10 / 212.   0.9532.                                CB's   59% Texas.   29% LSU

8. Tyrion Davis.    Southern University Lab School (Baton Rouge, LA)

RB.  6-1 / 230.   0.9305.                                            Commit:   LSU

9) Sampson James.    Avon (Avon, IN)

RB.  6-1 / 211   0.9282.                                            Commit: Indiana

10)  Kenny McIntosh.    University School (Fort Lauderdale, FL)

RB   6-0.5 / 218.   0.9230                                         Commit:  Georgia

11) Chez Mellusi.     Naples (Naples, FL)

RB   6-1 / 205   0.9182.                                           Commit:  Clemson

12 Deondrick Glass.      Katy (Katy, TX)

RB. 5-11 / 200.  0.9130.                                  CB's   100% Okie Lite

13) Jirehl Brock.    Quincy (Quincy, IL)

RB  5-11 / 195.   0.9126.                                     Commit:   Iowa State

14) Derrian Brown.    Buford (Buford, GA)

RB.  5-11 / 188   0.9126.                                           Commit:  Texas

15)  Nay'Quan Wright.    Miami Carol City (Opa Locka, FL)

RB   5-8 / 188.  0.9069.                                      CB's        92% Gators

Edited by LTtxfan

9 hours ago, satyanash said:

EJ after dark: Can Texas land a pair of five-star recruits?

Hide contents

— With Mater Dei (Calif.) making a late playoff run and official visits on the horizon, I’m told it’s going to be tough for five-star athlete Bru McCoy to make it back to Austin for another unofficial visit — the family is still trying to work things out. But like I wrote in The Stampede, if McCoy doesn’t make it, those around Texas still feels like it is in a position to land him when he makes his decision in the near future. I would go as far as to say that confidence around the Texas program has never been higher. With USC in a state of turmoil, Texas is taking advantage. I’m remaining cautious as the USC situation continues to play itself out. But I feel better about my Texas CB pick right now than I ever did — visit or no visit.

— Someone that hasn’t been mentioned much during the McCoy recruitment is Texas freshman quarterback Cameron Rising, who is also from the Los Angeles area. Rising hosted McCoy on his official visit in September and keeps in contact with McCoy. In fact, McCoy checks in with Rising about questions he has in regards to the program. Rising flipped his pledge from OU to Texas and was the first big California get for Tom Herman. Rising is someone McCoy can relate to, and he’s certainly helping the Longhorns here.

— While I did put in a Crystal Ball for Noah Cain tonight, I’m nowhere near putting one in for his teammate and five-star IMG Academy (Fla.) running back Trey Sanders. I did get some positive quotes from him, but sources indicate that he is still more likely to stay close to home. His Alabama official visit is coming up, and Florida remains a dark horse in his recruitment. Texas is still fighting hard, but it’s going to take some real movement with his family to earn a signature. Texas has done everything it can — very successfully — with Trey himself.

— I spoke to a source close to five-star 2020 George County (MS) defensive lineman McKinnley Jackson, who told me he is interested in Texas and would like to make a visit. Jackson hasn’t had any real contact with the UT staff but if his interest is in fact legitimate, then I’m sure that will change. Jackson holds several major offers, with LSU currently considered the frontrunner.

Sorry EJ, Super K has the in with that family and he is not as bullish. I would love to land Bru, but this one is going to be down to the wire. 

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Sorry EJ, Super K has the in with that family and he is not as bullish. I would love to land Bru, but this one is going to be down to the wire. 

Super K's post had it 60/40 USC/Texas, which is almost a coinflip 

Edited by Fud

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Super K's post had it 60/40 USC/Texas, which is almost a coinflip 

We only need to genetically duplicate Bru 99 more times, and then we can have 40 of him on our team.  USC will certainly squander the other 60 copies of him with their lack of scheme and talent development.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t know if there’s any chance it’s leal, but that would be fun. Especially on the heels of the green rumor. 

The top of their class pulling the rip cord would be a fun event, moreso if Texas benefited. 

On the off chance aggy loses to UAB this weekend things could get ugly in a hurry at the top of their class. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

For the rest of us who have had little desire to ever, EVER, get up into the the sweaty, salt encrusted business of one Garance A. Patterson, care to enlighten us on the alleged shit surrounding this guys divorce and why anyone would save chubby willy wonka's texts?

The texts I'm referring to are female friends of mine who have been propositioned by Patterson in various ways. Nothing about abuse of his wife. Just extra marital creepy fat dude with money type stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maninblack said:

The texts I'm referring to are female friends of mine who have been propositioned by Patterson in various ways. Nothing about abuse of his wife. Just extra marital creepy fat dude with money type stuff.

can you procure said texts? the reason i ask is because i feel like injecting ourselves into this game, as a unit, would be a good idea. meaning, a surlyhorns twatter account the takes our collective genius along with our connections and starts making waves in this college football landscape. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I was very close to a divorce, couldn't be much closer, so this hits close to home

Did yours involve sealed court records and non-disclosure agreements? And a beaten ex-wife who was once a cheerleader at the school you coached at (Utah State) when you started banging her in 1992? Of course, you’d need to have been married to another wife, whom you were also beating, when you started plowing this one. Then you’d leave the second battered ex-wife for your current punching bag. That’s the rumor, anyway...

16 minutes ago, maninblack said:

55 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He already alluded to it, Gary beat his wife.

Thanks for taking the time to respond with some clarity, MiB.

Edited by SydneyCarton

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

can you procure said texts? the reason i ask is because i feel like injecting ourselves into this game, as a unit, would be a good idea. meaning, a surlyhorns twatter account the takes our collective genius along with our connections and starts making waves in this college football landscape. 

If someone wants to spend the time and money to dig up Fatty’s divorce records, I know he divorced his second wife in Fort Worth in 2002. The sealed records won’t be available. That wife’s name was Tawna. Don’t know her predecessors info. Probably wouldn’t be too hard to find.