Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I think you mean awesome. A girl at Twin Creeks says it at least 10 times per order. My wife and I have a deal. 10 times and over, we both drink.

How many times till you both snort coke off a hooker's ass?

Edited by Bevo14
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

There's still several weeks for things to play out, but this partially explains the recent fluidity in WR recruiting:

Can you imagine how sick our offense is going to be? Bring back all of the skill players and add Jake Smith and Noah Cain? 

oUMDrU_P_normal.jpg

I will not be committing tomorrow sorry for disappointing yall, but i want to make the best decision for me.

"There is buzz out of Austin that UT's top JRs (WR Johnson, WR Humphrey, SS Jones) are leaning towards returning to school. No juniors being honored on Senior Day more evidence. Time will tell. "

So if the Quote above is true, would any other 2019 WR/DB Recruit (besides WR Kennedy Lewis)  be disappointed enough to take TEXAS off their list??

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

"There is buzz out of Austin that UT's top JRs (WR Johnson, WR Humphrey, SS Jones) are leaning towards returning to school. No juniors being honored on Senior Day more evidence. Time will tell. "

So if the Quote above is true, would any other 2019 WR/DB Recruit (besides WR Kennedy Lewis)  be disappointed enough to take TEXAS off their list??

I will not be committing tomorrow sorry for disappointing yall, but i want to make the best decision for me.

If they're both coming back, he likely doesn't have a spot in this class anymore

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

If they're both coming back, he likely doesn't have a spot in this class anymore

I get that about possibly not having room for Lewis (WR), just hoping none of the other 2019 WR/DB recruits change their minds if Burt, LJH, CJ and B.Jones return (although having LJH, CJ & BJ back would be great).

15 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He has Gaskamp potential with Sam playing so well. 

We usually play 11.  If cj and ljh are back, that’s 2. Third spot will be a fight between jake Smith, duvernay, Burt, Woodard, and eagles. Next year will be crowded. 

Unless we go more 4 wr sets because we lose beck and like the wr room more than the te room. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I get that about possibly not having room for Lewis (WR), just hoping none of the other 2019 WR/DB recruits change their minds if Burt, LJH, CJ and B.Jones return (although having LJH, CJ & BJ back would be great).

I don't think we're really after any others outside of Lewis and Higgins. Whittington, Smith, Houston, Washington, and Powell all seem pretty locked in. 

Edited by Atticus

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We usually play 11.  If cj and ljh are back, that’s 2. Third spot will be a fight between jake Smith, duvernay, Burt, Woodard, and eagles. Next year will be crowded. 

Unless we go more 4 wr sets because we lose beck and like the wr room more than the te room. 

The fight will be for the 4th spot. Duvernay will be the 3rd WR. He’s been really solid and improving every game. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cafe society said:

At this point, I bet Wilson is too prideful to flip, it would be an admission of a mistake on his part.

I think it’s more than that. I think he always wanted to go back to Ohio, and set up what he figured would be an impassable text for Texas to get into the picture. He says they need to show out on offense so he doesn’t have to deal with all the Pro Texas stuff all the time. Then the passing offense starts looking dynamic. 

1 hour ago, Rynohorn said:

With the offense  now humming, and with Sam being around 2 additional years, is that still not enough to even think about Garret Wilson?

He's 100% gone. Matthew Baldwin is a good friend of his and his family in Ohio.. he has the kind of talent you want, and it sucks ro lose a great player from our hometown, but it's done and we will be just fine.  LJH and CJ coming back would be amazing and a good indicator of what Herman is selling for next season. 

LJH is my favorite receiver is quite a while, I would rather have him than anyone else we have played (and that's a long list of good receivers). I would love 3 LJHs with a side of jake smith, and I hope that's how we are recruiting going forward. 

13 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

uh, those guys don't all play the same position...

X - CJ, Eagles (+ Pouncey)

Z - Duvernay, Burt, Woodard (I think he is a Z?)

Slot - LJH, Jake Smith, (+Josh Moore)

Can someone remind me where these commits/targets fit in position wise?

• J Whittington (X?)
  • D Houston (Z?)
  • M Washington (Z?)
  • P Powell (Z?)
  • Bru (X?)
  • Elijah Higgins (X?)
  • Kennedy Lewis (Slot?)
  • Garrett Wilson (?)

Roster Table from IT:

Spoiler

Os4jfM.png
3hLlYM.png

Edited by NoName

46 minutes ago, NoName said:

uh, those guys don't all play the same position...

X - CJ, Eagles (+ Pouncey)

Z - Duvernay, Burt, Woodard (I think he is a Z?)

Slot - LJH, Jake Smith, (+Josh Moore)

Can someone remind me where these commits/targets fit in position wise?

• J Whittington (X?)
  • D Houston (Z?)
  • M Washington (Z?)
  • P Powell (Z?)
  • Bru (X?)
  • Elijah Higgins (X?)
  • Kennedy Lewis (Slot?)
  • Garrett Wilson (?)

Roster Table from IT:

Reveal hidden contents

Os4jfM.png
3hLlYM.png

Whittington X or Slot

Houston Z

Washington X

Bru X 

Lewis Z 

Powell I think is a Z but I think he'll end up on defense 

Wilson and Higgins play the 'not coming to Texas' position

• Like 3

Just now, Bodacious Bevo said:

Whittington X or Slot

Houston Z

Washington X

Bru X 

Lewis Z 

Powell I think is a Z but I think he'll end up on defense 

Wilson and Higgins play the 'not coming to Texas' position

Thanks man, was a shot in the dark but want to try and understand where guys fit generally - I feel like I have a decent understanding of DL and LB positions (and DB overall) but WR is just not something I have a great grasp on!

Know Wilson/Higgins aren't coming here but wanted to see where they fit!

• Like 1