Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

First loss to Cal since 2004. No way he survives this season.

wait.  they lost to cal in 2004?  wasn’t that when they were the 2nd best team in the history of athletic competition behind the VY-led longhorns?  I know the 2004 season was year before, but that was their only legitimate title.  how’d they squeeze in a loss to cal?

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

wait.  they lost to cal in 2004?  wasn’t that when they were the 2nd best team in the history of athletic competition behind the VY-led longhorns?  I know the 2004 season was year before, but that was their only legitimate title.  how’d they squeeze in a loss to cal?

0d55ccfcdde1e0fa2ef199ab48e6099c.jpg

16 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Couldn’t fucking breathe today in LA with all the smoke. California is fucking burning. And USC is burning too. If Bru has any sense, he will leave this fucking state. 

You're a pussy. It was fine. Like it wasn't good but it was fine.The putrid display by the USC offense is what he needs to see to know to get out.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

You're a pussy. It was fine. Like it wasn't good but it was fine.The putrid display by the USC offense is what he needs to see to know to get out.

If your standard is Shanghai then yeah, it was totally fine. But you are right, the quality of that USC offense will linger a lot longer than the fucking smoke. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

It’s probably buried somewhere around this 523pg thread, but any word on David Neil? Yeah he’s just a 3star but he’s gigantic and still growing. Any chance we Brockermeyer him or anything like that?

I don’t think so Mr. Neil. Thank you for your inquiry and as always, Hook Em!

• Like 1

Twitter is really talking about Helton not surviving this season. Will they really fire him in year 2? Has anyone fired a coach with just 2 years? I mean it’s obvious he’s not the answer but still.

Still think Bru comes here if he is fired. Wouldn’t have any relationships with the new coaches, would be too late since he’s an EE.

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Twitter is really talking about Helton not surviving this season. Will they really fire him in year 2? Has anyone fired a coach with just 2 years? I mean it’s obvious he’s not the answer but still.

Still think Bru comes here if he is fired. Wouldn’t have any relationships with the new coaches, would be too late since he’s an EE.

It's year 3.

35 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I think so too. Realistically, they could hire a coach by what, mid December? That’s about a week from NSD1 and if he is an EE that is just not enough time to really build a relationship. 

10 hours ago, DoneWithit said:

The more LJH does good, the more it seems he might go to the draft. Bru has got to be thinking that, man I could be the that dude next year. Especially if Johnson stays, then there is a lot of room to grow into the position rather than go to usc with an unproven QB or at least no where near sams level. 

JT Daniels is a stud and will be every bit on Sams level in a year. 

Went from concerned about recruiting last night to encouraged. With OU barely squeaking by OSU, it legitimizes our loss to them a bit and shows that the conference is wild this year. It also shows that there’s room for top defenders in our lineup, and lots of stats to get for skill position players. If we can somehow close out ISU, I think we close great down the stretch. 9-3 or even 8-4 is solid.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Honestly, wouldn't mind if Tee Martin joined our offensive coaching staff. Would definitely be an upgrade at either WR coach or OC.

The stronger we close this season the less likely we are to replace staff outside of Warehime and possibly Giles. With the improvement CJ and LJH have shown plus Mehringer being the #3 recruiter in the country, I just can’t see that there would be any justification to push him out. Same with Beck - very good recruiter, clearly doing a great job with Sam. The only reason he goes is if Herman truly doesnt want to call plays. I would love to have Beatty and/or Tee Martin, I just don’t see either happening at the moment.

Oh lol yeah he’s gone.

He was at the game last night.

Searched his name in twitter and some bama talk. Hopefully he doesn’t visit. Greg biggins, usc247 still thinks he’s usc bound that was before the game though.

They think their shit don’t stink and they’re getting everyone. Take everything any one of them says with a grain of salt. Plus, they haven’t had to deal with a meltdown of a season in the last 15 years so they have no experience in how this may impact recruiting. Bru may ultimately end up there, but I have no idea how anyone could be confident in anything regarding their program until a coaching change. And as we found out when we hired Herman, it usually don’t make a shit during the transitional class.

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Yep. If he still goes to USC after a coaching change, we never stood a chance.

Edited by cdain3

8 hours ago, Sejjr said:

Couldn’t fucking breathe today in LA with all the smoke. California is fucking burning. And USC is burning too. If Bru has any sense, he will leave this fucking state. 

Yeah it’s pretty bad here right now. My boss and his family have been evacuated. Folks I supervise too we are on alert 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

The stronger we close this season the less likely we are to replace staff outside of Warehime and possibly Giles. With the improvement CJ and LJH have shown plus Mehringer being the #3 recruiter in the country, I just can’t see that there would be any justification to push him out. Same with Beck - very good recruiter, clearly doing a great job with Sam. The only reason he goes is if Herman truly doesnt want to call plays. I would love to have Beatty and/or Tee Martin, I just don’t see either happening at the moment.

Those recruiter rankings often don't really tell the true story on recruitments, so what Mehringer really brought on that front might not match up with where 247 has him. I tend to agree with your assessment, but if Herman still sees him as weak link this would be the time to pawn him off as an OC to a G5 or another Rutgers. Maybe Mehringer has learned some things and is trending up as a coach and recruiter? Does @closetojumping have a pulse on the current situation?

Edited by rickyspub
CTJ you are our only hope!