Texas recruiting notes 2019

TFloss update

Spoiler

JUCO RB Rhamondre Stevenson told The Football Brainiacs he will be visiting OU this weekend.

Good news for Texas since they're bringing him in for a January visit and they'll know what Cain and Sanders are doing by that time.

/

other poster there: Well, he actually direct messaged me when both of us were down to Texas and USC. We kind of shared our thoughts. He asked me which school I was leaning towards, and I told him Texas. He told me he was leaning USC. We were going to do a joint commitment video, but that’s why we didn’t end up doing it.I saw him on his official visit for the Texas-USC game, and I think it all changed there. I have a feeling he might be leaning Texas at this point.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

TFloss update

Hide contents

JUCO RB Rhamondre Stevenson told The Football Brainiacs he will be visiting OU this weekend.

Good news for Texas since they're bringing him in for a January visit and they'll know what Cain and Sanders are doing by that time.

/

other poster there: Well, he actually direct messaged me when both of us were down to Texas and USC. We kind of shared our thoughts. He asked me which school I was leaning towards, and I told him Texas. He told me he was leaning USC. We were going to do a joint commitment video, but that’s why we didn’t end up doing it.I saw him on his official visit for the Texas-USC game, and I think it all changed there. I have a feeling he might be leaning Texas at this point.

'The other poster there' portion is supposedly Jake Smith talking about Bru.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

'The other poster there' portion is supposedly Jake Smith talking about Bru.  

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That’s a fun Bru McCoy nugget

that's my bad, i left that off on accident and can't go back and edit post - you are correct

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I would love to believe that, but Jake Smith committed in June.  By the time of the USC game, he wasn't "leaning Texas"; he'd been a commit for 3 months.

You’re misreading the timeline.  The which way are you leaning remark came before the UT-USC game.  That occurred when they both had realistically narrowed their choices down to UT and USC, which was over summer.  Jake was leaning UT and Bru USC.  Then he goes on to say that UT-USC was a game changer for Bru and that he is now leaning Texas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

Lmao this could be a top 3 aggy melt down if Elko goes to Temple leading Brian Williams to decommit and Leal to flip to the good guys. 

My gut says none of those three things happen, but that Aggie still sucks a big dick next year leading to a more entertaining fallout.  

4 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

My gut says none of those three things happen, but that Aggie still sucks a big dick next year leading to a more entertaining fallout.  

Ok 2/3 of those are probably not going to happen but Elko to Temple should not be a shocker

2 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

You Leal people are fascinating.  And by fascinating, I mean pleasant, but most likely found in the "classic autism" area of the spectrum.

Yeah you’re right, there’s no way an 18yo could change his mind. I don’t think it’ll happen but let’s nkt forget who we are dealing with 

41 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

You Leal people are fascinating.  And by fascinating, I mean pleasant, but most likely found in the "classic autism" area of the spectrum.

I’m a little confused here.  how is getting the top defensive player in the state to flip to us from our main rival not a huge fucking deal? it’s not likely but you’re the autistic one if you don’t think herman and co. are doing their due diligence here.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m a little confused here.  how is getting the top defensive player in the state to flip to us from our main rival not a huge fucking deal? it’s not likely but you’re the autistic one if you don’t think herman and co. are doing their due diligence here.  

Agreed - once Waddle transfers and we flip Leal, we’re golden. Let’s keep talking about it.

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

When did Leal commit to OU?

• Like 6

TFB Open Post: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/12/open-post-wednesday-december-12th/

***This weekend Texas hosted, 2019 JUCO OT, Jay Williams for an official visit. Williams came into the visit telling us that he was told an offer would be possible once coach Tom Herman got a look at him.

I’m told that an offer did not happen and it does not sound like one is expected.

Noah Cain | Quick Sourced Update
– Super K

Something to watch. Source I spoke with yesterday tells me that Noah Cain’s mother likes Penn State and coach Franklin.

Cain took an official visit to Penn State and they do appear to be the team that is giving him something to think about.

I’ll admit we don’t know the level of interest Noah has in Penn State but again, heard that the mother, despite living in Texas, seems to really like coach Franklin.

This was the first I’d heard of this so I’ll be digging on this throughout the next day or so.

And another quick note, Cain is scheduled to officially visit Tennessee this weekend, so they could also become a player late in this recruitment.

Bru McCoy | Latest
– Super K

Spoke with the father of 2019 5-star ATH, Bru McCoy…

***Herman and company did their in-home visit with the family yesterday. This in-home will be critical.

duh.

***Kingsbury did his in-home visit with the McCoys this past weekend and they really liked Kliff.

***Horace tells me that they are locked in to make a return visit to USC this upcoming weekend.

Obviously, a final visit to USC before the dead period and Bru’s signing is huge for SC.

duh.

Bottom line here is, SC continues to be a tough team to beat here and I think really for Texas to win it’s going to have to be a situation where Bru really just loves Texas (which he does) and wants to get away and venture out on his own in a new environment.

Because, when it comes to proximity, closeness to the head coach, and connections to current players, SC has the advantage. And now they have the added of advantage of Kliff Kingsbury on staff.

I know y’all would like a rosier picture and I’m by no means saying this one is over but based on the obvious, it’s trending SC.

Shhh | Monday, December 10th
– Charlie S

On Monday, Bryan Carrington dusted off and busted out his ‘Shh’ emoji…

This one you won’t have to wait too long for…

Rhamondre Stevenson Visiting Texas
– Super K

Spoke with 2019 JUCO RB, Rhamondre Stevenson (Cerritos College), earlier this week.

Stevenson is a big, fast, elusive back who Texas recently offered but had been recruiting for quite some time.

Stevenson tells me that he plans on visiting Oklahoma this weekend. He also says he will visit Texas after the dead period is over in January.

Rhamondre does not plan on signing in during the early signing period. He will sign in February.

This works out well for Texas as they will know their fate with both Cain and Sanders by then.

Quick-Hitters | Javonne Shepherd Sigining Date & Tommy Kennedy
– Super K

***2019 Texas OL commit, Javonne Shepherd (North Forest) tells me that he does not plan on sigining during the early signing period.

He says he will sign in February.

***Also of note, spoke with a source who tells me that Texas is not expected to offer Tommy Kennedy. I was initially told that an offer would happen but it sounds like Texas has decided against that.

Caleb Johnson Postpones Commitment Date
– Super K

JUCO LB, Caleb Johnson was expected to announce a final decision this Thursday but has decided to take an official visit to Colorado this weekend.

Caleb tells me he will postpone his decision.

Look for something after his final visit…obviously.

Jake Smith Named Gatorade Player of the Year
– CJ Vogel

Texas WR commit Jake Smith received quite the accolade Tuesday after being named the Gatorade National Player of the Year.

It was quite the season for Smith who racked up an astounding 39 total touchdowns while leading Notre Dame Prep (Arizona) to a State Championship.

Smith will become the third Texas commit to have won receive the honor in the Award’s history, joining Jonathan Gray in 2011 and Garrett Gilbert in 2008.

Smith joins quite an illustrious group.

The last five Gatorade Players of the Year

2013 – Andrew Brown (Virginia)
2014 – Kyler Murray (Texas A&M/Oklahoma)
2015 – Jacob Eason (Georgia/Washington)
2016 – Tate Martell (Ohio State)
2017 – JT Daniel (USC)
It’s safe to say, Texas is getting the real deal in Smith once he arrives on the 40 Acres

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Shhh | Monday, December 10th
– Charlie S

On Monday, Bryan Carrington dusted off and busted out his ‘Shh’ emoji…

This one you won’t have to wait too long for… 

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Caleb Johnson Postpones Commitment Date
– Super K

JUCO LB, Caleb Johnson was expected to announce a final decision this Thursday but has decided to take an official visit to Colorado this weekend.

Caleb tells me he will postpone his decision. 

Look for something after his final visit…obviously. 

So the SHH was probably Hookfin?