Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

29 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

247 says 4* CB Chester Kimbrough from Louisiana is taking an OV the 1st weekend of May.

https://247sports.com/Player/Chester-Kimbrough-86455

Isn't that the name of the Black Keys album?

Edit:  Junior Kimbrough is the Black Keys album.

Edited by nycHorn
All the names look the same to me.

36 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Is banks good or no? I think I remember some saying he was doing too well in camps.

Maybe that was someone else.

That's been the word. Of course, we should definitely discount his abilities, given his camp performances in the 6 weeks following his father's sudden and unexpected death. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SamTex said:

I see him as a Kobe Boyce type. He isn't necessarily the top guy you're aiming for but he is a legitimate player that you'd be happy to get. And who could develop into a starter if developed right. 

So a Brandon Foster/Ryan Palmer type. A guy that stayed in program and provided great depth on STs and when given the chance to play in the secondary did fairly well. Those type of players are great to have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

So a Brandon Foster/Ryan Palmer type. A guy that stayed in program and provided great depth on STs and when given the chance to play in the secondary did fairly well. Those type of players are great to have.

Except he’s not 5’8” like those two (who both graduated from my HS alma mater btw)

17 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I hope Boyce will be much better than those guys.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

Is banks good or no? I think I remember some saying he was doing too well in camps.

Maybe that was someone else.

I’m not a huge fan from what I’ve seen of him, but his film is very limited, so it’s a very incomplete eval. I remember reading some 9.95ers who said he was great flipping his hips in coverage.

the staff has prioritized him over other highly rated guys for a while and with out 2018 DB class, we likely won’t need him right away, so he’ll have time to develop.

1 hour ago, SamTex said:

I see him as a Kobe Boyce type. He isn't necessarily the top guy you're aiming for but he is a legitimate player that you'd be happy to get. And who could develop into a starter if developed right. 

I thought Boyce looked pretty good yesterday, CJ just made some freakish catches.  You could definitely tell Boyce has bulked up.

• Like 2

It is still creepy as hell to see grown men tweeting at 17 and 18 year olds. I do not know what the social norm is but grown men shoukd stay away from minors on twitter in all cases. 

I assume the offer is somewhat of an attempt to get Wilson on board? 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

It is still creepy as hell to see grown men tweeting at 17 and 18 year olds. I do not know what the social norm is but grown men shoukd stay away from minors on twitter in all cases. 

Card is a take 

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Maybe he's already on board.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Card is a take 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

So will Kenyon Jackson OV in 2 weeks now that he's committed to Jimbo and his no-visit policy?

Where are you guys getting this "no visit" policy of Jimbo's?  Is that being reported on any Aggie site?

Asking because I haven't come across that.

1 minute ago, Augustus said:

Where are you guys getting this "no visit" policy of Jimbo's?  Is that being reported on any Aggie site?

Asking because I haven't come across that.

The UT sites talk about it. The aggy sites like to tell their subs that it's just because the kids are just 100% true blue ags.