Texas recruiting notes 2019

Just now, texifornia said:

The UT sites talk about it. The aggy sites like to tell their subs that it's just because the kids are just 100% true blue ags.

Yeah I get that, it's just both sides telling themselves what makes them feel better.

I was just wondering if the "no visit" thing had some actual validity to it beyond msg board speculation.  

• Fuck You 1

Just now, TexasToast said:

Didn't dumbo say that committing was like getting married and there should be no other dates?

I doubt there's a coach that doesn't discourage taking visits once a player is committed because, well, that just makes sense.

But having a policy along the lines of "take other visits, and your offer's pulled" is something else, and I haven't seen any evidence that Jimbo is taking that stance, but I keep seeing it here.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I doubt there's a coach that doesn't discourage taking visits once a player is committed because, well, that just makes sense.

But having a policy along the lines of "take other visits, and your offer's pulled" is something else, and I haven't seen any evidence that Jimbo is taking that stance, but I keep seeing it here.

"offer pulled" might be Texas fans jumping to conclusions. The more logical rumor that I've seen is that Jimbo is guaranteeing starting spots to some of these guys he's getting to jump on board right now, and will only hold that guarantee if they don't visit elsewhere.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

4 minutes ago, Augustus said:

I don't follow this as closely as many here, but I thought the original source for this was the parent of a recruit?  

Edited by cafe society
double quote

6 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Where are you guys getting this "no visit" policy of Jimbo's?  Is that being reported on any Aggie site?

Asking because I haven't come across that.

Aggy sites not reporting it and read into it what you will but all of the 7on7 coaches and trainers have been made aware. 

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I don't follow this as closely as many here, but I thought the original source for this was the parent of a recruit?  

Demani Richardson, I think. There was no mention of getting an offer pulled, but Jimbo clearly has some stipulations about commits visiting other schools.

1 minute ago, cafe society said:

I believe Super K has talked about it some with Richardson.  IIRC he said Richardson's dad had no problem with Demani visiting Texas but that he didn't want to at the time.

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Frenzy posted an article on Shepherd in the aggy thread.  Said he will take his 5 OV's in the summer or fall and has pushed back his June commitment timeframe and is going to take his time.

I think this is a good thing for us, assuming we don't shit our pants on the field.

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Demani Richardson, I think. There was no mention of getting an offer pulled, but Jimbo clearly has some stipulations about commits visiting other schools.

Don't get me wrong, if he has a no visit policy then fine, committed ought to mean committed after all.

Was just wondering where that was coming from.  Appreciate the replies.

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

Yeah I get that, it's just both sides telling themselves what makes them feel better.

I was just wondering if the "no visit" thing had some actual validity to it beyond msg board speculation.  

I think it really has something to do with Jimbo’s comparison of committing to a school to play football and marriage.  

Random off topic note.  We've had a decent hit rate on some of our 3 star guys from the past few classes.  Guys like LJH, Roach, Hager, Omenihu were all 3 stars and have turned key players going into this next year.  If this staff can evaluate as well as Strong (which they have shown and I would argue are even better at), we're going to be fine regardless of missing out on a few key players this year.  We're still going to land a solid top 10 class.

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Random off topic note.  We've had a decent hit rate on some of our 3 star guys from the past few classes.  Guys like LJH, Roach, Hager, Omenihu were all 3 stars and have turned key players going into this next year.  If this staff can evaluate as well as Strong (which they have shown and I would argue are even better at), we're going to be fine regardless of missing out on a few key players this year.  We're still going to land a solid top 10 class.

Yeah Sweat is a mid 3* ( for now ) and he was one of the earliest offers.  ESPN has him in the top 50 in-state, but not a number ranking, so if he gets that his composite would go up a good chunk.

Why I think guys like Carson, M. Williams, Jones, and R. Moore can be solid contributors/starters down the line after a RS year and a couple of off-seasons in S&C.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

Per TFB, Tre Watson is having a really good OV and Texas would be the leader, assuming he's a take (standard disclaimer on post-visit high applies). As of right now he plans on visiting LSU next week before deciding.

I probably missed this, but has he been offered? Tabari Hines wasn't offered after his visit and he, too, is a grad transfer.

Wells:

Texas hit a home run on Garrett Wilson’s OV. The key was to get GW past the post-OSU visit euphoria and back to a level playing field.

Mission accomplished. The longer this plays out, the better UT’s chances.

I’ll have his quotes in the AM.

• Like 3

Fuck that shit, ill happily be wrong and drink the kool aid on wilson. As a fan id rather cheer for the hope than have to always assume the worst. 

Oscar Giles makes that harder than Jimbo trying to ride a rollar coaster,  but fuck, ill take a few hours of hope without assuming the worst. 

• Like 1