Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 minutes ago, dad said:

metadeta segregation

Dude you can't even type the fucking word.  The first time it was "meta-data" and now it's "metadeta."  The word is metadata.  If you can't even fucking spell the thing that you say you do for a living, I'm not quivering in my boots about your subject matter expertise.

• Like 1

By the way why the hell does everyone keep insinuating that KatFid is or said something racist? I thought he was just a dude who's role at the shag was to post GIFS.. was one of those GIFS possibly racist? 

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

Dude you can't even type the fucking word.  The first time it was "meta-data" and now it's "metadeta."  The word is metadata.  If you can't even fucking spell the thing that you say you do for a living, I'm not quivering in my boots about your subject matter expertise.

Haha so the lack of a hyphen on a forum shit post completely invalidates years of experience.. i'm not here to be validated by you i'm just here to let you know that I know a whole lot more about the subject of which you're attempting to imply that I'm ignorant on which is kind of fucking ironic.

2 minutes ago, dad said:

Haha so the lack of a hyphen on a forum shit post completely invalidates years of experience.. i'm not here to be validated by you i'm just here to let you know that I know a whole lot more about the subject of which you're attempting to imply that I'm ignorant on which is kind of fucking ironic.

Kinda seems like maybe you do want that.

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Speaking of jersey numbers, Texas briefly put up the spring roster (and took it down quickly), but posters on other sites were able to catch a glimpse of it and view the early enrollees:

#1 DeGabriel Floyd LB 6-2 240 

#2 Roschon Johnson QB 6-2 215

#5 Bru McCoy WR 6-3 215

#13 Marcus Tillman, Jr. LB 6-1 235 

#18 Jared Wiley TE (no measurements)

#21 Jordan Whittington RB 6-1 215 

#30 Caleb Johnson LB 6-0 235

#36 Jacoby Jones DL 6-3 265

#45 Peter Mpagi DL 6-4 245 

#72 Tyler Johnson OL 6-6 315

Tillman at 235 is surprising but I think it's a good thing

5 minutes ago, dad said:

Dad! You're embarrassing me in front of my friends! 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dad said:

By the way why the hell does everyone keep insinuating that KatFid is or said something racist? I thought he was just a dude who's role at the shag was to post GIFS.. was one of those GIFS possibly racist? 

It's a joke (IMO).  He said some guy looked like Tre Watson (he kinda did, but not really).  It's a play on "they all look alike" idea that's considered racist (which it is).

Just now, Lhorn said:

It's a joke (IMO).  He said some guy looked like Tre Watson (he kinda did, but not really).  It's a play on "they all look alike" idea that's considered racist (which it is).

Haha gotcha!

31 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Apparently Caleb Johnson is a junior (3 to play 2) and not a RS sophomore (3 to play 3).

That's lame. Although if Burton's report about him slacking off on his rehab is true, he may not see the field enough to burn a redshirt year.

45 minutes ago, RollLeft said:
You may be an expert in SQL but you only get a C++ on your posting and spelling.
spacer.png

That’s the nicest thing anyone’s said about me.
spacer.png

Edited by dad
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Machinator said:

Apparently Caleb Johnson is a junior (3 to play 2) and not a RS sophomore (3 to play 3).

How does that work? I think the general understanding was that, since he sat out last year with a shoulder injury, it essentially counted as a RS year. Which would mean that he only used one year of eligibility, but wouldn't be able to red shirt.  I'm not doubting anyone - if Machinator posted it, I'm sure it's true. I've always assumed that his circuits aren't programmed for dishonesty.

But, serious - what the fuck? Did he play some last year and everyone somehow missed it?

13 hours ago, BornOrange said:

... and Whittington being the reincarnation of Ramonce Taylor.

11 hours ago, Machinator said:

Speaking of jersey numbers, Texas briefly put up the spring roster (and took it down quickly), but posters on other sites were able to catch a glimpse of it and view the early enrollees:

#21 Jordan Whittington RB 6-1 215 

I think that we've speculated that Whittington is really 6' flat, not 6'1", but if he's 6-1 / 215lbs, then he is closer to the reincarnation of Edwin Simmons than he is to Ramonce Taylor.

I was hoping that Jordan, who was listed at "198 lbs" on his 247 page, would get up to 210 to 215 lbs by the start of fall camp. If he really is 215 lbs right now, he might be a 220 lb do-it-all back/flared WR/slot by the time the season starts.

He is going to be vital to the success of our team this fall and he'll probably be the player I'm most excited to watch this year.

• Like 2

With the Mookie decommitment, BC better stay in touch with Marcus Washington....... Mookie and MW are good friends.

Really weird how quickly Mookie changed his mind about Texas after reportedly loving UT and helping recruit MW to come play for Texas.

IT on Parker Braun:

PARKER BRAUN

The Georgia Tech graduate transfer weighed in at 292 pounds on the deal-sealing Texas visit. 

The question remaining is whether or not Parker will play or red-shirt. We're betting on playing:

While he'd (Parker's dad) love for Parker to shirt (and agreed on how), he's not holding his breath. In fact (after watching his share of film on our Oline) he expects Parker to start and not shirt simply because "you play your best five - always". When you're an HC making $5M you don't want to risk not bringing your A game, roster-wise included. Yancy was indeed the man. Herman, staff evidenced total alignment throughout the weekend in ways other schools haven't/don't. Measured/weighed in at 6-3, 292.