Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

So if Carrington is in Athens, GA and he can not be visiting recruits during this time period:

-- Trying to set up a satellite recruiting camp with Georgia?

-- Negotiating home and home with Georgia? (lol, way above his pay grade)

-- Taking an extended vacation since Memorial Day Weekend? (lol, who the fuck wants to vacay in Athens, GA besides Bubba Sparxxx)

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Someone educate me on Twitter, since I hate it and don't use it. Do you have to be in a certain location to set a pin or can you select it?

You can manually change your location

Any players we're battling head to head with the Bulldogs for?

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well, he can't be visiting a recruit technically, so...lets hope it's a pit stop on his way to the Clermont Lounge.

Where crack whores go to die.  Where else can you see a 70+ year-old vagina?

Edited by angryhomer
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

So, a “big news day” for college football recruiting board in May consists of:

1. Interpreting the underlying meanings of emojis tweeted by high schoolers and/or cryptic messages tweeted by randoms like Will Whatshisface.

2. Frantically refreshing the twitter page of the guy who says “Shh” but then doesn’t publicize the actual news.

3. Reading EJ’s daily post about hipster coffee and hedging all possible outcomes for recruiting.

4. Posting cat memes and safe for work Kate Beckinsale pics.

You know what, the thread police needs to take a sabbatical until about two weeks before signing day.  Because this is just sad.  Y’all motherfuckers need more “off topic” discussion, and Jesus.

Get lost bitch you need to take a timeout

• Like 3

What position does he play? SIAP but haven’t seen any info on his 40 time or twitter feed or if we even offered yet. Does he have a relationship with Carrington? Maybe he will be at the pool party.

He can’t hit a curve ball
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

You know what, the thread police needs to take a sabbatical until about two weeks before signing day.  Because this is just sad.  Y’all motherfuckers need more “off topic” discussion, and Jesus.

What's your opinion on living in LA as a college student, and would you consider Austin "quaint and down home"?

• Like 2

E.J. Holland: Four-star DL Marcus Hicks still high on Texas

Marcus Hicks has established himself as one of the top defensive line recruits in the country. The four-star prospect out of Wichita Northwest (KS) holds 22 total offers and has hit the road hard this spring, making multiple visits to his top schools. “Recruiting is going great,” Hicks said. “I’ve gotten to go out and meet a lot of coaches and see how their schemes work. It’s giving me a better view of what I want to do in college. It’s an exciting process.”

Hicks recently made an unofficial visit to Texas and enjoyed his time on the Forty Acres. He bonded with defensive line coach Oscar Giles while in Austin, and the two are forming a strong relationship. “Coach Giles is always hitting me up and texting me,” Hicks said. “I also like their defense. In one of our meetings, he put my film and their film side-by-side, and it was exactly what I had been doing. It was really cool.”

So where exactly does Texas stand? “Texas is pretty high on my list,” Hicks said. “I like the coaches there, and I like the direction of the program. Like I said, they are high up there. I just don’t know how high yet.” Hicks only has one official visit set at this time — to Notre Dame on September 1. He is also considering making official visits to Oklahoma, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Kansas State and Texas.

At 6-foot-5, 236 pounds, Hicks is ranked as the No. 24 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Kansas, per 247Sports Composite.

E.J. Holland: Texas evaluating rising DE Shemar Pearl

Shemar Pearl is a prospect on the rise. The three-star defensive end out of Plano West now holds double digit offers and is carefully evaluating all of his options. “I’m still debating which schools are the top ones in my recruitment,” Pearl said. “As of right now, I’m just waiting until my senior season. I want to visit Arkansas, Colorado, Baylor, Alabama and Georgia.”

While Texas has yet to offer, the Longhorns hosted Pearl for junior day weekend back in February and have remained in contact. “Coach (Oscar) Giles said he’s going to keep in contact with me and see how I’m doing and all of that,” Pearl said. “They want me to go down there again for a visit. When I went for junior day, Coach Giles treated me like a Longhorn. I like him a lot.”

So are the Longhorns close to extending an offer? “I think Texas and Oklahoma State are close to offering me,” Pearl said. “An offer from Texas would mean a lot. It’s Texas. Nothing is bigger than Texas. It would be a huge deal.” Pearl hopes to visit Texas at some point this summer. At 6-foot-4, 220 pounds, Pearl is ranked as the No. 45 weak-side defensive end in the country and No. 70 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.