Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

I went cell phone-less last time I was in Italy. It was really good for my mental health until about three seconds after I got home and got back online.

I went cell phone-less and Internet-less last time I was in India, as well.

Not out of choice, mind you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

I went cell phone-less and Internet-less last time I was in India, as well.

Not out of choice, mind you.

I left my cell phone and laptop at a hotel in Helsinki the last time I went to Russia. Those guys will hack you faster than a New York minute. 

4 minutes ago, Bevojoe said:

I left my cell phone and laptop at a hotel in Helsinki the last time I went to Russia. Those guys will hack you faster than a New York minute. 

I think there are some words in your head that you left out of that sentence. 

16 minutes ago, ousux said:

Are we supposed to be impressed by the number of milkshakes he ingests every day?

Plus fried chicken is his favorite "food". Sad story we're witnessing, Roach might have the last laugh is that partnership although he's likely already on the ketch/kurt/golden plan.

1 hour ago, Bevojoe said:

Only time I was in Finland, I lost my phone. As in totally lost and never recovered. I think this swarthy guy in a late-night eatery an hour NW of Helsinki got it off my food tray. Pretty sure he was a Ruskie. No, I’m not joking. 

2 hours ago, Bevo said:

I was in Aspen and hung out with a girl from Norway who was incredibly hot so this hits close to home (except I don't drink coffee).

When I took a tour of Temple Square in Salt Lake City, my two guides were a girl from Norway and a girl from Finland who both spoke English with pretty good accents. I told the girl from Finland that I stayed in the hostel located in the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki before and after I took a short trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, so...

So this pretty much ties the last 2 pages up nicely by including Mormon missions*, a girl from Norway, times spent in Helsinki, and side trips to Russia.

#Winning #TigerBlood

*EDIT: Just realized that I was combining what I read on the Texas Summer Football Thread about Angilau with the Texas Recruiting Notes 2019 thread.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Like 1

When I took a tour of Temple Square in Salt Lake City, my two guides were a girl from Norway and a girl from Finland who both spoke English with pretty good accents. I told the girl from Finland that I stayed in the hostel located in the Olympic Stadium in Helsinki before and after I took a short trip to St. Petersburg, Russia, so...

So this pretty much ties the last 2 pages up nicely by including Mormon missions, a girl from Norway, times spent in Helsinki, and side trips to Russia.

#Winning #TigerBlood
If you mention a Norwegian girl, Finnish girl and hostel...

And then just end the story, how is that winning in any way, shape or form?

7 minutes ago, ousux said:

If you mention a Norwegian girl, Finnish girl and hostel...

And then just end the story, how is that winning in any way, shape or form?

There was no "winning" with the Mormon girl from Norway, nor the Mormon girl from Finland, without converting to LDS.

There was never going to be #winning in that sense of the word.

However, I did get an invite from Valentina Porzio*, from my hostel room in Berlin, to come visit her down in Napoli... where she drove around town in an underpowered tin can of a car, where we barely survived several roundabouts, so I would say that there was still some winning.

*Pics are on film in some containers in my parents' house back in Texas.

Edited by Napoleon

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There was no "winning" with the Mormon girl from Norway, nor the Mormon girl from Finland, without converting to LDS.

However, I did get an invite from Valentina Porzio*, from my hostel room in Berlin, to come visit her down in Napoli... where she drove around town in an underpowered tin can of a car, where we barely survived several roundabouts, so I would say that there was still some winning.

no. what you need to find is a mormon woman with an annulled marriage and kids. and get here to try and convert you. after the genie is out of the bottle, missionaries aint got shit on these girls. 

My life ambition now is to have a missionary kid come and talk to me, and me share my story. say, dude, she did this and I still didnt convert, what you got? lol

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

God Naples kicks ass. My girlfriend at the time hated it ("crowded and dirty") and I completely fell in love with it.

• Like 2

While we wait on a commit and ponder EJ’s Oedipal frappe tendencies, I thought I would mention an interesting factoid about beautiful European women viz a viz Aspen.  If you watched the Hedy Lamarr story the other night you heard that she basically invented Aspen as a ski resort.  One of her many wealthy husbands built a village there to remind her of her native Austria and assuage her boredom.  Eventually and inevitable she tried to claim it in the subsuequebt divorce but to no avail which I assume was due to her having a much shittier or possibly nonexistent lawyer compared to nth rich hubby.  Anyway this little tidbit of Aspen’s origins as a ski resort seems to be at odds with the Wikipedia version but I can’t offer any sort of reconciliation.  Anyway this Hedy Lamarr in addition to being a fox of the highest order (at least until she sadly disfigured herself with a series of ill advised plastic surgeries) was apparently also some sort of home spun scientific genious, who was posthumously credited with inventing the idea of frequency hopping to defeat German jamming of torpedo remote control signals.  Frequency hopping, we are told, became an essential component of modern wireless communications and had Ms Lamarr been properly componesated for the patent she coauthored would have reaped billions instead of just receiving an obscure and worthless pat on the back post death.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

God Naples kicks ass. My girlfriend at the time hated it ("crowded and dirty") and I completely fell in love with it.

It takes awhile to realize, but Naples is the best city in Europe - the combination of great food, gorgeous women, vivacious culture, street life, natural beauty, and historical depth is peerless. Lived there for several years and fucking miss it. An exhilarating, beguiling place.

• Like 1