Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It’s almost uncanny but I’ll be in Europe for almost these exact days. It’s a real shame that you hillbillies will have be here sorting EJ’s frappuccino choices and Bryan Carrington’s 🤫 counts without me. 

That, gentlemen, is a proper humblebrag.

Just now, bigup2dahorns said:

I just returned from a trip to the Amalfi Coast and Lake Como and I can confirm the ability to view and post on this thread from Europe. Also didn’t see any fat little American kids, with or without big vocabularies.

I see your humblebrag and I raise you 100 lira.

Edited by Scholz

12 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I just returned from a trip to the Amalfi Coast and Lake Como and I can confirm the ability to view and post on this thread from Europe. Also didn’t see any fat little American kids, with or without big vocabularies.

Had reception in Cinque Terra and Castelrotto and Montalcino so no problems in northern and central Italy. Can't answer for Sicily and the southern coast.

They don't always have an accent. Mine was born in Switzerland and lived in Holland until she was 18. Speaks American.
I've found some Scandinavians can mimick an American accent pretty well. Not Texan or anything, but they can sound Canadian or Minnersoterite convincingly..

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I went cell phone-less last time I was in Italy. It was really good for my mental health until about three seconds after I got home and got back online.

I was driving. Could not do without Siri telling me to take the third exit on the roundabout. Doing it with a map would have been a nightmare.

47 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

They don't always have an accent. Mine was born in Switzerland and lived in Holland until she was 18. Speaks American.

Sadly, this is what I deal with too. She sounds American until she starts drinking with family over there. That’s about my only complaint. I’m very pleased with myself to have sent this thread careening sideways towards cliff for the day, too. What else are we supposed to do?

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Sadly, this is what I deal with too. She sounds American until she starts drinking with family over there. That’s about my only complaint. I’m very pleased with myself to have sent this thread careening sideways towards cliff for the day, too. What else are we supposed to do?

Arent we supppsed to be drinking for this?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I will unapologetically have 4 American children with me everywhere, sir. And my wife is from there so we’re not going to be in the big cities constantly. I’ll PM you all of pics of our various travels. You’ll love it. 

Especially post pictures of your wife if you would be so kind ... I’m asking for a friend of course.

1 minute ago, Angry Gorilla said:

They were both also in GOT

There are like ten British character actors that just cycle around Hollywood. A friend and I literally text each other screenshots of Tobias Menzies every time he pops up as "squirrely low-grade villain" because he plays that in fucking everything. We're very cool.

29 minutes ago, South Austin said:

giphy.gif

I'd like to see Clark do that in a 5-berth Mercedes motorhome. In 2001, I drove one of those land yachts 2,400 miles across both islands of New Zealand. The hundreds of wrong-way roundabouts encountered along the way were pretty counterintuitive, but I managed to avoid swapping paint with any Kiwis. Sorry for not bringing back any rugby stars who yearned to play American football.   

• Like 1