Texas recruiting notes 2019

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's a pithy response and I'm sure you made yourself chuckle in a New Yorker comics kind of way, but I'm not trying to prove anything to you. If people want to be honestly nostalgic, I gave them a real chance. Some took it as such. I was entertained going back and reading it. You can keep pointing to some ethereal higher cause or standard if that's your thing, man. 

It wasn't nostalgia. Your earlier post suggests another straw man about those waxing poetic about the cornucopia of rich subject matter from the panoply of masterful posters from days gone by.

Sorry the pith ruined your day and cast me as a wannabe intellectual elitist who, gadzooks, has read New Yorker magazine. I will strive to match your salt-of-the-Earth ruminations in the future.

Have a myriad of last words. I will leave you with a snobby gif offered in full smugness and disdain for the masses who cannot hope to match my pith, genius, or reading list. (I even use a fancy pants Oxford comma!) 

9a52cb80f4ac267521c18dd2f4ceab4f.gif

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It wasn't nostalgia. Your earlier post suggests another straw man about those waxing poetic about the cornucopia of rich subject matter from the panoply of masterful posters from days gone by.

Sorry the pith ruined your day and cast me as a wannabe intellectual elitist who, gadzooks, has read New Yorker magazine. I will strive to match your salt-of-the-Earth ruminations in the future.

Have a myriad of last words. I will leave you with a snobby gif offered in full smugness and disdain for the masses who cannot hope to match my pith, genius, or reading list. (I even use a fancy pants Oxford comma!) 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God dammit Roma. You alone have done more to turn the last few pages of this shit fest even shittier. This place is the same shit as it always. The 2018 thread probably looks golden because we got so many guys so early and we were all amazed at Herman's recruiting prowess.  

2 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

God dammit Roma. You alone have done more to turn the last few pages of this shit fest even shittier. This place is the same shit as it always. The 2018 thread probably looks golden because we got so many guys so early and we were all amazed at Herman's recruiting prowess.  

Your memory might suck worse than mine. Maybe, I can’t remember.

57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I already told you that you had an attribution error. 

56 minutes ago, Machinator said:

OK.

Let's keep the good times rolling and add Will to this, since I'm pretty sure its his list.  @OnAComputer

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

To those waxing poetic about the cornucopia of rich subject matter from the panoply of masterful posters from days gone by, here's a link to what was being discussed, and by whom, a year ago today:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/160037-Texas-Recruiting-Notes-2018-Edition/page282

I assume fatkid54 is in the slammer for the day or something, and tokamak must be in a meeting, but it's mostly the same ol' same ol. Also, nothing of importance happened on this day last year. Maybe we'll see something interesting occur this time around. 

I forgot how great those last year in recruiting thread posts were.  Seeing Mike Roach CB Angilau to the good guys just warms the heart.

Not sure if this has been posted. Completely unwilling to go back and try to find out. Herman, Chang and the rest of those cats are on a completely different level when it comes to understanding what Texas is. The last component will be the on-field results and I am confident that it is coming, but this shit right here? This stuff matters and we haven't had a coach truly understand and use it to his advantage. Not like this.  \m/  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Not sure if this has been posted. Completely unwilling to go back and try to find out. Herman, Chang and the rest of those cats are on a completely different level when it comes to understanding what Texas is. The last component will be the on-field results and I am confident that it is coming, but this shit right here? This stuff matters and we haven't had a coach truly understand and use it to his advantage. Not like this.  \m/  

I'm pretty sure this was filmed when Charlie was still the head coach...I may be wrong but I thought I remember seeing this well over a year ago.

44 minutes ago, Fud said:

and maybe Jordan Patterson, although I'm not sure how hard we're recruiting him. 
Jordan Patterson 6'3-1/2 195 4.59 4.49 34.0 32.8 89.07

If he continues to make strides in the classroom I think he ends up in this class.  On the field he is an easy take in any class. 

Also this is funny 

6 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

I'm pretty sure this was filmed when Charlie was still the head coach...I may be wrong but I thought I remember seeing this well over a year ago.

I'm not sure when it was taken, but it's since Herman has been here. You can see Kertstetter at the beginning. Gary Johnson and Toneil Carter also make appearances.

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins

10 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

2 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

I'm not sure when it was taken, but it's since Herman has been here. You can see Kertstetter at the beginning. Gary Johnson and Toneil Carter also make appearances.

There's also the small matter of one of the interviewees saying "coach Herman" at the 28 second mark of the video.

To those waxing poetic about the cornucopia of rich subject matter from the panoply of masterful posters from days gone by, here's a link to what was being discussed, and by whom, a year ago today:
http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/160037-Texas-Recruiting-Notes-2018-Edition/page282
I assume fatkid54 is in the slammer for the day or something, and tokamak must be in a meeting, but it's mostly the same ol' same ol. Also, nothing of importance happened on this day last year. Maybe we'll see something interesting occur this time around. 
I got the second post on that page, what do I win?

16 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

4Ever Texas started 1 year ago today and it was a Chang/Herman construct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Let's keep the good times rolling and add Will to this, since I'm pretty sure its his list.  @OnAComputer

I forgot how great those last year in recruiting thread posts were.  Seeing Mike Roach CB Angilau to the good guys just warms the heart.

59 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

61zBBa0.gif

@Machinator's list is right.

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There were 3 outstanding shhh's ahead of this. They were Smith, Adimora, and then Wiley. This one is different. You weren't counting and attributing correctly. 

I probably don't follow the Carrington stuff the way you guys do, I admit that. So maybe there's a missing shhh from the list, maybe fuck yourselves, whatever. Either way, you're missing the point. Smith and Adimora have been silents for weeks and they happened nearly on top one another. Wiley is a new one. Today there's another. This isn't a recency issue for me regarding Smith and Adimora. OnAComputer should give Adimora a ring or something, if it's been awhile. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I probably don't follow the Carrington stuff the way you guys do, I admit that. So maybe there's a missing shhh from the list, maybe fuck yourselves, whatever. Either way, you're missing the point. Smith and Adimora have been silents for weeks and they happened nearly on top one another. Wiley is a new one. Today there's another. This isn't a recency issue for me regarding Smith and Adimora. OnAComputer should give Adimora a ring or something, if it's been awhile. 

Who is your guess to the new "Shh" if it is not Jake Smith, Chris Adimora, or Jared Wiley? Makiya Tongue? Jaylen Waddle? Deunte Chapman?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

59 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You clearly don't read the New Yorker.

Here is my professorial rant captured on video.

56btDabKS3SXVHQeaRjC_Classroom%20Nutshot

I didn't realize you were fatkid54's pedantic brother. I bet you're huge in Germany. 

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Who is your guess to the new "Shh" if it is not Jake Smith, Chris Adimora, or Jared Wiley? Makiya Tongue? Jaylen Waddle? Deunte Chapman?

I don't have anything helpful to offer on that one. My guess is the DE that is cousins with Carter, but it's just that, a guess.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, rickyspub said:

Wish they would have shown what he tweeted after this one:

"The culture of a MILF determines readiness more than any botox, foreplay, or size of rack. We are constantly on the lookout for gals that are great culture fits from the right husband. We've found that women who cheat on Jimbo Fisher consistently produce nice, parking lot-ready blowjobs."

Goddamn that is an entry for post of the year!!!

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How about it don’t make a shit? 

we get who we get when we get them. And even that isn’t certain until they sign. 

So trying to be so laser precise in the interim seems silly. 

What do you think we do here on this board?

• Like 4

The board is a little stale versus a few years ago because a) there were many new inventions that brought lulz and excitement, like Malikmas, cat facts, Charlie’s signing day surprise, etc. and b) we are in a lull right now, having lost Leal, Wilson and Na Na. We need some excitement, but the recruiting board is a marathon, not a sprint. See Carrington pic.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The board is a little stale versus a few years ago because a) there were many new inventions that brought lulz and excitement, like Malikmas, cat facts, Charlie’s signing day surprise, etc. and b) we are in a lull right now, having lost Leal, Wilson and Na Na. We need some excitement, but the recruiting board is a marathon, not a sprint. See Carrington pic.

2016-06-apples-oranges.jpg

• Haha 1