Texas recruiting notes 2019

6 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I seriously doubt it was someone out of USC.  Scott  Schrader (he missed on only one projection in the 2018 class) projected Chris to USC in October, Greg Biggins just posted on Premium that Chris was as close to a lock for USC as it can get.  He put 2 plus 2 together, it wasn't hard.  The interviews with Chris after his official this weekend sounded like a commitment video.

Swanson took a calculated guess, and lost, that's what he does....he has been barred from the USC campus before, and now because of this leak, parents of recruits, the recruits and our current players are blocking him on Twitter as well as denying him access.

by the way, Oklahoma was never really in it, liking a visit (he liked all his visits) is far from actually wanting to attend the school.   SUX!

fify...you'll learn one day young Padawan.

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

7 hours ago, TrojanPrincess said:

The guy is a prick.  He just had numerous players and parents block him, and by extension, Rivals.  

When did USC hire Ketchum? Was Austin not far enough left (no CR), or did he just need to be closer to open waters for feeding?

Edited by Vertigo

16 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

I seriously doubt it was someone out of USC.  Scott  Schrader (he missed on only one projection in the 2018 class) projected Chris to USC in October, Greg Biggins just posted on Premium that Chris was as close to a lock for USC as it can get.  He put 2 plus 2 together, it wasn't hard.  The interviews with Chris after his official this weekend sounded like a commitment video.

Swanson took a calculated guess, and lost, that's what he does....he has been barred from the USC campus before, and now because of this leak, parents of recruits, the recruits and our current players are blocking him on Twitter as well as denying him access.

by the way, Oklahoma was never really in it, liking a visit (he liked all his visits) is far from actually wanting to attend the school.  

Does the USC side consider McCoy to be a lock?

19 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

by the way, Oklahoma was never really in it, liking a visit (he liked all his visits) is far from actually wanting to attend the school.  

Well shit.. now he sounds like Hamm. 

Edited by Vertigo

On 6/18/2018 at 7:54 PM, OnAComputer said:

Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

You look so good in love.

Take on me. Take me on. I’ll be gone in a day or two.

What’s new pussycat?

The original list of phrases for Baizer to include, for those who are looking back for it.

16 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah I thought we already knew Tongue was going to Georgia?

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

We know Tongue wants Georgia, but we don't know if Georgia wants him right now. We also don't know how an LSU offer in the short term would change the dynamic of his recruitment.

Lots of ins, outs, and what have yous. 

• Like 1

E.J. Holland's Big Board: Offensive Line

With the spring evaluation period over and done with, it’s time to reset the big boards and look at where Texas stands with its targets at each position. We continue the series by taking a look at offensive line recruiting.

Commits:

Tyler Johnson, Conroe Oak Ridge —Johnson gave Texas a verbal commitment last month and instantly became the biggest land of the cycle. The Longhorns did a terrific job if closing with Johnson, who could be a cornerstone right tackle for several years. Johnson picked Texas over a slew of major offers and will be firm with his commitment throughout the course of the recruiting process.

Top Targets:

Javonne Shepherd, Houston North Forest — The Shepherd visit saga is officially over as the four-star tackle made his way to Austin for the Heat Wave recruiting event. And the visit couldn’t have gone any better. Texas absolutely blew him away and maintained the pole position in his recruitment. While Texas A&M is making a big push, Texas should feel really good about where it stands at this point in the process. Shepherd will be back for an official visit in the fall.

Stacey Wilkins, Camden Fairview (Ark.) — There was a time where Texas was surging for Wilkins. After all, Texas made a big impression on his junior day visit, and he really connected with UT staffer Jake Langi over their Polynesian ties. But Oklahoma quickly took the lead, and the Sooners still appear to be the favorites at this time. With that said, Texas will get another shot at Wilkins when he makes his official visit in September.

Chris Akporoghene, IMG Academy (Fla.) — Texas hosted Akporoghene for its annual Heat Wave recruiting event and made a huge impact. A few days after making his way to Austin, Akporoghene named Texas a finalist along with Duke, Oregon, Nebraska and Tennessee. Akporoghene is originally from Tennessee, so the Volunteers appear to have the edge, but Texas will have another chance to wow him when it gets him back for an official visit in the fall.

Offered Prospects:

Andrew Coker, Katy Taylor — Coker recently gave TCU a verbal commitment, but Texas will continue to push for his services this fall. Don’t be surprised if the Longhorns are able to get him on campus and make this one an interesting recruitment moving forward.

Kardell Thomas, Southern Lab (La.) —Thomas is committed to LSU but has been open about making other visits this fall. While there hasn’t been much communication, Texas is certainly a possibility. Remember, Thomas was high on Texas last year and made it down to Austin for junior day.

William Putnam, Tampa Plant (Fla.) —Texas extended an offer to Putnam during the spring evaluation period, but it is unclear if there is any interest on his end. Right now, Florida State seems to be the clear team to beat in his recruitment. It will be interesting to see if UT can convince him to visit.

On The Radar:

Evan Neal, IMG Academy (Fla.) — Texas hosted Neal for an unofficial visit this offseason and could circle back to him later in the process. The four-star prospect holds several major offers.

Preston Wilson, Argyle —Texas also played host to Wilson this offseason and has shown some interest in the three-star prospect. He recently gave Oklahoma State a verbal commitment.

Ricky Stromberg, Tulsa Union (Okla.) —Stromberg doesn’t have a gaudy offer list, but his name has been linked to Texas. Remember, UT offensive line coach Herb Hand has ties in the Tulsa-area.

2 hours ago, TexasFan21 said:

Pasting this to see everyone freak out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep he's competing in the state 7v7 and I'll be there to interview the guys with Texas offers. 

Edited by utfan87

EJ after dark: Texas pushing for Georgia RB

— Every cycle, a recruit that we’re not expecting to show major interest in Texas comes along late in the cycle. This year’s candidate is Buford (GA) running back Derrian Brown. I’ve been told that area recruiter Jason Washington is making some headway in this recruitment and that Brown is strongly considering taking a visit to Texas in the fall. I spoke to a source familiar with Brown’s recruitment, who assured me that Texas is in the mix, but that right now, he’s more likely to land in the SEC. The source also said that Texas is making a hard push and that he is viewed as a Jamaal Charles like player.

— I put in a Crystal Ball pick for four-star defensive lineman Marcus Stripling to land at Texas A&M yesterday. Honestly, I thought I made that pick a long time ago. Stripling has always favored the Aggies, and I have to no reason to believe that they aren’t the favorites. However, Stripling is still considering Texas, and the Longhorns are likely to receive an official visit in the fall/winter. It seems like Stripling is going to take his time with the process, which is good news for UT.

— I’ve been told that junior college defensive lineman Jermaine Johnson is strongly considering shutting things down in August. If that’s the case then I expect Johnson to side with Georgia. If he holds off on a decision, Texas would likely receive an official visit in the fall. While he enjoyed his trip to Austin earlier this month, there is still some work to do in this recruitment.

— University Lab (La.) athlete Christian Harris did not name Texas in his Top 4 yesterday. However, I have been told that there has been some contact between Harris’ father and Texas over the last couple of days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a visit at some point. But right now, Texas A&M is the frontrunner in his recruitment, and I expect him to land there.

13 minutes ago, satyanash said:

EJ after dark: Texas pushing for Georgia RB

Hide contents

— Every cycle, a recruit that we’re not expecting to show major interest in Texas comes along late in the cycle. This year’s candidate is Buford (GA) running back Derrian Brown. I’ve been told that area recruiter Jason Washington is making some headway in this recruitment and that Brown is strongly considering taking a visit to Texas in the fall. I spoke to a source familiar with Brown’s recruitment, who assured me that Texas is in the mix, but that right now, he’s more likely to land in the SEC. The source also said that Texas is making a hard push and that he is viewed as a Jamaal Charles like player.

— I put in a Crystal Ball pick for four-star defensive lineman Marcus Stripling to land at Texas A&M yesterday. Honestly, I thought I made that pick a long time ago. Stripling has always favored the Aggies, and I have to no reason to believe that they aren’t the favorites. However, Stripling is still considering Texas, and the Longhorns are likely to receive an official visit in the fall/winter. It seems like Stripling is going to take his time with the process, which is good news for UT.

— I’ve been told that junior college defensive lineman Jermaine Johnson is strongly considering shutting things down in August. If that’s the case then I expect Johnson to side with Georgia. If he holds off on a decision, Texas would likely receive an official visit in the fall. While he enjoyed his trip to Austin earlier this month, there is still some work to do in this recruitment.

— University Lab (La.) athlete Christian Harris did not name Texas in his Top 4 yesterday. However, I have been told that there has been some contact between Harris’ father and Texas over the last couple of days, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes a visit at some point. But right now, Texas A&M is the frontrunner in his recruitment, and I expect him to land there.

Need NKAA thread. No Kool-aid at all.