Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

This has all become so tiresome. If you repeat something enough, it becomes true. If you can get other people to believe and repeat it, even better. So many things are repeated ad nauseum on this board, and if you disagree, you get insulted by 50 cent words. And, to top it off, there is no way to prove the parrots are wrong.

This board has become a superfund site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made your mom a superfund site last night.

This has all become so tiresome. If you repeat something enough, it becomes true. If you can get other people to believe and repeat it, even better. So many things are repeated ad nauseum on this board, and if you disagree, you get insulted by 50 cent words. And, to top it off, there is no way to prove the parrots are wrong.

Which fake news keeps getting repeated ad nauseum?

1 hour ago, coachkiss said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Nice use of foment and vomit in the same post. Seriously. You're smart and articulate.

This new tiresome outbreak of coach bashing is a Pandora story. A little curiosity paved the way for a tempest of bloviation and hate untempered by humility or respect for those who disagree or merely don't care to hear it all again. The coach bashing becomes a cause rather than an observation. You become Jehovah's Witnesses appearing at the door everyday to spread your Truth. 

"It's the off season or dead period" is not an excuse. Maybe try restraint instead of assuming something must be written. Or try something like, "you all know my feelings about Giles, so I'll just say..."

Again, most of the anti-Giles et al crew are very smart. That doesn't make you incapable of being tedious or condescending.

I won't participate in the coming argument about my role as thread police or why the unwashed masses need to be educated by the pristine. This is my say.

You try too hard, sometimes, man. That’s an awkward post. 

Thanks for the advice, though. I not only needed it, I’m going to take it to heart and really let it shine through my posts in the future. I’ll “assume positive intent” and “seek first to understand” before pointing out that posters or Derek Warehime or Drew Mehringer or Oscar Giles aren’t worth the fucking bullet it would take to put them down. Good talk, pops.

People have been attempting to coach me or counsel me on my posting behavior for the past 21+ years on the boards. It’s worked out really well for them and you should continue to carry the torch. I think you’re going to find it really fulfilling. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Thanks for the advice, though. I not only needed it, I’m going to take it to heart and really let it shine through my posts in the future. I’ll “assume positive intent” and “seek first to understand” before pointing out that posters or Derek Warehime or Drew Mehringer or Oscar Giles aren’t worth the fucking bullet it would take to put them down. Good talk, pops.

People have been attempting to coach me or counsel me on my posting behavior for the past 21+ years on the boards. It’s worked out really well for them and you should continue to carry the torch. I think you’re going to find it really fulfilling. 

It's not your fault

Image result for its not your fault

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The only reason people put up with your shouting down of everyone with a differing opinion is because you regularly drop useful information. I'm not even taking a side in the arguments because I rarely post, but I do appreciate everyone who contributes on this thread. However, Oscar Giles isn't in the same vein as Warehime or Mehringer in my book.  Your jihad against him is strange. Obviously his recruiting is less than ideal, but the vitriol shown toward him is breathtaking. He is a Longhorn and no Longhorn who is mediocre to bad at their job deserves to have comments like the above thrown their way. Simply because he didn't get some football recruits you wanted. Be better as a person. 

Edited by Hook'Em0608
  • Like 9
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

The only reason people put up with your shouting down of everyone with a differing opinion is because you regularly drop useful information. I'm not even taking a side in the arguments because I rarely post, but I do appreciate everyone who contributes on this thread. However, Oscar Giles isn't in the same vein as Warehime or Mehringer in my book.  Your jihad against him is strange. Obviously his recruiting is less than ideal, but the vitriol shown toward him is breathtaking. He is a Longhorn and no Longhorn who is mediocre to bad at their job deserves to have comments like the above thrown their way. Be better as a person. 

Fuck that shit. Any human being period who is mediocre to shitty at a job deserves to be criticized. Any person who has been made a millionaire doing said job deserves an order of magnitude of such criticism. And sparing someone because they are longhorn? That is some fucking Aggie bullshit behavior. We should be more willing to have honest criticism of our own because we are not and (most, not all appatently) strive to not be like those groupthink-Good-Ag-idiots. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

The only reason people put up with your shouting down of everyone with a differing opinion is because you regularly drop useful information. I'm not even taking a side in the arguments because I rarely post, but I do appreciate everyone who contributes on this thread. However, Oscar Giles isn't in the same vein as Warehime or Mehringer in my book.  Your jihad against him is strange. Obviously his recruiting is less than ideal, but the vitriol shown toward him is breathtaking. He is a Longhorn and no Longhorn who is mediocre to bad at their job deserves to have comments like the above thrown their way. Simply because he didn't get some football recruits you wanted. Be better as a person. 

Thank you for the advice on how to be a “good person”. I’m going to roll this in with RomaVicta’s good parenting and really try to regroup for you guys. 

The “Oscar is a Horn!” defense is probably the weakest, most aggie-esque of all of the defenses that get tossed out there for the guy. Either the fucking dude is helping the program get better every day or he isn’t. His alma mater means precisely dick to me and many others. 

This shit always brings out the pearl clutchers. Inevitably I’m the big meanie beating up on poor ol’coach whoever, who’s getting paid mid-6 figures to coach a child’s game in which we all follow and Texas hasn’t been very good at in quite the while. But carry on, I’m being hurtful to poor Oscar for the 4-5 posts on him in which I’ve had a take. That’s what has the program below .500 over the past 4 seasons. 

• Like 6

Did I stumble onto the wrong website? This is SurlyHorns, correct, the place where we take pride in being assholes to anyone and everyone?

As far as I can tell, most of the criticism has been of the work Oscar has done on the trail. Nobody has made ill comments about his character (except perhaps to call his recruiting, which seems reasonable considering the results) or wished harm on him or his loved ones.

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Fuck that shit. Any human being period who is mediocre to shitty at a job deserves to be criticized. Any person who has been made a millionaire doing said job deserves an order of magnitude of such criticism. And sparing someone because they are longhorn? That is some fucking Aggie bullshit behavior. We should be more willing to have honest criticism of our own because we are not and (most, not all appatently) strive to not be like those groupthink-Good-Ag-idiots. 

Okay, cool, we should metaphorically kill off any Longhorn who doesn't bring in the football recruits we covet. Now that's some aggy bull shit. 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thank you for the advice on how to be a “good person”. I’m going to roll this in with RomaVicta’s good parenting and really try to regroup for you guys. 

The “Oscar is a Horn!” defense is probably the weakest, most aggie-esque of all of the defenses that get tossed out there for the guy. Either the fucking dude is helping the program get better every day or he isn’t. His alma mater means precisely dick to me and many others. 

This shit always brings out the pearl clutchers. Inevitably I’m the big meanie beating up on poor ol’coach whoever, who’s getting paid mid-6 figures to coach a child’s game in which we all follow and Texas hasn’t been very good at in quite the while. But carry on, I’m being hurtful to poor Oscar for the 4-5 posts on him in which I’ve had a take. That’s what has the program below .500 over the past 4 seasons. 

Nobody has an issue with you pointing out Giles flaws. It was obvious his first go around here. It's the manner in which you do it that is a beating. It's over the top and I know you wont change because I quoted you. I still think you are an asshole for it though, and it's a message board, so I'm free to post shit the same way you are. 

Just now, Hook'Em0608 said:

Okay, cool, we should metaphorically kill off any Longhorn who doesn't bring in the football recruits we covet.

Cool straw man. It's been said many times over that Giles is a plus coach, and if we can hire someone else to shore up DL recruiting while cutting one of the deficient coaches on offense, that would be a more than acceptable outcome without having to fire Giles.

1 minute ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Okay, cool, we should metaphorically kill off any Longhorn who doesn't bring in the football recruits we covet. Now that's some aggy bull shit. 

Who said Kill off? I said criticize. And ive never advocated oscar even be fired. And no, you clearly fo not understand how aggy works at all. 

Just now, Machinator said:

Cool straw man. It's been said many times over that Giles is a plus coach, and if we can hire someone else to shore up DL recruiting while cutting one of the deficient coaches on offense, that would be a more than acceptable outcome without having to fire Giles.

I agree with you, but I'm still tired of the bash brothers shtick on this thread. They have become more insufferable than they were on Shaggy. It's over the top and doesn't bring anything new or relevant to the thread. But neither am I, so I'll tap out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Who said Kill off? I said criticize. And ive never advocated oscar even be fired. And no, you clearly fo not understand how aggy works at all. 

I even bolded the fucking statement I was referring to in my original reply. Can you read?

I believe I can help with this whole Pan Pam dilemma. 

The problem seems to be some people doesn’t understand the concept of a metaphor. 

CTJ wasn’t saying Oscar Giles isn’t worth the bullet someone should actually use to shoot him with, ie, kill him. He was comparing the use of a bullet to the price that it would cost Texas to fire him. Saying Giles wasn’t worth the amount of money it would take to buy out his contact. 

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

Do you even Shaggy, bro? We rip on anyone and anything without mercy. It’s like South Park on steroids. We even take pride in tearing into each other for sport. 

This is not a place for someone with sand in their vagina. 

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I believe I can help with this whole Pan Pam dilemma. 

The problem seems to be some people doesn’t understand the concept of a metaphor. 

CTJ wasn’t saying Oscar Giles isn’t worth the bullet someone should actually use to shoot him with, ie, kill him. He was comparing the use of a bullet to the price that it would cost Texas to fire him. Saying Giles wasn’t worth the amount of money it would take to buy out his contact. 

Meh....the provocative metaphor wasn’t an accident. He got the reaction he was looking for.

OK, let's change pace here while waiting for 2:30 to arrive. What's a realistic class at this point?

QB (1): Roschon

RB (1): Cain

WR (5): Whittington, Smith, Houston, Wright, Higgins/Ellis/Washington/other

TE (2): Liebrock, Wiley

OL (5): Johnson, Shepherd, swing tackle or late bloomer, center prospect, JUCO

DL (4): Sweat, Mpagi, T. Carter, late bloomer or JUCO

LB (2): Floyd, some OOS take like Cooper or a late bloomer

DB (5): Watson, Caldwell, Adimora, Catalon, Cine or some late bloomer

ATH (1): Tongue

<50% chance of getting them but they have spots reserved if they want to come: Leal, Bru, Rian Davis, Jermaine Johnson, Wilson, Stingley

Questions:

Does the staff try their luck with the grad transfer market again at OT instead of the JUCO ranks?

If we don't land Cine or a comparable prospect do we stick with 4 DBs and save a spot for the loaded 2020 DB class?

How will LB recruiting shape up? I feel we have the least clarity on that right now.

If we get Tongue and Wright, do we take a 5th true WR (probably depends on what CJ and/or LJH do after this season)?

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, coachkiss said:

No one said anything was fake. It may be. It may not be. But since you can’t prove it untrue, you only need enough people repeating it to prove it true in public opinion.

Hell yes. Let's get some philosophy going up in here. What is truth anyways? Is there such a thing as objective truth? What if we're all in a cave looking at the shadow of Giles? And he's in the cave because he went in there to take a nap rather than go recruit a DT in another state? You really raise some interesting topics that I hope we can explore in this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Nice use of foment and vomit in the same post. Seriously. You're smart and articulate.

This new tiresome outbreak of coach bashing is a Pandora story. A little curiosity paved the way for a tempest of bloviation and hate untempered by humility or respect for those who disagree or merely don't care to hear it all again. The coach bashing becomes a cause rather than an observation. You become Jehovah's Witnesses appearing at the door everyday to spread your Truth. 

"It's the off season or dead period" is not an excuse. Maybe try restraint instead of assuming something must be written. Or try something like, "you all know my feelings about Giles, so I'll just say..."

Again, most of the anti-Giles et al crew are very smart. That doesn't make you incapable of being tedious or condescending.

I won't participate in the coming argument about my role as thread police or why the unwashed masses need to be educated by the pristine. This is my say.

tumblr_nul2yriQpK1rrx588o1_500.gif

52 minutes ago, Hook'Em0608 said:

I agree with you, but I'm still tired of the bash brothers shtick on this thread. They have become more insufferable than they were on Shaggy. It's over the top and doesn't bring anything new or relevant to the thread. But neither am I, so I'll tap out. 

Please keep posting. Quality unimportant. Avatar is a day brightener / pants tightener 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

TeYou try too hard, sometimes, man. That’s an awkward post. 

So, how do you feel about your posting style? Do you feel like you have any pent up anger?

Is it because a famous football player punched you in the face during a basketball game for "no reason" after you dove at his feet and talked shit at a football game months earlier? Is it because Sydney use to drive a nicer car than you? Tell me about it?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hell yes. Let's get some philosophy going up in here. What is truth anyways? Is there such a thing as objective truth? What if we're all in a cave looking at the shadow of Giles? And he's in the cave because he went in there to take a nap rather than go recruit a DT in another state? You really raise some interesting topics that I hope we can explore in this thread. 

If Warehime shits in the woods and no recruits are there to smell it, would CTJ still know about it?

• Like 3