Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Leal is a 4i. With his pass rushing ability, he must stay outside. 

Sweat will be a nose tackle eventually. He will play 4i though as he gains weight. 

Watson is a corner. 

Gbenda is a Rover. Floyd Mike. Rian Davis B-Backer extraordinaire. 

I'll agree that the "Big Athlete" will be a West African American or a Louisianimal. 

You're a declarative guy, bill, which I can appreciate. That considered, you don't know where in the fuck Watson winds up at Texas any more than anyone else. They're looking at him as a guy who could play multiple positions within the secondary, which is how I framed it. 

Leal is an interior DL at the next level with excellent pass rushing skills. He's a 4-3 3 technique or a 3-4 4i with backers shaded over him.  DT. 

I was listing guys for where they're currently qualified by the services, with the exception of Watson, because I was providing information. Honestly the handwringing fellow recruitniks do over projecting players to new positions, or spinning players down, is simply something I've never been able to get into. I get it, but meh.

2 hours ago, Fud said:

I'd think that Richardson is unique enough to where he wouldn't lose his spot like O'Neal did, and that we'd keep recruiting him until the end, but we'll see 

At some point he'll visit TCU and then Jimbo will force him to decommit, and it'll be a free for all 

I don't think we will hear about Richardson visiting anywhere else unless he decides to light ATM on fire and announce it during the visit on social media.

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

Seeing CTJ go from Texas has no chance at Green to putting him in the class calculator has me giddy as a schoolboy.

New shit came to light. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think we will hear about Richardson visiting anywhere else unless he decides to light ATM on fire and announce it during the visit on social media.

But the big question here is, have YOU heard of Richardson visiting anywhere outside the Station since he committed?

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Since we're talking numbers and takes and this is a new board, what the hell.

• QB 1 - RoJo - A transfer before the season leads to a safety selection at QB2
  • TB 2 - Cain, Unknown - They're looking for a tweener between A-back and TB outside of Major and Cain
  • TE 2 - National Guy, Local Project - I could see them going with just one here
  • WR 4 - Whittington, Wilson, Higgins, Wright - They purposefully have held off on pushing for legit talent in guys like Henderson because they think they're landing the top guys on their board.
  • Center 1 - Bragg - Outside of RoJo, I think this is the most important guy in this class. 
  • OG 2 - Green, Local Project - I have a hard time seeing them not taking 5 OLs in this class.
  • OT 2 - Shepard, Johnson - I do not think we get Wilkins
  • DT 2 - Leal, Guessy McGuessterson - The Hawaiian is a wild card with no natural allegiances. It's still tough for me to buy.
  • DE 2 - Sweat, NOMNOMNOMNOM - I could see a fifth DL coming in the form of a thinner guy and Sweat growing into DT
  • OLB 2 - Floyd, Davis - Floyd may grow into more of a MLB type. I think they really want Davis. 
  • MLB 1 -Gbenda
  • CB 2 - Banks, TB Determined - A lot of people think this is where Watson lands. Same is said for Steele, but I think he winds up at safety, and not for Texas. 
  • S 2 - Catalon, Known Unknown - I do not believe that Richardson is going to show up in time, and Texas will approach others by the summer. If Richardson makes an appearance, maybe he's the other guy.
  • Quick Athlete 1 - Watson
  • Big Athlete 1 - Knowny Unknownistan - Maybe someone like an Mpagi or Ugwoegbu or another large Nigerian that can project to multiple positions.

I don't see Texas signing less than 25 and I think 27-28 is where it finishes if they win 9+ and get into a feeding frenzy. 

What about NaNa?

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Looks like Kenyatta Watson won't be coming in this weekend. Headed to a 7-on-7 tournament in California instead.

In today's OP, the brainiacs said he's arriving tonight and visiting tomorrow.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

28 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

In today's OP, the brainiacs said he's arriving tonight and visiting tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm not so sure what to think. Super K originally said he was coming in Tuesday and leaving Thursday, then changed that to coming in Wednesday and leaving Thursday, now OBs is saying he's not coming in at all. I guess we'll see soon enough.

There's been enough numbers talk for the incoming class; just for comparison sake here's what we have for sure outgoing by the end of the 2018 season:

QB: 0

RB: 0

WR (2): Burt, Heard

TE (1): Beck

OL (2): Rodriguez, Anderson

DL (4): Nelson, Omenihu, Hager, Chisholm 

LB (3): Freeman, Wheeler, G. Johnson

CB (2): K. Boyd, D. Davis

S (2): Locke, Bonney

K/P (1): Rowland

The numbers for WR, RB, and CB could easily balloon with early draft entrants or transfers.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Why not? They've done it before with oos prospects. It gives us an idea how he compares to our in-state options.

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Seems like there are a lot of good recruits coming out of Georgia.  It’s not like it’s Massachusetts or some such.