Texas recruiting notes 2019

I do wonder a little bit about how staff shakeups with Mehringer, Giles, Warehime, and Beck would affect the class. I don't see Giles or Warehime impacting the DL or TE commits, but the other two I think it might if we don't get nice replacements (which we should). I guess Beck definitely wouldn't affect Roschon and probably wouldn't hurt anyone else but he did have a big hand in the AZ guys. A lot of shakeup might make it harder to close on NSD guys.

End of the day no recruit is worth keeping a bad coach. 

30 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I do wonder a little bit about how staff shakeups with Mehringer, Giles, Warehime, and Beck would affect the class. I don't see Giles or Warehime impacting the DL or TE commits, but the other two I think it might if we don't get nice replacements (which we should). I guess Beck definitely wouldn't affect Roschon and probably wouldn't hurt anyone else but he did have a big hand in the AZ guys. A lot of shakeup might make it harder to close on NSD guys.

tumblr_inline_p7gnkpEKR61t16f12_250.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Signing day 1.  Our guys sign. Then some coaches announce they are moving on to pursue other opportunities.  Super dandy new hires take over, calm is restored, then we snake some prized recruits that the super dandy new hires have been working on for sd2. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, satyanash said:

Demas and Evans are pretty close (they live in a similar area) and there's a good chance they'll play in college together, though it would be a stretch to call them a packaged deal. If they played at the same school it is more likely that school is simply perceived as on the rise or an established national power. Previously they have both liked Texas, Alabama, and Georgia. As you likely know, Demas is currently committed to A&M, and I believe Justin will add a note on that. Some have felt that Demas being committed to A&M has given the Aggies the lead with Evans. While it helps to a degree, I don't think it moves the needle much at this time. Evans is his own man and that recruitment has a long way to go. 

Well, which is it?

I think the only way all 3 of those guys get fired is if Texas completely shits the bed this season. In which case recruiting will absolutely tank and it won’t really matter who the coaches are.

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I think the only way all 3 of those guys get fired is if Texas completely shits the bed this season. In which case recruiting will absolutely tank and it won’t really matter who the coaches are.

Agree. If we make changes without a bed-shitting, just an upgrade, I don't think it affects anyone.

5 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I agree with the last sentence 100%.  But Herman isn’t replacing Mehringer, Giles, Warehime, or Beck so the impact to recruits isn’t likely to amount to much. 

• Fuck You 1

I’m gonna apologize in advance because I don’t want to come off as a dumbass that keeps asking why we didn’t get Oliver 2 years ago but I haven’t been able to keep up with the board over the past few months but the last time I checked in we were all talking about Noah Cain as our top RB take, and now I see people are talking about the 5* Trey Sanders (which would be amazing) but what happened with Cain?  I see his LSU CBs have been moving up but I’d like to get a quick summary if any of you fuckers have a minute.

Adding Gbenda and Washington (if they're the shhh's) to the calculator puts at #7 in the composite with 18 commits. 

UGA (292.57, 19)

Bama (287.16, 21)

A&M (287.15, 25)

Oregon (271.12, 21)

Clemson (268.48, 24)

OU (266.87, 18)

Texas (261.64, 18)

We would have the 7th highest average at 91.70 (behind UGA, Bama, tOSU FSU, Auburn, OU)

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

I’m gonna apologize in advance because I don’t want to come off as a dumbass that keeps asking why we didn’t get Oliver 2 years ago but I haven’t been able to keep up with the board over the past few months but the last time I checked in we were all talking about Noah Cain as our top RB take, and now I see people are talking about the 5* Trey Sanders (which would be amazing) but what happened with Cain?  I see his LSU CBs have been moving up but I’d like to get a quick summary if any of you fuckers have a minute.

It was looking like LSU wouldn't have room but John Emery committed to UGA instead

Plus with the start LSU is having it's going to be hard to beat them for someone with ties to Baton Rouge (ala Cain's dad or whatever)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

LSU doing well hurts us with Cain 

A Brown and Glass class seems inevitable, for better or for worse 

• Like 1

EJ after dark: New Crystal Ball picks in for Texas

— I put in a new Crystal Ball pick in for four-star 2020 Highland Park defensive end Prince Dorbah today. Texas made a huge impression on him this weekend, and he made it a point to tell me that the crowd at UT was louder than the crowd at Oklahoma — he absolutely loved the atmosphere. He also has a strong relationship with defensive line coach Oscar Giles, who has been recruiting him hard since the spring. Arkansas and OU remain big threats, but Texas is in a great spot coming off the win.

— I also put in a new Crystal Ball pick for four-star 2020 Cy Ridge defensive lineman Vernon Broughton. He has visited UT on multiple occasions over the last several months, and the Longhorns seem to be separating themselves early on. If Texas keeps winning, I could see them closing with Broughton down the line. This visit was a big step in the right direction. SEC schools Alabama, Georgia and Texas A&M as well as Oklahoma are others to watch in this recruitment.

— I recently switched my Crystal Ball from Texas to Texas A&M for four-star 2020 Cibolo Steele defensive back Jaylon Jones. There was some buzz that Jones was close to committing to the Aggies after visiting for the Clemson game, and it appeared they garnered all the momentum in his recruitment. But Texas really turned the tide this weekend. Jason Washington sold the program to Jones and his family this weekend and has been one of the staff’s most effective recruiters. As long as Texas keeps winning, Washington and the Longhorns should be able to fend off A&M. 

— As I mentioned this morning, Texas is surging with four-star St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) wide receiver Marcus Washington and now appears to be in the pole position in this recruitment. Missouri and Florida are the other schools involved, but it appears that Missouri has lost steam in this one. We also checked in with a source close to the Florida program that told us the Gators don’t feel like they are major players at this time. Texas just needs to close here.