Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 hours ago, Laga4 said:

Was listening to Dan Patrick show this morning while driving to Dallas and he was saying in basketball the method of payment is an offshore account and recruits get a debit card.  

Anyone know if that's common in football?  

Used to be the "green dot" cash cards.  Somebody could load the cards in a walgreens or similar, and anybody could convert them into cash easily.   The Feds clamped down on that.  No good anymore. 

Used to be the "green dot" cash cards.  Somebody could load the cards in a walgreens or similar, and anybody could convert them into cash easily.   The Feds clamped down on that.  No good anymore. 

Nope you still can, there is a limit though until a ss is required. Like 50 or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Bevo said:

Your mom likes looking backwards...when I’m fucking her....then she looks forward and calls out my name, Jesus. 

So I'm just catching up a bit here, but I wanted to call this out as one of the finer 'yo momma' moments here. I read it, rambling style, as if trying to construct the joke as I went along, and it was brilliant. Bravo sir.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

It's not sour grapes when we actually passed on him because of his dirt. This isn't fan fiction. 

And it’s not who you don’t get, it is who you get. If you can’t get an equivalent player who isnt a threat to screw your program and your women then who gives a fuck that he went to another school.

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The IT guys are pretty adamant this is not happening. It sounds like from everything people are repeating/reporting here, Brooks to Texas is not going to happen. 

The kid is a physical freak and a ridiculous talent, but he has more baggage than a Kardashian family vacation.  And some serious skeletons in his closet...rape, drugs (both usage and dealing), living situation, teammate, probably a non-qualifier.  There are a ton of red flags with this kid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

That "bad character" take is a Neuroscience major and an all Big 12 Academic Honor Roll (or something).  I don't think he is your standard "bad character."  I am not condoning whatever he might have done in HS, but he might be a bad example.  

He wasn’t any of those things before he got to campus. So let’s not assume that Brooks can’t turn it around like our current 3rd string TE....ijs

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

who cares if brooks has baggage u dont win passing up on that type of talent

every national championship team has headcases

i would recruit 25 aaron hernandez's over a mid to low 3*

Cool, Carl. 25 Aaron Hernandez’s and we might not have enough people in Austin to fill the stands and our coach would be spending his time in the cardiac unit at Seton.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

Are these all of the character risks in this class? 

Marcel Brooks
Tamauzia Brown
Jeffrey Carter

Rumor was that Carter transferred from Aledo to Legacy because he got evicted due to repeated incidents.

I hope the best for Brooks, and would love to see someone who came from that neighborhood make it, but there are serious concerns.

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

Rumor was that Carter transferred from Aledo to Legacy because he got evicted due to repeated incidents.

I hope the best for Brooks, and would love to see someone who came from that neighborhood make it, but there are serious concerns.

Where is Brooks from? Flower Mound?

1 hour ago, Beigebandit said:

He wasn’t any of those things before he got to campus. So let’s not assume that Brooks can’t turn it around like our current 3rd string TE....ijs

Leitao is kind of an odd example because he comes from a good family/background and was a good student in high school based on what I’ve read. Most people were shocked that Leitao was involved because it was out of “character”. That doesn’t excuse his actions but there’s different context here. 

Brooks sounds like a kid that has a long history of bad behavior and questionable choices. Not saying Brooks can’t make changes in his life but think this is a lot different than  Leitao. Leitao sounds like he made a bad decision and Brooks sounds like he’s on about strike 6. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Leitao is kind of an odd example because he comes from a good family/background and was a good student in high school based on what I’ve read. Most people were shocked that Leitao was involved because it was out of “character”. That doesn’t excuse his actions but there’s different context here. 

Brooks sounds like a kid that has a long history of bad behavior and questionable choices. Not saying Brooks can’t make changes in his life but think this is a lot different than  Leitao. Leitao sounds like he made a bad decision and Brooks sounds like he’s on about strike 6. 

I have some friends who Played football with me who hopped a fence and went on a joy ride in a car dealership parking lot and got arrested. They all have good careers now. Leitao may fall into this stupid decision category rather than the habitual criminal category that Brooks falls into. Regardless, we aren’t recruiting Brooks so this discussion is pointless.

5 hours ago, Beigebandit said:

“He was a rapist before he arrived at campus. Let’s reward him with a scholarship, surround him with drunk sorority girls, and see if we can rehabilitate him.”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah man, assume there must be something you don’t know and shut the fuck up. You follow these boards and we’ve been pretty straight on it for a fucking year. That’s on you. 

Have a bad day or what? You can respond without being a dick about it.

it looks like asking for details on what the actual rumors are that caused us to not recruit brooks has caused a shitstorm so we can probably just move on. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Get ln My Van said:

if we have the extra spot in this class then I wouldn’t mind giving Brooks a chance to prove himself. I believe the leadership in our locker room would keep his ass in line. 

Keep in mind this is only an uninformed, idiotic take from someone who doesn’t know Brooks or his character personally.

Username creepily checks out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Get ln My Van said:

if we have the extra spot in this class then I wouldn’t mind giving Brooks a chance to prove himself. I believe the leadership in our locker room would keep his ass in line. 

Keep in mind this is only an uninformed, idiotic take from someone who doesn’t know Brooks or his character personally.

You'll fit right in here

Edited by Post Oak
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

So people here are saying Brooks is a drug dealer, a drug user and a full on rapist with massive and constant attitude problems.

Let's be clear, that's exactly what some of you are saying.  So I guess we should expect some sort of charges or suspension any day now.

OJ was innocent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SameSame said:

So people here are saying Brooks is a drug dealer, a drug user and a full on rapist with massive and constant attitude problems.

Let's be clear, that's exactly what some of you are saying.  So I guess we should expect some sort of charges or suspension any day now.

Don’t be a dumbass. Every single prospective recruit has people around him who know what he’s about. Word gets out, and sometimes it’s best for respectable coaches and programs to just walk on by. The risk isn’t worth the potential reward.

Crazy, I know. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Carl Winslow said:

who cares if brooks has baggage u dont win passing up on that type of talent

every national championship team has headcases

i would recruit 25 aaron hernandez's over a mid to low 3*

You can bet your ass this would have been an Art Briles special. Is that what you want Carl? To fashion our program after an offensive coordinator in an italian flag flag football league?

• Like 1

This isn’t a $9.95 board where dipshit moderators hide behind innuendo and “wait til after signing day” nonsense. Some of us put explicit shit out there for consumption, which has been the case with Brooks repeatedly. You guys acting like this is the first you’ve heard of issues with him or questioning the severity, when you have posters providing info and even evidence of multiple local programs ignoring his ass, make reading this shit nauseating. 
The bottom line is that EJ Holland is a fucking limp dick puppet being manipulated by handlers who want to get their boys out there associated to UT interest in order to drive up or maintain prices. He was a fucking shill for Lyles and Waddle’s crew last year, to the point of running Rondale Moore down by comparison, and he’s doing the same shit with Brooks and his boys. 
This whole last page is due to a tweet from an uninformed hipster loser. 

He’s right ya know.

29 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Don’t be a dumbass. Every single prospective recruit has people around him who know what he’s about. Word gets out, and sometimes it’s best for respectable coaches and programs to just walk on by. The risk isn’t worth the potential reward.

Crazy, I know. 

If he's as much of a criminal and bad guy as you're saying, I don't think it's being a dumbass to expect charges or suspension.

Hey I don't know the guy, I'm going by what you people are saying, which is that he's a drug dealer and a rapist. 

4 minutes ago, SameSame said:

If he's as much of a criminal and bad guy as you're saying, I don't think it's being a dumbass to expect charges or suspension.

Hey I don't know the guy, I'm going by what you people are saying, which is that he's a drug dealer and a rapist. 

Sounds like this guy is truly one of those like Aaron Hernandez. Everyone close to him may know he’s a criminal. There are numerous reasons bad people avoid arrest and prosecution for long periods of time, despite everyone knowing what they are.

The kid is a physical freak and a ridiculous talent, but he has more baggage than a Kardashian family vacation.  And some serious skeletons in his closet...rape, drugs (both usage and dealing), living situation, teammate, probably a non-qualifier.  There are a ton of red flags with this kid.

IMO, Selling/using drugs isn’t that much of an indictment on someone’s character. The way people treat people is. The way people work is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Well shit, it sounds like we're about to enter a new era of peace and prosperity, since criminals never walk free!

9 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Your strategy of being obtuse is a curious one. I bet you thought Fred Rouse and Ryan Perriloux were big loses too. 

Fred Rouse showed up to his visit high and smelling of weed and it was widely discussed on the boards. And yet there were still people upset Mack did not pursue. 

11 hours ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

That "bad character" take is a Neuroscience major and an all Big 12 Academic Honor Roll (or something).  I don't think he is your standard "bad character."  I am not condoning whatever he might have done in HS, but he might be a bad example.  

He was dealing Xanax at school.  Busted and charged with felony possession with intent to distribute.  Family hired a top lawyer in Tulsa, obvious good move, they worked a plea deal down to a misdemeanor. 

Glad he's taking advantage of his opportunity now.

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Your strategy of being obtuse is a curious one. I bet you thought Fred Rouse and Ryan Perriloux were big loses too. 

Fred Rouse showed up to his visit high and smelling of weed and it was widely discussed on the boards. And yet there were still people upset Mack did not pursue. 

Well you're wrong.  And I'm not the one being obtuse and acting like I have secret information.  I honestly don't get as wrapped up in individuals.

25 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Risk/reward. Walk away.