Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Has anyone said what his condition actually is? I was under the impression that it was a heat stroke.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw him pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. /obligatory
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Daniels is good, but Sam has "it". Grit, toughness, will to win, doesn't lock on to his first receiver. If only we had better defenders....

But I digress. Cosmi looks like a stud, Vahe is gone (thank Christ), Shack is back, Kerstetter will be back, Okafor should progress (hopefully), Imade (unknown), Angilau (let's hope he takes the Cosmi route of bad ass, and I don't know who else? Another grad transfer?

Are you saying he has “Moxy”?

Super K update on Bru:

Spoken to multiple sources close to the McCoy’s and have obviously had my fair share of conversations with the family. Here’s the latest.

***Folks close to the family tell me that USC remains a tough team to beat in this one. Interestingly, I’m told that Texas is doing a better job recruiting him but it’s less about the recruitment and more about the advantage the USC has an institution and alumni base.

***Source added that in their opinion, if the decision was made today it would still be USC. But said, things are so bad there right now that in a situation like this where Bru seemed to be a lock to USC, Texas does have a chance.

***I’m told that the Texas side feels fairly confident. The family continues to give them reason to be hopeful and continue pursuing Bru.

***Again, from a recruiting perspective and obviously from the perspective of stability and on-field success, Texas is winning. If those factors end up being the deciding factor then Texas likely takes this one. But, I’m told that as an institution, USC is nearly unbeatable in this recruitment. It all depends on what ultimately ends up being the most important factors.

Bottom line based on what I’ve heard, Texas is out-recruiting USC in this one (by a mile) but USC remains tough to beat.

26 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update on Bru:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoken to multiple sources close to the McCoy’s and have obviously had my fair share of conversations with the family. Here’s the latest.

***Folks close to the family tell me that USC remains a tough team to beat in this one. Interestingly, I’m told that Texas is doing a better job recruiting him but it’s less about the recruitment and more about the advantage the USC has an institution and alumni base.

***Source added that in their opinion, if the decision was made today it would still be USC. But said, things are so bad there right now that in a situation like this where Bru seemed to be a lock to USC, Texas does have a chance.

***I’m told that the Texas side feels fairly confident. The family continues to give them reason to be hopeful and continue pursuing Bru.

***Again, from a recruiting perspective and obviously from the perspective of stability and on-field success, Texas is winning. If those factors end up being the deciding factor then Texas likely takes this one. But, I’m told that as an institution, USC is nearly unbeatable in this recruitment. It all depends on what ultimately ends up being the most important factors.

Bottom line based on what I’ve heard, Texas is out-recruiting USC in this one (by a mile) but USC remains tough to beat.

That’s a whole lotta words to say USC would have to close down for him to not go there.  

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Super K update on Bru:

Hide contents

Not shocked. The love for USC is tearing him up. Too bad we don't have these in state "problems " when we have sucked. Can you imagine baron browning not giving a shit who was here? Sam is that guy for us but we lost out on plenty due to uncertainty and sucking.

21 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Not shocked. The love for USC is tearing him up. Too bad we don't have these in state "problems " when we have sucked. Can you imagine baron browning not giving a shit who was here? Sam is that guy for us but we lost out on plenty due to uncertainty and sucking.

Too be fair, Browning has done jack and shit in 2 years at Ohio State.

13 minutes ago, MexHorn said:

Found it...

Ok I get that BC has used the handshake emoji in subtweets about recruits before, but he used a shhh when Washington actually committed to the coaches. I went back and found it on the timeline:

Since Carson last year, every silent has been a standalone shhh. Nothing else has been used to signal a silent, so until he does something else I'm assuming that only standalone shhh's are silents. I don't know what today's tweet is about but I don't think it's a silent commit.

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

16 minutes ago, RabidM said:

DJ Williams has freaky acceleration and change or direction, but he's tiny.  He's listed at 5-11, he's not.  He looks 5-7 ish.  I like the offer.  He's a Darren Sproles starter kit.  

As long as they are durable, those shorter backs often get right behind the OL and find holes, DL have a really hard time finding them down there.  

Dont remember which game I was watching yesterday but they had a short, patient back who made cuts once lanes opened up for great gains particularly near the goal line.  Was thinking how nice it would be to have a weapon like that 

Edited by Treefidy

6 hours ago, Treefidy said:

As long as they are durable, those shorter backs often get right behind the OL and find holes, DL have a really hard time finding them down there.  

Dont remember which game I was watching yesterday but they had a short, patient back who made cuts once lanes opened up for great gains particularly near the goal line.  Was thinking how nice it would be to have a weapon like that 

Oklahoma

They have a back who is as short, or shorter than Murray.

Hollywood Brown also seems to be 5'8", tops.

25 minutes ago, Richter said:

Yeah, are we sure that Oscar Giles isn't posing as a DL recruit and trying to suit up as an alter-ego player?  Maybe he's finally solved his recruiting issues by recruiting himself?

You bring up an interesting point. Could Oscar Giles successfully handle his own recruitment? I’m going to assume “no”, so this will be interesting to watch. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, mop said:

I noticed that if we get Bru, our class calculator would immediately jump us up to #3 in terms of recruiting rankings.  Of course, that is only based upon a comparison with everyone else's unfinished class, but it is encouraging.  

I just can't see Bru happening. If he went to the Cal game and watched that tire fire with a lame duck coach and is still torn up about the school and alumni base and opportunities after school as if Texas doesn't offer the same thing, then we really don't have a shot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I just can't see Bru happening. If he went to the Cal game and watched that tire fire with a lame duck coach and is still torn up about the school and alumni base and opportunities after school as if Texas doesn't offer the same thing, then we really don't have a shot. 

Texas offers the same thing, but mostly in Texas. Sounds like he wants to be in SoCal after football.

• Like 1