Texas recruiting notes 2019

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

We are most likely getting LB Caleb Johnson, OT Hookfin.

We lost ATH Powell who will commit to Baylor (legacy).

There is some chance we may lose Marcus Washington. Kennedy Lewis is his backup.

S Catalon is total unknown. IMO, most likely Arkie.

Chances for ATH Bru, RB Sanders or RB Cain are slim. RB glass is the backup.

There was secret visitor over the weekend who may or may not be Carrington himself.

There are 2shhhs waiting to drop.

That sums up about last 20-25 pages.

^^^Great Post... ThxÂ đŸ€˜

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

hadnt Hookfin been on campus before? this wasnt the "look at him and get to know him" kinda OV?  we were already past that,  so we are just looking for his commitment.

so , what gives? He didnt like the Coker visit? didnt like that he might be expected to play guard? His hostess use too much teeth?

EJ update 

I changed my Crystal Ball to Texas for three-star Melissa wide receiver Kennedy Lewis. With the recent departure of Peyton Powell, a wide receiver spot opened up and from what we have been able to gather, Texas has made a push for Lewis. Remember, UT offensive coordinator Tim Beck recently saw him, and the Longhorns were in the pole position earlier this cycle. Lewis plans to make his decision on Tuesday before signing early.

— Official visits are still wrapping up, but we are continuing to hear positive buzz on TCU offensive line commit Andrew Coker. Now, we aren’t saying that a flip is imminent. However, Texas has made a huge impression on him this weekend and is certainly giving him a lot to think about. This is a situation we are going to closely monitor over the next few days.

— Texas defensive line commit Myron Warrenhad an amazing time on his official visit this weekend. While LSU showed interest, the Tigers have yet to offer, and it doesn’t appear that Warren is going to wait until the late period. We expect the three-star Many (La.) product to sign with Texas on Wednesday

-Things are officially over with five-star Texas A&M defensive line commit DeMarvin Leal. The Longhorns kept in contact with him over the last week, but he did not make a covert visit to campus this weekend. I’m told the Aggies saw him on Friday and sealed the deal on their visit.

2 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

hadnt Hookfin been on campus before? this wasnt the "look at him and get to know him" kinda OV?  we were already past that,  so we are just looking for his commitment.ï»ż

so , what gives? He didnt like the Coker visit? didnt like that he might be expected to play guard? His hostess use too much teeth?

Keep your options open and keep evaluating until the very end. There's no reason not to, and Bama does the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

-Things are officially over with five-star Texas A&M defensive line commit DeMarvin Leal. The Longhorns kept in contact with him over the last week, but he did not make a covert visit to campus this weekend. I’m told the Aggies saw him on Friday and sealed the deal on their visit.

I’m not ready to call it over with Leal until his letter is signed.  if we can get him on campus, even for an unofficial, I think he falls in love with the forty and flips. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

I’m not ready to call it over with Leal until his letter is signed.  if we can get him on campus, even for an unofficial, I think he falls in love with the forty and flips. 

Its never been more clear that he’s the super secret next level commit that was on campus this weekend.  

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

EJ also adds

“We know who the second secret visitor was. You’ll find out Wednesday”

and when asked if it was a big commit and will they sign with Texas

“We are not going to answer any more questions on this. You’ll find out Wednesday”

Leal, imo

• Like 1

Roach update

-spoke to some sources regarding Noah today. From everything I’m hearing, Georgia is not going to be a factor for him. He’s down to Penn State and Texas, although he did enjoy his Tennessee visit. From what I’ve heard, a decision has not been made yet, and Cain is genuinely torn. We will see how things go this week leading up to the decision. I still think Penn State will be the pick, but Texas is hanging in there.

13 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t understand how it can be a Hookfin or Coker discussion. We should take both. 

It could easily be them not liking Hookfin as much after sizing him up more in person. I get that they already had the opportunity to do that the first time he visited, but I don't see why getting a second close look can't change your mind. Or maybe they think Coker can play tackle or something now, idk. 

3 minutes ago, Fud said:

It could easily be them not liking Hookfin as ï»żï»żï»żï»żmuch after sizing him up more in person. I get that they already had the opportunity to do that the first time he visited, but I don't see why getting a second close look can't change your mind. Or maybe they think Coker can play tackle or something now, idk. 

...you have to realize how flimsy this sounds after typing it out, right? Like you said, we've known his athletic attributes for some time now.

Also Suchomel is saying Andrew Coker will sign with TCU and told him so personally after the visit.

Edited by satyanash

Just now, satyanash said:

...you have to realize how flimsy this sounds after typing it out, right? Like you said, we've known his athletic attributes for some time now.

ï»ż Also Suchomel is saying Andrew Coker will sign with TCU.ï»ż

Do you think big boards are static and don't change after the initial opinions? 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Do you think big boards are static and don't change after the initial opinions? 

I don’t think they need to be static but it does seem odd to late offer a guy you have been evaluating for some time only to slow play him.4 days before he signs. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

I don’t think they need to be static but it does seem odd to late offer a guy you have been evaluating for some time only to slow play him.4 days before he signs. 

Well, it's either our guys changed their opinion on him after studying him this weekend, or we just got pantsed in the recruitment mid-official visit. Which one does Occam's Razor shave? 

7 minutes ago, Fud said:

Do you think big boards are static and don't change after the first and second opinions?

Usually, yeah. This would be what, the third opinion at this point? Coaches generally don't like wasting time.

Also this doesn't jibe with us not getting Coker.

Edited by satyanash

Just now, Fud said:

Well, it's either our guys changed their opinion on him after studying him this weekend, or we just got pantsed in the recruitment mid-official visit. Which one does Occam's Razor shave? 

Neither one seens like the likely and obvious explanation. Occam won’t apply here if he does not sign with Texas. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Neither one seens like the likely and obvious explanation. Occam won’t apply here if he does not sign with Texas. 

You mean, we'll never know whether the staff cooled on him, or just got out-recruited? 

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Usually, yeah. This would be what, the third opinion at this point? Coaches generally don't like wasting time.

Also this doesn't jibe with us not getting Coker.

Getting more looks for more evaluation is wasting time? 

I never said it was absolutely tied to Coker, I just mentioned it as a possibility, because I didn't know what was going on 

55 minutes ago, futureman said:

Guess this means years of your hilarious Leal transfer jokes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Solid summary. I think there will be a new DT, OL and skill player that will surface after signing day one, if/when we strike out on McCoy, Sanders and/or Cain.

After watching Gbenda's Sr. Hudl highlights, I agree. That dude is fast, has great play recognition, and arrives angry.  He adds 15-20 .lbs and keeps his speed he's going to be super.